The Passenger Tickets
Mieczyslaw Weinberg’s highly celebrated opera, The Passenger is to be performed to capture theater fans. The opera is based on the Polish radio play called ‘Passenger from Cabin Number 45’. The show is a powerful expression of two contradictory forces in history facing each other. It is a tale of justice by Zofia Posmysz who was a survivor of the Auschwitz concentration camp. The play is highly appreciated for its presentation on two different operatic levels and the interplay between them. To be a part of the enchanting theatrical experience, get The Passenger tickets now
The Passenger Cities
The Passenger Tickets
- Buy Passenger, Lincoln Theatre - DC Tickets for 10/26 07:00 PM Passenger, Lincoln Theatre - DC tickets for 10/26 07:00 PM at Lincoln Theatre DC, Washington, DC
- Tue Oct 26 2021
- Buy Passenger, Town Hall Tickets for 10/27 08:00 PM Passenger, Town Hall tickets for 10/27 08:00 PM at Town Hall, New York, NY
- Wed Oct 27 2021
- Buy Passenger, House Of Blues - Boston Tickets for 10/29 08:00 PM Passenger, House Of Blues - Boston tickets for 10/29 08:00 PM at House Of Blues Boston, Boston, MA
- Fri Oct 29 2021
- Buy Passenger, MTelus Tickets for 10/30 08:00 PM Passenger, MTelus tickets for 10/30 08:00 PM at MTelus, Montreal, QC
- Sat Oct 30 2021
- Buy Passenger, Phoenix Concert Theatre Tickets for 11/01 08:00 PM Passenger, Phoenix Concert Theatre tickets for 11/01 08:00 PM at Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON
- Mon Nov 01 2021
- Buy Passenger, Thalia Hall Tickets for 11/03 07:30 PM Passenger, Thalia Hall tickets for 11/03 07:30 PM at Thalia Hall, Chicago, IL
- Wed Nov 03 2021
- Buy Winnipeg Folk Festival: Passenger, Burton Cummings Theatre Tickets for 11/05 08:00 PM Winnipeg Folk Festival: Passenger, Burton Cummings Theatre tickets for 11/05 08:00 PM at Burton Cummings Theatre, Winnipeg, MB
- Fri Nov 05 2021
- Buy Passenger, Vogue Theatre - BC Tickets for 11/09 07:00 PM Passenger, Vogue Theatre - BC tickets for 11/09 07:00 PM at Vogue Theatre BC, Vancouver, BC
- Tue Nov 09 2021
- Buy Passenger, Wonder Ballroom Tickets for 11/11 08:30 PM Passenger, Wonder Ballroom tickets for 11/11 08:30 PM at Wonder Ballroom, Portland, OR
- Thu Nov 11 2021
- Buy Passenger, August Hall Tickets for 11/13 08:00 PM Passenger, August Hall tickets for 11/13 08:00 PM at August Hall, San Francisco, CA
- Sat Nov 13 2021
The opera is a remarkable rendition of Posmysz’s novel and is studded with beautiful music and impressive sets. The two levels of opera used for performance will leave you spellbound as you witness the most outstanding actors recreate the cruelties that followed the Second World War. The play was to be performed at the Bolshoi in the 1960s but the initiative was not followed through. It was banned in the USSR because of its strong opposing stance to the Nazi regime. Later on, the Opera only commenced in its full version in 2006. The English National Opera has now provided a medium for The Passenger to be performed with its full grandeur and majesty.
The play is set in the era after the Second World War where a newly designated diplomat, Walter is sailing towards Brazil on the deck on an ocean liner. This is the first level of performance of the Opera. Here, the diplomat Walter’s new wife spots a Polish woman on the deck. She recognizes that the woman, called Marta was an inmate at the Auschwitz concentration camp, where she was a guard. Walter has no inkling of Lisa’s prior occupation. The second level of performance shows Auschwitz. Here, Lisa discloses her past to Walter. While she recounts wartime, she is faced with a number of realities. She plots easily managing the inmates with her superior and is of the view that they should be manipulated and one potential leader should be picked out of each group to lead the rest. There is a general indifference among the guards towards the gassing of the prisoners. For them it is better to stay here and not die on the battlefront against Russians. Their complete apathy towards the well being of the prisoners is highly tragic as the play moves towards further prejudices of the guards.
Level two is a bleak representation of how the Second World War treated the masses. The startling intensity with which the inmates were tortured and persecuted is shown to the audience. This will leave you dumbfounded as the picture painted by Weinberg is gruesome and not very far from reality. There is a dreadful depiction of how inhumanely the inmates are treated that will move the audience.
On a personal level too, Lisa is unjust with Marta. As Marta tricks Lisa and misreads a Russian woman’s note that is being tortured and thrashed because of that very note. Later on, Lisa is witness to Marta and her lover, she decides to try and manipulate their relationship to exert more control on the prisoners. She also taunts Marta and tries to get her to believe that her lover is to die. In a gruesome attempt at throwing Bach’s Chaconne at his Kommandant, Marta’s lover does die and Lisa is faced with feelings of guilt and remorse which she cannot let go of. The play’s resolution is insoluble as we see Lisa in despair and without a set path.
The striking opera will bring you to empathize with history. The crowd will be urged to experience a number of emotions. Marta’s dreadful redemption will be acted out to you in an interesting and sentimentally charged manner. It is problematic to have an opera based on the Holocaust as reactions become uncontrollable. Weinberg effectively portrays the two levels on the operatic stage. The themes portrayed were highly objectionable in the past but now theater companies have the freedom of art to communicate these ideas to the audience. Lisa and Walter’s predicament as she recollects her past will be scarring to hear through melodies that will make your heart ache. If you are a theater fan in general and an opera fan in particular, you do not want to miss the opportunity of being part of the unreal experience. To get a taste of the thematically rich play, get The Passenger tickets .
The Passenger Schedule
Some of the best theatre productions have released their schedules. The Passenger will run at the venues from 26-Oct-21 until 15-Nov-21. Upcoming show will be staged at Lincoln Theatre - DC, Washington; whereas the last one will be held at the The Cathedral Sanctuary At Immanuel Presbyterian, Los Angeles. For the complete list of dates and venues, please visit our website.
|Passenger||Lincoln Theatre - DC||Washington, DC||Tue Oct 26 202107:00 PM|
|Passenger||Town Hall||New York, NY||Wed Oct 27 202108:00 PM|
|Passenger||House Of Blues - Boston||Boston, MA||Fri Oct 29 202108:00 PM|
|Passenger||MTelus||Montreal, QC||Sat Oct 30 202108:00 PM|
|Passenger||Phoenix Concert Theatre||Toronto, ON||Mon Nov 01 202108:00 PM|
|Passenger||Thalia Hall||Chicago, IL||Wed Nov 03 202107:30 PM|
|Winnipeg Folk Festival: Passenger||Burton Cummings Theatre||Winnipeg, MB||Fri Nov 05 202108:00 PM|
|Passenger||Vogue Theatre - BC||Vancouver, BC||Tue Nov 09 202107:00 PM|
|Passenger||Wonder Ballroom||Portland, OR||Thu Nov 11 202108:30 PM|
|Passenger||August Hall||San Francisco, CA||Sat Nov 13 202108:00 PM|
The Passenger Ticket Prices
The average price for The Passenger Tickets start from $43. The minimum get in price is $37 for The Passenger Tickets at the House Of Blues - Boston, Boston. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Winnipeg Folk Festival: Passenger||Winnipeg||5-Nov-21||$147||$51|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.