The Villanova University is located in Radnor Township, which is a suburb in the northwest region of Philadelphia. The university gets its name from Saint Thomas of Villanova and is the oldest Catholic institute in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It has a very stringent selection criteria and is regarded among the most selective catholic schools. The varsity teams of the university are known as the Villanova Wildcats, and they are members of the NCAA Division I. Majority of their teams compete in the Big East Conference. The football and basketball programs of the Villanova Wildcats have been quite successful in recent years. Get Villanova tickets and watch the Wildcats in action as they play against different teams.
- Buy Villanova Wildcats vs. Lehigh Mountain Hawks, Villanova Stadium Tickets for Sat Sep 5 2020 Villanova Wildcats vs. Lehigh Mountain Hawks, Villanova Stadium, tickets for 09/05 TBA at Villanova Stadium, Villanova, PA
- Sat Sep 5 2020
- Buy Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. Villanova Wildcats, Truist Field At Wake Forest Tickets for Sat Sep 19 2020 Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. Villanova Wildcats, Truist Field At Wake Forest, tickets for 09/19 TBA at Truist Field At Wake Forest, Winston Salem, NC
- Sat Sep 19 2020
- Buy Villanova Wildcats vs. Rhode Island Rams , Villanova Stadium Tickets for Sat Sep 26 2020 Villanova Wildcats vs. Rhode Island Rams , Villanova Stadium, tickets for 09/26 TBA at Villanova Stadium, Villanova, PA
- Sat Sep 26 2020
- Buy Villanova Wildcats vs. Towson Tigers, Villanova Stadium Tickets for Sat Oct 10 2020 Villanova Wildcats vs. Towson Tigers, Villanova Stadium, tickets for 10/10 TBA at Villanova Stadium, Villanova, PA
- Sat Oct 10 2020
- Buy Maine Black Bears vs. Villanova Wildcats, Morse Field at Harold Alfond Sports Stadium Tickets for Sat Oct 17 2020 Maine Black Bears vs. Villanova Wildcats, Morse Field at Harold Alfond Sports Stadium, tickets for 10/17 TBA at Morse Field at Harold Alfond Sports Stadium, Orono, ME
- Sat Oct 17 2020
- Buy Villanova Wildcats vs. James Madison Dukes, Villanova Stadium Tickets for Sat Oct 24 2020 Villanova Wildcats vs. James Madison Dukes, Villanova Stadium, tickets for 10/24 TBA at Villanova Stadium, Villanova, PA
- Sat Oct 24 2020
- Buy Delaware Blue Hens vs. Villanova Wildcats , Delaware Stadium Tickets for Sat Nov 14 2020 Delaware Blue Hens vs. Villanova Wildcats , Delaware Stadium, tickets for 11/14 TBA at Delaware Stadium, Newark, DE
- Sat Nov 14 2020
The Villanova Wildcat’s basketball team plays in the Big East conference and is also a member of the Philadelphia Big Five. The basketball team was formed in 1920 and has been actively competing in the sport. They have made the eighth highest number of appearances in the NCAA tournament with thirty three appearances. Out of the many times they have competed in the tournament, the Wildcats have made it to the round of elite eight, a dozen times. They have progressed further to the final four, four times and have lifted the most sought, National Championship once, in 1985. The Wildcats were the Conference regular seasons champions in the season that concluded in 2014. This was the eighth time the Villanova basketball team became the Conference regular seasons champions.
The basketball team is coached by Jay Wright, Jr. He has been with the team for the last thirteen years and has been recognized by several rewards for his contributions. He got the Big East Coach of the Year award in 2006 and 2009. In 2009 he was also named the Daily News Sportsperson of the Year, since he took the Wildcats team to the semifinals. With a winning average of just over point six five, Wright has set a decent record in his tenure with the team. The basketball team plays its home games at The Pavilion, a multipurpose arena with a seating capacity of sixty five hundred. Get Villanova tickets and catch the teams representing Villanova University live in action.
Similarly the football team has also been the focus of much appreciation. The football team competes in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision in the Colonial Athletic Association. They were previously members of the Atlantic 10 Conference from 1997 to 2005. The Wildcats football team have lifted six conference championships. In addition to the success at the conference level, the Villanova Wildcats won their first National Championship in December 2009. Coach Andy Talley led the team to a victory over the Montana Grizzlies in the FCS Bowl Game. Talley is still the serving head coach of the Villanova football team, a position he has held since 1985.Villanova fans can now closely follow the performance of their football team with the radio show, featuring Andy Talley. The radio show broadcast the live games along with a preview of upcoming contests. Coach Talley will give insights and news regarding his team in the hour long show.
The football team plays its home games at the Villanova Stadium which can seat up to twelve thousand spectators. The on campus stadium is used for many other sports as well, such as field hockey, lacrosse and track & field events. A number of Villanova Wildcats have gone on to feature in the NFL. As of 2014, forty players have been drafted in the National football league. Howie Long a Villanova alumnus and a defensive player of the Raiders has been inducted in the NFL Hall of Fame.
The football team has a longstanding rivalry with the University of Delaware. Both the teams participate in an annual game to decide the winner of the "Battle of the Blue”. The winner takes home the Blue Trophy. The Fightin' Blue Hens and the Wildcats first met in 1985 and since 1988, the former CAA conference rivals have competed against each other every year. The closely fought games are depicted in the overall statistics of the two teams, with the Wildcats having won twenty four games and the Blue Hens having won twenty one. Coach Talley has got thirteen victories in his tenure and has lost twelve games to Delaware. Get Villanova tickets and watch Villanova University’s two teams which have brought the university national gory, live in action as they go up against teams like the Richmond Spiders, Delaware Blue Hens and the Syracuse Orange.
Villanova Basketball Roster
|No.||Last Name||Name||Pos.||eligibility||Cl. (Exp.)||Height||Ht.||Wt.||Hometown||High School|
|1||brunson jalen||Jalen Brunson||Guard||3||SO||74.5||6-2.5||190||Lincolnshire, Ill.||Adlai Stevenson|
|2||jenkins kris||Kris Jenkins||Forward||7||SR||78||6-6||235||Upper Marlboro, Md.||Gonzaga College High School|
|3||hart josh||Josh Hart||Guard||7||SR||77.5||6-5.5||215||Silver Spring, Md.||Sidwell Friends|
|4||paschall eric||Eric Paschall||Forward||4||RS SO||79||6-7||250||Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.||St. Thomas More|
|5||booth phil||Phil Booth||Guard||5||JR||75||6-3||195||Baltimore, Md.||Mount Saint Joseph|
|10||divincenzo donte||Donte DiVincenzo||Guard||2||RS FR||77||6-5||205||Wilmington, Del.||Salesianum|
|14||spellman omari||Omari Spellman||Forward||1||FR||81||6-9||260||North Royalton, Ohio||St. Thomas More|
|24||leibig tom||Tom Leibig||Forward||5||JR||76||6-4||195||Havertown, Pa.||Haverford|
|25||bridges mikal||Mikal Bridges||Guard/Forward||4||RS SO||79||6-7||210||Malvern, Pa.||Great Valley|
|34||delaney tim||Tim Delaney||Forward||2||RS FR||80.5||6-8.5||235||Mullica Hill, N.J.||Pitman H.S./Blair Academy|
|35||kennedy matt||Matt Kennedy||Guard||5||JR||74||6-2||175||Fairfax, Va.||Flint Hill|
|40||grace denny||Denny Grace||Guard||7||SR||71||5-11||175||Catonsville, Md.||Calvert Hall|
|42||painter dylan||Dylan Painter||Forward||1||FR||82||6-10||240||Hershey, Pa.||Hershey|
|45||reynolds darryl||Darryl Reynolds||Forward||7||SR||81||6-9||240||Philadelphia, Pa.||Lower Merion HS/Worcester Academy|
Villanova Ticket Prices
Currently the average price for Villanova tickets is $111. The date and location for this event is 12-Mar-20 at Madison Square Garden, New York. The minimum get-in price for Villanova tickets is $8.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|2020 Big East Men's Basketball Tournament: Villanova vs. TBD & Seton Hall vs. Marquette - Session 3||New York||12-Mar-20||$111||$8|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.