Recently formed American alternative rock/indie pop band, Polica is famous for incorporating elements of R&B and synthpop. The act comprises of Channy Leaneagh, Ryan Olson, Drew Christopherson, Ben Ivascu, and Chris Bierden, who describe their band’s title to mean “Policy” in Polish. They have so far released two studio albums namely Give You the Ghost and Shulamith, which were released in 2012 and 2013, respectively.
- Buy Polica, Union Transfer Tickets for 03/28 03:30 AM Polica, Union Transfer tickets for 03/28 03:30 AM at Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA
- Fri Mar 28 2070
- Buy Polica, First Avenue Tickets for 04/10 03:30 AM Polica, First Avenue tickets for 04/10 03:30 AM at First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
- Thu Apr 10 2070
- Buy Polica, Teragram Ballroom Tickets for 04/22 03:30 AM Polica, Teragram Ballroom tickets for 04/22 03:30 AM at Teragram Ballroom, Los Angeles, CA
- Tue Apr 22 2070
- Buy Polica, Sister Bar Tickets for 04/25 03:30 AM Polica, Sister Bar tickets for 04/25 03:30 AM at Sister Bar, Albuquerque, NM
- Fri Apr 25 2070
- Buy Polica, Scoot Inn Tickets for 04/27 03:30 AM Polica, Scoot Inn tickets for 04/27 03:30 AM at Scoot Inn, Austin, TX
- Sun Apr 27 2070
- Buy Polica, Deep Ellum Art Co. Tickets for 04/28 03:30 AM Polica, Deep Ellum Art Co. tickets for 04/28 03:30 AM at Deep Ellum Art Co., Dallas, TX
- Mon Apr 28 2070
- Buy Polica, 89th Street Collective Tickets for 04/29 03:30 AM Polica, 89th Street Collective tickets for 04/29 03:30 AM at 89th Street Collective, Oklahoma City, OK
- Tue Apr 29 2070
- Buy Polica, Bottleneck Tickets for 04/30 03:30 AM Polica, Bottleneck tickets for 04/30 03:30 AM at Bottleneck, Lawrence, KS
- Wed Apr 30 2070
The Minneapolis, Minnesota-based band was founded by Leaneagh and Olson who had collaborated previously in the Midwest soft rock band Gayngs. They have been compared to other bands such as Active Child, Purity Ring, Austra, Daughter and Young Magic, since they all share a certain similarity in their musical philosophies. Some of their most popular songs in order of success include Chain My Name, Dark Star, Lay Your Card Out, Amongster, I See My Mother, Wandering Star, Violent Games, Form, The Maker, Teeth, Fist, Money, Happy Be Fine, Tiff (feat. Justin Vernon), Leading to Death, and Lay Your Cards Out (with Mike Noyce). The band has gained quite a cult following with their energetic live performances within the last couple of years and Polica tickets are sought eagerly by the indie rock fans.
On Valentine’s Day in 2012, Polica released their debut studio album titled Give You the Ghost, which received praise from critics in the form of enthusiastic favorable reviews. This album included the tracks The Maker, Form, I See My Mother, Amongster, Violent Games, Lay Your Cards Out, Fist Teeth Money, Wandering Star, Leading to Death and Happy Be Fire.
The founder of Bon Iver, Justin Vermon who is a Grammy Award winner, reported to Rolling Stone calling them ‘just the best band’ he had ever heard. A couple of songs from this first album featured vocals by Mike Noyce from Bon Ivor. Rolling Stone reviewed the offering to be much focused with ‘tender voice cascades’ filling dense fields of electronic minor keys that are backed up by a huge ‘swarm of percussion’ and ‘funked bass’. The publication described their sound to simultaneously describe celebration and heartbreak.
In 2012, Polica performed in Austin Texas at the SXSW, where NPR commented that the act appeared to be just at the edge of something about to hit worldwide, partly due to the polished live shows that gained popularity from word of mouth. The radio described their first album to be suggestive of a rather subdued live presence while their stage shows approach was completely opposite. This opposing musical style, as NPR puts it, was a very pleasant jolt of power and beauty. Yet another source to praise the band is the Huffington Post publication, which after attending their SXSW concert, commented that their music is the type that just ‘sticks to your bones’, adding that the band would simply be a big deal.
The band released their second album in late 2013 which consists of the songs So Leave, I Need $, Matty, Tiff, Torre, Very Cruel, Warrior Lord, Vegas, Smug, and Chain My Name. The artists have been associated with other acts like noise band Marijuana Deathsquads, the electronic Digitata, electronic/R&B group Solid Gold, the American indie folk Bon Iver, and the hip hop indie collective act Doomtree, among others. They have released their material on various labels including Totally Gross National Product, Mom & Pop Music, Inertia and Memphis Industries. Their music is one of a kind, giving yet another exciting version of indie rock and its experimental charms. They are currently touring so make sure to grab Polica tickets, and be there to rock it out.
Polica Ticket Prices
The average price for Polica Tickets start from $45. The minimum get in price is $37 for Polica Tickets at the Teragram Ballroom, Los Angeles. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.