John Prine Tickets
John Prine is an American country and folk music artist from Maywood in Illinois. He is a singer and a songwriter who is also known for progressive bluegrass music. He is also a musician who plays the guitar and has been an active part of the music industry since 1971. He has been signed onto several record labels including Asylum Records, Atlantic Records, Rhino Records and Oh Boy Records. He has been associated with several other artists in the country music scene including Steve Goodman and is one of the rare surviving country music artists from the golden seventies. As such, when it comes to country and folk music done the sensational way, he is the best choice for an entertainment filled evening through John Prine tickets.
John Prine Tickets
- Buy Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, U.S. Cellular Stage at the Bijou Theatre Tickets for Fri Oct 15 2021 Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, U.S. Cellular Stage at the Bijou Theatre, tickets for 10/15 20:00 at U.S. Cellular Stage at the Bijou Theatre, Knoxville, TN
- Fri Oct 15 2021
- Buy Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, Robert Kirk Walker Theatre Tickets for Sat Oct 16 2021 Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, Robert Kirk Walker Theatre, tickets for 10/16 20:00 at Robert Kirk Walker Theatre, Chattanooga, TN
- Sat Oct 16 2021
- Buy Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, Pabst Theater Tickets for Thu Oct 28 2021 Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, Pabst Theater, tickets for 10/28 20:00 at Pabst Theater, Milwaukee, WI
- Thu Oct 28 2021
- Buy Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, Meyer Theatre - WI Tickets for Fri Oct 29 2021 Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, Meyer Theatre - WI, tickets for 10/29 20:00 at Meyer Theatre - WI, Green Bay, WI
- Fri Oct 29 2021
- Buy Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, Brown Theatre at The Kentucky Center Tickets for Thu Nov 18 2021 Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, Brown Theatre at The Kentucky Center, tickets for 11/18 19:00 at Brown Theatre at The Kentucky Center, Louisville, KY
- Thu Nov 18 2021
- Buy Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, Lexington Opera House Tickets for Fri Nov 19 2021 Billy Prine and The Prine Time Band - Songs of John Prine, Lexington Opera House, tickets for 11/19 19:00 at Lexington Opera House, Lexington, KY
- Fri Nov 19 2021
John Prine was born to Verna Hamm and William Prine. By the age of fourteen, he was playing the guitar after being taught by his older brother David. He studied at the ProvisoEastHigh School where he was a gymnast. He then went on to work as a postman for several years, enlisting in the army and serving in the Vietnam War later on. He was then posted to Germany. After coming back from Germany, he moved to Chicago where he kicked off his career as a country music artist although he has already begun singing at open mic events in Maywood, Illinois back when he worked as a postman. The first review he received was in the Chicago Sun-Times by critic Roger Ebert who praised him as a great songwriter. He soon became one of the most influential figures in country music in Chicago, particularly spearheading the Chicago Folk Revival alongside artists such as Steve Goodman, Jim Post, Bonnie Koloc and Fred Holstein. He performed at venues such as Earl of Old Town, Somebody Else's Troubles, the Quiet Knight, The 5th Peg and the Bulls in Chicago with artists such as Bob Gibson and Jethro Burns.
John Prine released his first album in 1971, a selt-titled release which contained songs such as Sam Stone, Illegal Smile, Paradise and Angel from Montgomery. It included country and folk music tunes. It received rave reviews with him being labeled as ‘the next Bob Dylan’. Surprisingly, Bob Dylan himself appeared at one of John Prine’s New York City performances and backed him as a harmonica player, one of his most memorable moments to date. His next album was then released and titled as Diamonds In the Rough. It primarily featured bluegrass music and was influenced a lot by songs by Hank Williams and contains tracks such as Souvenirs, sung with Steve Goodman.
In 1973, John Prine released an album which was a smash hit and charted on the Billboard charts. It contained popular songs such as Grandpa Was A Carpenter, Dear Abbu and Christmas In Prison. One of the songs that he had co-written with Steve Goodman was sung by David Allan Coe and it topped the country music charts. In 1978, he released the album Bruised Orange which was produced by Steve Goodman and contain hit songs such as The Hobo Song. In 1979, he released the album Pink Cadillac which had two of its songs produced by Sam Phillips, a legendary name in the world of music best know as the founder of Sun Records. These included Saigon and How Lucky. In the eighties, he continued releasing more and more popular albums as well as founding his own record label, Oh Boy Records. By this time, he had become so popular that he was covered by many other artists, bands and groups including the likes of The Highwaymen.
In 1991, John Prine released the album The Missing Years which went on to win a Grammy Award, one of many awards that he won in his career. He also won the BBC Lifetime Achievement Award and has been inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. He has been praised as an influence by the likes of Johnny Cash and Roger Waters, who ranked him as equal to John Lennon and Neil Young. As such, for a unique blend of country, folk and bluegrass music, all you need are John Prine tickets and that’s pretty much it!
John Prine Profession
- Diamonds in the Rough
- For Better or Worse
- John Prine Live
- Fair & Square
- Sweet Revenge
John Prine Movies
Daddy and Them, Falling from Grace, More
John Prine Songs
- Angel From Montgomery
- In Spite of Ourselves
- Hello in There
- Sam Stone
- Illegal Smile
- Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore
- Speed of the Sound of Loneliness
- Bruised Orange
- Spanish Pipedream
- Please Don't Bury Me
- That's the Way That the World Goes 'Round
- Donald and Lydia
- Dear Abby
- The Great Compromise
- Far From Me
- Christmas in Prison
- Fish and Whistle
- Grandpa Was a Carpenter
- Lake Marie
- Some Humans Ain’t Human
- It’s a Big Old Goofy World
- Mexican Home
- Crazy as a Loon
- Come Back to Us Barbara Lewis Hare Krishna Beauregard
- Saddle in the Rain
- Unwed Fathers
- Sabu Visits the Twin Cities Alone
- Ain't Hurtin' Nobody
- The Late John Garfield Blues
- Jesus the Missing Years
- Blue Umbrella
- Let's Talk Dirty in Hawaiian
JOHN PRINE NEWS AND UPDATES
John Prine announces North American tour
John Prine makes a comeback after 13 years with The Tree of Forgiveness
After 13 years of staying away from the limelight, John Prine took his fans by surprise when he announced his fresh album, titled, The Tree of Forgiveness. It is set to hit the market on April 13 and will be released via his independent label Oh Boy. The last album by the singer was Fair & Square and it came out in 2005.Prine has shared the first song “Summer’s End” from his new LP. It includes appearances from Brandi Carlile and Jason Isbell. The upcoming album features 10 original Prine songs and after the album release, he intends to hit the road to promote it. Be there to hear them live when he comes to your town.
John Prine confirms 2018 tour dates
The legendary country singer, John Prine is returning to the concert stage in 2018. He will be beginning the trek in April by playing a very special concert at the Radio City Music Hall in New York. After that, he will go on to grace the stage at the some of the popular venues around including, the Riverside Theatre, the Virginia Theatre, the Clowes Hall and the Harris Center. John Prine plans to end the tour in June by playing his final gig at the Chrysler Hall in Norfolk.
John Prine Ticket Prices
The average price for John Prine Tickets start from $115. The minimum get in price is $38 for John Prine Tickets at the TD Pavilion at The Mann Center For The Performing Arts, Philadelphia. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|John Prine||New York||20-Jun-20||$239||$102|
|John Prine & Emmylou Harris||Vienna||26-Jun-20||$154||$43|
|John Prine & Emmylou Harris||Philadelphia||28-Jun-20||$115||$38|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.