50s 60s ERA Tickets
Latest Events in 50s 60s Era
- Fri Jun 25 2021Fri Jun 25 2021
- Buy Tony Bennett, Music Center At Strathmore Tickets for 06/25 07:30 PM Tony Bennett, Music Center At Strathmore tickets for 06/25 07:30 PM at Music Center At Strathmore, North Bethesda, MD
- Fri Jun 25 2021
- Sat Jun 26 2021Sat Jun 26 2021
- Buy 1964 The Tribute, State Theatre - Kalamazoo Tickets for 06/26 07:00 PM 1964 The Tribute, State Theatre - Kalamazoo tickets for 06/26 07:00 PM at State Theatre Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo, MI
- Sat Jun 26 2021
- Sun Jul 11 2021Sun Jul 11 2021
- Buy The Original Coasters, Charlie Thomas' Drifters & Sonny Turner, American Music Theatre Tickets for 07/11 03:00 PM The Original Coasters, Charlie Thomas' Drifters & Sonny Turner, American Music Theatre tickets for 07/11 03:00 PM at American Music Theatre, Lancaster, PA
- Sun Jul 11 2021
- Fri Jul 23 2021Fri Jul 23 2021
- Buy The Drifters, Cornell Gunter's Coasters & The Platters, Performing Arts Center at Georgia Southern University Tickets for 07/23 08:00 PM The Drifters, Cornell Gunter's Coasters & The Platters, Performing Arts Center at Georgia Southern University tickets for 07/23 08:00 PM at Performing Arts Center at Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA
- Fri Jul 23 2021
- Sat Aug 07 2021Sat Aug 07 2021
- Buy The Righteous Brothers, Pantages Theatre - Tacoma Tickets for 08/07 07:30 PM The Righteous Brothers, Pantages Theatre - Tacoma tickets for 08/07 07:30 PM at Pantages Theatre Tacoma, Tacoma, WA
- Sat Aug 07 2021
- Fri Aug 13 2021Fri Aug 13 2021
- Buy Shakey Graves, Rose Music Hall Tickets for 08/13 07:00 PM Shakey Graves, Rose Music Hall tickets for 08/13 07:00 PM at Rose Music Hall, Columbia, MO
- Fri Aug 13 2021
- Sun Oct 03 2021Sun Oct 03 2021
- Buy Stars Of The Sixties, Tarrytown Music Hall Tickets for 10/03 07:30 PM Stars Of The Sixties, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 10/03 07:30 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY
- Sun Oct 03 2021
- Fri Oct 08 2021Fri Oct 08 2021
- Buy The Sounds of the 60's Tour: The Drifters, The Platters & The Coasters, HEB Center at Cedar Park Tickets for 10/08 07:30 PM The Sounds of the 60's Tour: The Drifters, The Platters & The Coasters, HEB Center at Cedar Park tickets for 10/08 07:30 PM at HEB Center at Cedar Park, Cedar Park, TX
- Fri Oct 08 2021
- Sun Oct 10 2021Sun Oct 10 2021
- Buy The Platters, Coach House - Capistrano Tickets for 10/10 07:00 PM The Platters, Coach House - Capistrano tickets for 10/10 07:00 PM at Coach House Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Sun Oct 10 2021
Discounted 50s 60s ERA Tickets
The birth of Rock ‘n’ Roll and Doo wop is usually credited to the 1950’s and 1960’s when different artists of these genres rose to prominence. These were the times when sounds of country and rock music also captured the attention of music lovers. Music legends such as Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, Beatles, Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, Bob Dylan and many others ruled the music industry. With them, the stardom persona and commercial factor that is now so common in music industry got a kick-start. In all respects, the 1950’s and 1960’s were the path-breaking decades in the history of music that’s why the magic of this era continues even today.
Nowadays, we see a number of music acts and tribute bands related to 50’s 60’s Era. These bands play music dedicated to a specific artist or band from those times. Besides this, different events and festivals are also held that celebrate the spirit of 50’s 60’s music. In these shows, we can watch current generation of musicians performing the timeless melodies from that era. Some of these events also invite original bands and artists of those times who play their favorite songs for the audience.
Undoubtedly, the biggest breakthrough of 50’s 60’s Era is the Rock ‘n’ Roll. It started evolving in 1940’s as a combination of different musical threads and was eventually recognized as rock and roll in 1950’s. The sound of Doo-wop also became the flavor of this period and it enjoyed ample mainstream popularity. Today, we talk about rock n' roll legend Elvis Presley as if he is still with us. However, it was during this particular era when he created waves through his unforgettable voice, music and star persona.
Several country and folk music artists also became popular during the 50s and 60s. Bob Dylan, The Weavers and Joan Baez revived Appalachian folk; while a few of the artists remained stick to the good old Bluegrass. The 50’s 60’s Era also witnessed the rise of some Mexican-American genres like Tejano. The Latin-American music industry also saw boom, and Gospel music continued its charm just like the previous decades. Also, these were the times of the rise of all-girl bands such as The Chantels, The Supremes, The Shirelles, and Martha and the Vandellas.
When the 50s led to 60s, a number of British Bands took over American Music Industry. The outgrowth of girl bands suddenly stopped in this decade while many other American musicians lost mainstream popularity. Those years are now remembered as the years of British Invasion. They are specifically marked by the frenzy and craze that boy-band Beatles created among youngsters. Not to forget the fame that Rolling Stones enjoyed during those times.
The music of 50’s 60’s Era is also incomplete without an honorable mention to Nashville sound, now known as American country music. Bob Dylan and Merle Haggard were the headliners of this sound. On the other hand, soul music was kept alive by Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin while James Brown introduced another variation in soul, called funk-soul. Towards the end of 1960’s, some rock and mettle music acts also emerged on the scene but they mostly remained underground.
The 50’s 60’s Era was truly a cherished era where music lovers enjoyed both excellence and experimentation in various genres. We can still enjoy the essence of those times and can travel down the memory lane by attending concerts and festivals dedicated to golden years of music. View our deals on 50s 60s Era Tickets and reserve your seat for the event of your choice!