GI Bill

GI bill. In case of the Post-9/11 GI Bill, students get financial support for education as well as housing with a minimum of 90 days of service till or after September 11, 2001.The programs approved under this bill includes graduate and undergraduate degrees. Also, this GI bill includes entrepreneurship training, vocational/technical training, flight training, tutorial assistance, correspondence training as well as licensing and national testing programs. Students can get their full tuition and fee in this program. It is paid directly to the school for students who are in public school in-state. The ones who are in private or foreign schools, $17,500 per academic year is offered to them. The Montgomery GI Bill is available for the ones who are enlisted in the U.S. Armed Forces. It includes the Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty as well as The Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve.

GI Bill Calculator
GI Bill calculator allows students to have an idea of the worth of their benefits. It also helps individuals to compare the Montgomery GI Bill against the Post 9/11 GI Bill based on their particular profile and needs. With the help of GI Bill calculator, students can estimate their tuition and fee payment rates, the monthly and annual value of their benefits as well as annual book stipend and monthly housing stipend. The results of this calculator are based on the current duty status, the location of the school, the number of months served on duty since 9/11 as well as the number of classes students intend to enroll in. Also, it considers if one plans to attend school in the classroom or online in addition to considering the number of semesters students intend to attend yearly.
GI Bill Rates
GI Bill rates in case of the Montgomery GI Bill are a set amount on monthly basis, which is adjusted annually considering the increased cost of living. The Post 9/11 GI Bill pays the in state student rate for tuition as well as fee for the students who attend public school.

Frequently Asked Question(s)

Q:Where do I lodge my GI Bill application? Do I submit it with the FAFSA?

A:All application for academic grants under the GI Bill, should be made through the US Department of Veterans' Affairs. The application is normally undertaken online ( You should then inform your college that you have applied for such financial assistance. The college will then get in touch with appropriate department

Ask your Question

* All Fields are Required