Home Security Systems San Diego

San Diego, the second largest city in the state of California, is home to some major tourist attractions. Known for its beaches and mild year-round climate; San Diego has a lot to offer. Hence, it provides its residents with a pleasant place to call home. However, it is also located in the state with some of the highest crime rates in the country; posing serious security risks to its residents.

Let’s have a look at some statistics as presented by the FBI and Neighborhood Scout:

  • A total of 37,884 crimes were reported in 2012; 85.3% of these were property crimes and the remaining 14.7%, violent crimes.

  • There were 24.15 annual property crimes for every 1000 residents.

  • Your chances of becoming a property crime victim in San Diego are 1 in 41.

  • The average value of stolen goods in the San Diego region on any given day in 2013 was $482,000.

The good news is that you can protect yourself and your loved ones from becoming victims of any of the mentioned crimes. Investing in a good home security system which is properly installed is the way to go about it.

How the Burglars Get In?

Burglars and intruders have been following certain trends over the years; these trends give us helpful information about the ways in which we should protect our homes. The most common ways for a burglar to gain entry in to your house are: (National Safety Council)

  • Front door- 34%

  • First floor windows- 23%

  • Back door- 22%

  • Garage- 9%

  • Other first floor entrances- 6%

  • Basement- 4%

  • Second floor entrances- 2%

These statistics show that it is extremely important to secure all possible entry points. You can do that by using some of the following equipments.

  • Motion detectors- these can be placed close to entry points.

  • Glass-break sensors- these can be placed near windows and doors.

  • Window and door alarms- these activate alarms if a window or door is opened when the security system is turned on.

The choice you have with regards to protecting entry points in your house is not limited to the ones listed above. It is up to you to make the right selection depending on your specific security needs.

Home Alarm Systems San Diego

San Diego, one of America’s finest cities, stands by its motto of “Ever Vigilant”. Living here means being a vigilant homeowner, since your chances of being a victim to property crime is 1 in 41. To keep your home and family safe from intruders, it is recommended you get a home security system. A home security system will typically include a control panel, sensors, and an alarm. The basic function of any security system is to keep a look out for intrusion and break-ins, and alert relevant authorities. You can opt for a wireless system or a wired system, depending upon your preference. Nothing is more important that the safety of your home and your loved ones.

Home Security companies San Diego

San Diego is home to many renowned home security companies that provide security systems and monitoring services for homes and businesses. The property crime rate has increased demand for security products. If you are planning to install a home security system, finding the right system will require research and time. To make your search easier, make sure you pick a reliable company that is:

  • Licensed by relevant authorities

  • Hires licensed or certified employees

  • Offers reasonable prices and products

  • Uses latest technology

  • Is rated by the Better Business Bureau

Also make sure you check for monitoring services and warranties on products. A good home security system will offer protection and will help keep out intruders.


Population Violent Crime Robbery Aggravated Assault
BurglaryLarceny TheftMurderProperty Crime
*Source: fbi.gov


Q:How quick can you install my alarm & security system in San Diego?

A:A. This depends on the size of your house and the system you choose. A basic system requires the installation of a control panel in one location, and corresponding sensors for windows and doors. If you choose a wired sensor, it might take up to an hour. If you choose a comprehensive system, with fire alarms, freeze alarms, CCTV cameras etc, the installation will require more time. On average, spare at least four hours for the installation and testing of the system.

Q:I recently sold my home. How do I cancel my home Security service in San Diego?

A:The first thing you need to do is read your contract to check the requirements for termination. Most alarm companies will allow you to terminate your contract earlier than its due time, but you will be required to pay the balance. You might also be required to send in a written termination at least 30 days prior. This should include your account number, your address and the expected date of termination.

Order by phone: (855) 839-6777