Home Security Systems Indianapolis

Indianapolis, popularly known as Indy, is the capital of Indiana and also happens to be the most populous city of the state. Indy is known for its bustling downtown, lively city life and warm people; thus providing for an ideal place to live in. On the flipside, Indianapolis also has an alarmingly high crime rate. This problem could be addressed if you take the right steps to adequately secure your home.

Crime in Indianapolis

Here are a few numbers, as presented by Neighborhood Scout for the year 2012.

  • Your chances of becoming a victim of property crime are 1 in 18.

  • The city ranks number 3 on the crime index, which means that it is safer than only 3 percent of the cities in the country.

  • A total of 57,434 crimes were reported in 2012; about 88.7% of these crimes were property crimes and the remaining 11.3% were violent crimes.

  • An average of 155 annual crimes has been reported per square mile.

Concerned that you may be the next victim? You don’t have to be. Invest in a quality security and surveillance system to protect your house, loved ones and precious possessions.

CCTV Cameras

Adding surveillance equipment to your security system can improve the level of your security a notch. CCTV cameras are the most popular surveillance cameras; available in a wide variety of models ranging from wired to wireless, black and white to colored cameras, and analogue to digital cameras, you are sure to find one that perfectly suits your security requirements.

The CCTV surveillance system consists of a number of directly connected components creating a complete circuit. Following are the major components of a CCTV surveillance system.

  • Camera- this is used to capture images or videos of the area under surveillance so that they can be further transmitted along the circuit. In some CCTV cameras, the lens needs to be bought and installed separately. You can choose from HD digital video cameras to black and white analogue cameras depending upon your needs.

  • Monitor- receives information transmitted by the cameras and converts them into footage that can be viewed on the monitoring screen. The quality of the footage depends on the kind of lens used.

  • VCR or DVR- these devices are used to store surveillance footage transmitted from the camera.

In case of wired systems, coaxial cables are used for the transmission of data across the system, whereas in case of wireless systems the data is transmitted over radio frequency.

Security Companies in Indianapolis

Security companies operating in Indianapolis cater to a wide range of clients. This includes commercial, residential, educational facilities and industrial sites. Some of the companies specialize in providing customized security solutions to their clients designed specifically for their security needs. While other companies provide standard security system equipment including both complete systems as well as individual components.


Population Violent Crime Robbery Aggravated Assault
BurglaryLarceny TheftMurderProperty Crime
*Source: fbi.gov
Order by phone: (855) 839-6777