Wellmont Theatre Tickets
Wellmont Theatre is a music and theater venue located at Bloomfield Avenue and Seymour Street, in downtown Montclair of New Jersey. It is one of the most popular theatres in New Jersey that is known to host concerts by some of the greatest musicians and standup comedies.
- Tom Jones, Wellmont Theatre tickets for 09/28 08:00 PM at Wellmont Theatre ,Montclair ,NJ
- Wed Sep 28 2016
- Schoolboy Q & Joey Bada$$, Wellmont Theatre tickets for 09/10 08:00 PM at Wellmont Theatre ,Montclair ,NJ
- Sat Sep 10 2016
- Brian Setzer Orchestra Wellmont Theatre
- Cheech & Chong Wellmont Theatre
- En Vogue Wellmont Theatre
- Johnny Rivers Wellmont Theatre
- Kenny G Wellmont Theatre
- Lisa Lampanelli Wellmont Theatre
- Rick Wakeman Wellmont Theatre
- Schoolboy Q Wellmont Theatre
- Jay Leno Wellmont Theatre
- William Shatner Wellmont Theatre
- Chris Botti Wellmont Theatre
- Dark Star Orchestra Wellmont Theatre
- TLC Wellmont Theatre
- Joey Bada$$ Wellmont Theatre
- Violent Femmes Wellmont Theatre
- Frank Caliendo Wellmont Theatre
- 1964 The Tribute Wellmont Theatre
- Eric Burdon And The Animals Wellmont Theatre
- Joan Baez Wellmont Theatre
- Trevor Rabin Wellmont Theatre
- Jon Anderson Wellmont Theatre
- Tom Jones Wellmont Theatre
- Rodney Carrington Wellmont Theatre
- Evanescence Wellmont Theatre
Among the many artists that have performed there are Stephen Lynch, George Lopez, Jim Gaffigan, Matchbox Twenty, Lindsay Stirling, Demetri Martin, Deftones, Bad Religion, Drive-By Truckers Old 97s, Opeth, The Destroyers and George Thorogood, The Fab Faux, The Asbury and Southside Johnny, among many more. Only recently the facility hosted the yearly The Special Connection: It’s Comedy For a Cause event featuring the famous comedy stars, Judy Gold and Susie Green. The theatre is counted among the five best entertainment spots in Montclair while its location has been praised for being surrounded by several cafes and diners. The area is said to have over a hundred restaurants, which makes the concert-goers trip only more rewarding. Wellmont Theatre tickets have now become a sought-after treat among various age groups and performing art fans in the city.
Wellmont Theatre was initially built almost a century back in 1922, when it was looked at as the new legitimate theatre only to soon to transformed into a motion picture theatre by 1929. Its main and original entrance of the main avenue was made on Bloomfield Avenue. In 1951, the theatre was recorded to have a seating capacity of more than two thousand and one hundred. To make things better, its capacity had gone up three times by the seventies, while its mina entrance was moved all the way over the corner of the lobby’s previous emergency exit. This original lobby was then converted into a diner that has served many passersby, travelers, tourists and theatre-goers. The buildings largest auditorium is of course the Balcony Theatre. In addition, the facility has two smaller auditoriums with small screens that were created in the seating area of the former orchestra space.
Wellmont Theatre had to be closed down in 2006. It was reopened in a matter of two years after reportedly being purchased by another party and rumors came about that the new owners were planning on a different setting that would allow concerts along with other events. As part of the renovation plan, in 2008, the facility once again became a single screen after its two other screen were removed. The theatre was opened to general public in November 2008 after the completion of a three million dollar renovation plan, as a purely concert-based venue. The structure was retrofitted with entirely new plumbing and electrical systems while new bars had to be installed in the mezzanine and orchestra. The place has since been home to sold-out concerts by internationally renowned rock act like Matchbox Twenty, Phish, Bad Religion, The Dunwells, Gojra, Ocean Carolina, Trey Anastasio, Dwight Yoakam, and many more. Wellmont Theatre tickets are not to be missed; just hurry on and grab yours before your favorite shows are all sold out.