Sarofim Hall Hobby Center Tickets
Standing tall as Houston's answer to the legendary theater circuits of Manhattan's Broadway & London's West End is a structure that is an ode to the city's seamless transition into modernization. The Hobby Center, lying at 800 Bagby Street, Ste. 300, Houston, is highly accessible via the I-10, I-45 & I-59. Opened amid much fanfare in 2002, the exterior is an imposing amalgam of glass, steel & stone, & one only has to step into the Grand Lobby to begin a tour of staggering earthly delights. The Hobby Center's crown jewels, its two beautiful halls Sarofim & Zilkha, lend further credence to its architectural & aesthetic superiority. Add to that a commendable partiality for staging & promoting Houston based acts, & one can easily understand the demand for Sarofim Hall Hobby Center tickets.
- The Lion King, Sarofim Hall Hobby Center tickets for 06/27 07:30 PM at Sarofim Hall Hobby Center ,Houston ,TX
- Tue Jun 27 2017
- The Book Of Mormon, Sarofim Hall Hobby Center tickets for 01/03 07:30 PM at Sarofim Hall Hobby Center ,Houston ,TX
- Tue Jan 03 2017
- Into The Woods Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- The Book Of Mormon Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- Lion King Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- The Bodyguard Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- An American In Paris Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- Finding Neverland Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- Something Rotten Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- The King And I Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- Fun Home Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- Dream Girls Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- YG Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
- Red Bull Flying Bach Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center
Houston is the major economic player in southern US, having grown to become the country's fourth-largest city. USA's busiest port industry, the booming entertainment & tourism sector, Texas Medical Center & the headquarters of NASA have contributed to the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown population going past 5.9 million. Although the history of the Sam Houston Coliseum was remarkable, the city needed a makeover. Five-time lieutenant governor William P. Hobby Jr. was instrumental in donating to make the construction possible. General contractor Lyda Swinerton built the Hobby Center, with architects Robert Stern & Morris Architects. The Sarofim Hall employed the services of theater consultants Fisher Dachs to ensure brilliant acoustics that went with Stern's visionary ideas to incorporate elegant elements of Europe's finest theaters.
Twentieth century architectural entrepreneurs Herts & Tallant appealed greatly to Stern as he designed Sarofim Hall. The Hobby Center's exterior has 60-ft high glass walls affording a breathtaking view of the Houston skyline, with a glazed curtain wall & standing seam metal roof being other spectacles. Everything about the Sarofim Hall oozes of richness & grandeur, from the Ruth B. Bauer Stage with its pit fit for a 60-man orchestra to its sensational upper gallery, mezzanine & orchestra seating. The 2,650 seats & walls are covered in a most delightful midnight blue, with slender gold leaf columns & wonderful latticework. The enchanting Joe & Lee Jamail Celestial Dome Ceiling employs over 2000 fiber-optic stars & the occasional shooting star to reinvent the balmy Texan night sky. Acoustics, governing the choice of seat fabric & wall coverings, are commendable. The farthest viewing point is 128 ft, so Sarofim Hall ticks all the boxes in this respect.
Sarofim Hall Hobby Center tickets are a bargain when one brings into perspective the quality of performances. Touring Broadway productions have performed to packed crowds, & Sarofim Hall is home to two resident Broadway theater series, including Gexa Energy Series & Theater under the Stars.
Hobby Center is an architectural marvel. Where many cities are reluctant to let go off the past's rich tradition, Houston has wholeheartedly incorporated it into a futuristic setting that yields stunning results, as experienced by enthusiasts with Sarofim Hall Hobby Center tickets.