Rentschler Field Tickets
The Rentschler Field is among the most famous stadiums in the country today. Used primarily for football it has acted as a venue for performances by some of the most famous names from the world of entertainment. Football will once again be the main attraction of the current season and you can be a part of the excitement live by booking your Rentschler Field tickets.
- Buy UConn Huskies vs. South Florida Bulls, Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field Tickets for Sat Sep 09 2017 Sat Sep 09 2017UConn Huskies vs. South Florida Bulls, Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field tickets for 09/09 12:00 PM at Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field ,East Hartford ,CT
- Sat Sep 09 2017
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field
- East Carolina Pirates Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field
- Holy Cross Crusaders Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field
- Memphis Tigers Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field
- South Florida Bulls Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field
- Uconn Huskies Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field
- Missouri Tigers Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field
The site where the Rentschler Field stadium stands today has a history that goes back decades. It started operations for the first time way back in the year 1931 as Frederick Brant Rentschler. Rentschler was responsible for creating the aircraft division of the organization Pratt & Whitney. It also acted as an airfield that was also used by the United States during the Second World War. Once the war drew to a close the army left the base and handed it over for civilian use.
Test flights used to take place initially from the facility. Then later on it was handed over and turned into a site that acted as a corporate aviation base. The entire facility spanned over a seventy acre area. Once the company moved its operations from the site, it was decided that the field should be reconverted into a football stadium.
The plans for a new football stadium in Connecticut cropped up for the first time in the middle on 1990’s. The Patriots decided to re-locate to the area and share an arena with the football team of the University of Connecticut. The initial proposal centered on the the building of the venue at the site occupied by the Connecticut Convention Center. But then the New England Patriots changed plans and struck a deal to set up base at the Gillette Stadium in Massachusetts.
The Patriots move to Massachusetts called for a change in plans. The stadium was to be built but then East Rutherford was approved as the new site. Ellerbe Becket were handed architectural responsibilities. The groundbreaking ceremony was held on 21st October, 2003 and it took almost three years of extreme hard work to get the job done. After incurring an estimated cost of over ninety one million dollars the Rentschler Field stadium opened its doors for the public for the first time on 30th August, 2003.
The UConn Huskies played their first football game against Indiana. The home side celebrated the occasion by coming out on top against Indiana in a one sided encounter. It was a fitting start to the legacy of this fantastic stadium. Next month saw Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band perform in front of jubilant sixty thousand fans to kick start its legacy as one of the country’s turn to arena for entertainment venue.
The stadium has since then gone on to play host to the likes of The Rolling Stones, Taylor Swift and Eminem among many others. The UConn Huskies will once again be taking to the field on their home turf. This is your chance to book Rentschler Field tickets and savor the electric atmosphere that this smashing stadium has to offer.