MetLife Stadium Formerly New Meadowlands Stadium
Opened to the public in spring 2010, the MetLife Stadium is a sports venue located in the heart of the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The stadium stands out as the only building to be built, owned, operated and shared as a home arena by two major NFL franchises, the New York Giants and the New York Jets. This year, the MetLife Stadium is going to be the venue of the biggest football game of the year, Super Bowl XLVIII, which will take place on 2nd February between the top two teams from the AFC and NFC. Since it is one of the biggest events of the year, Super Bowl tickets and MetLife Stadium tickets are selling out really fast, so hurry up and purchase them now if you plan to attend America’s biggest sports spectacle.
- Paul McCartney, MetLife Stadium tickets for 08/07 08:00 PM at MetLife Stadium ,East Rutherford ,NJ
- Sun Aug 07 2016
- Coldplay, MetLife Stadium tickets for 07/16 08:00 PM at MetLife Stadium ,East Rutherford ,NJ
- Sat Jul 16 2016
- Preseason MetLife Stadium
- Real Madrid CF MetLife Stadium
- Monster Energy Ama Supercross MetLife Stadium
- Buffalo Bills MetLife Stadium
- Miami Dolphins MetLife Stadium
- New England Patriots MetLife Stadium
- New York Giants MetLife Stadium
- New York Jets MetLife Stadium
- Philadelphia Eagles MetLife Stadium
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish MetLife Stadium
- Syracuse Orange MetLife Stadium
- Copa America MetLife Stadium
- Ecuador MetLife Stadium
- International Champions Cup MetLife Stadium
- Bayern Munich MetLife Stadium
- Real Madrid MetLife Stadium
- Baltimore Ravens MetLife Stadium
- Chicago Bears MetLife Stadium
- Cincinnati Bengals MetLife Stadium
- Dallas Cowboys MetLife Stadium
- Detroit Lions MetLife Stadium
- Jacksonville Jaguars MetLife Stadium
- New Orleans Saints MetLife Stadium
- Seattle Seahawks MetLife Stadium
- Washington Redskins MetLife Stadium
- Indianapolis Colts MetLife Stadium
- Haiti MetLife Stadium
The MetLife Stadium was built adjacent to the site of the old Giants Stadium which had been the home of both the Giants and the Jets for more than twenty years. It was decided that both franchises would jointly work to build a new stadium and would once again share it as their home.
With a construction cost of around 1.6 billion dollars, the MetLife Stadium became the most expensive football stadium ever built in the NFL. Upon its completion, it became the largest NFL stadium in terms of seating capacity. The project was funded privately by both franchises and was completed on budget opening four months ahead of schedule.Since it is home to two teams, the stadium has the unique honor of hosting the most NFL games in a calendar year. It hosts twenty NFL games, (four pre-season and sixteen regular games) which is more than twice than what normal stadiums host.
The stadium was designed with a neutral backdrop which allows it to be transformed into the home venue for any home team. Even the exterior of the stadium is equipped to facilitate this process and the whole stadium is lit up in the colors of the home team, be it the Giants’ blue or the Jets’ green. Everything from banners, signs and all other team specific elements are switched depending on which team is playing.
The stadium has a seating capacity of 82,500, and is designed in such a manner so as to afford the best possible sightlines from each seat. Spectators are accommodated with increased seat width and leg space, allowing for a comfortable viewing experience. The stadium also boasts state of the art replay screens, which give spectators high definition, crystal clear replays of important plays.The stadium is also home to four luxury clubs, which provide fans with one of the best possible stadium experiences in the world. Designed by the famous Rockwell group, the four clubs offer ten thousand seats with premium amenities, unparalleled views and spectacular sounds.
Apart from football games, the stadium is also a major concert and entertainment event venue. It has hosted numerous concerts by major international artists, like Bon Jovi and the Eagles and is also a popular venue for motor sports events and various other family shows. The stadium has also staged numerous international soccer matches and was the venue of WWE’s flagship event, WrestleMania 29 in 2013.
Since its opening in 2010, the stadium has topped numerous annual charts of best stadiums in the world. It is one of the highest grossing stadiums around and as a sports venue offers fans an almost unique experience. The biggest event in the stadium’s history, Super Bowl XLVIII is shaping up to be one of the biggest sporting spectacles in recent history, so buy MetLife Stadium tickets to enjoy the Super Bowl live, and all the other entertaining events that the stadium hosts.