Hill Auditorium Tickets
Hill Auditorium tickets bring to you a chance to watch entertaining events at this spectacular venue. The place has a grand feel to it and yet at the same time it provides intimate atmosphere with remarkable acoustics to enjoy a time of great music. Hill Auditorium is a huge performance venue that sits proudly on the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor, USA. For decades that makes almost a century now, the venue has seen many popular events take place at the auditorium. Many big names, speakers, popular singers and famous orchestras have graced its stage, among them some of the big names include Leonard Bernstein, Cecilia Bartoli, Bruce Springsteen, The Wallflowers, Paula Cole, Melissa Ethridge, Indigo Girls, Tori Amos, Chris Rock, Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffett.
- Andras Schiff Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- Leif Ove Andsnes Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- Mariachi Vargas De Tecalitlan Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- Philharmonic Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- Gil Shaham Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- Symphony Orchestra Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- The Chieftains Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- Youssou Ndour Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- Wynton Marsalis Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- New York Philharmonic Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- Wilco Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
- The Avett Brothers Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor
The history of the hall goes back to a century. It was in 1909 that the idea for a big hall for musical activities, lectures and other events for the university was pursued and funds were collected in this regard. Arthur Hill who served as a regent of the university in the early 90s contributed a handsome amount for the construction of the hall hence the hall was named after him.
Hill Auditorium opened its doors to people in 1913 at the 20th Ann Arbor May Festival. At the time it opened it was a 4,100 seat facility. While the exterior of the building is simple in dull reds and browns the interior is grand. The high decorative ceilings, with the intricately designed interior with small decorative details add to the grandeur of the hall. The hall is specially noted for its acoustic brilliance which makes it a favorite place for many performers. All the seats provide a great view and such clear acoustics that a pin dropped on a stage is also heard from every corner.
Over the time, Hill Auditorium has seen renovations and improvements to keep its reputation as one of the most entertaining venue intact. For the purpose a heavy amount of $38.6-million dollar has been spent and all efforts have been made to make it a venue that is not only beautiful but is practical as well. In May 2002, Hill Auditorium was closed for some major improvements that included changes in the interior and exterior of the building. The company who assumed the responsibility for the changes was the same one that built it a century back. When it opened again in 2004 it had state of the art facilities, better landscaping, additional rooms and better seating spaces that could seat 3,538 people.
Maintaining its legacy for hosting popular events, Hill Auditorium continues to attract popular concerts, orchestra performances, and famous speakers to its hall. The venue and its exceptional acoustics is one of the reasons that people love to come here to enjoy a performance. Experience a live performance and discover the reason for its popularity with Hill Auditorium tickets .