Citizens Bank Park Tickets
Located in the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Citizen Bank Park is home to major league baseball’s very own Philadelphia Phillies. The ball park opened its doors for the fans back on April 3, 2004 as an auxiliary of South Philadelphia Sports Complex. Since its opening, Citizens Bank Park has been home ground for Philadelphia Phillies. The first regular season game that was played in the ballpark was a matchup between Philadelphia Phillies and the Cincinnati Reds on April 12, 2004. The outcome of the match wasn’t in Phillies’ favor as Reds claimed the victory with the finishing score of 4-1. Apart from the Citizens Bank Park, the South Philadelphia Sports Complex also houses Wells Fargo Center and Lincoln Financial Field.
- Paul McCartney, Citizens Bank Park tickets for 07/12 08:00 PM at Citizens Bank Park ,Philadelphia ,PA
- Tue Jul 12 2016
- Billy Joel, Citizens Bank Park tickets for 07/09 08:00 PM at Citizens Bank Park ,Philadelphia ,PA
- Sat Jul 09 2016
- Washington Nationals Citizens Bank Park
- Toronto Blue Jays Citizens Bank Park
- St. Louis Cardinals Citizens Bank Park
- Colorado Rockies Citizens Bank Park
- Chicago Cubs Citizens Bank Park
- Chicago White Sox Citizens Bank Park
- New York Mets Citizens Bank Park
- Atlanta Braves Citizens Bank Park
- Arizona Diamondbacks Citizens Bank Park
- Pittsburgh Pirates Citizens Bank Park
- Philadelphia Phillies Citizens Bank Park
- San Francisco Giants Citizens Bank Park
- Kansas City Royals Citizens Bank Park
- Los Angeles Dodgers Citizens Bank Park
- Milwaukee Brewers Citizens Bank Park
- Miami Marlins Citizens Bank Park
The idea for the creation of a new ball park sparked when the Veterans Stadium became to obsolete to be holding the major league games. Back in the day, Phillies shared the Veterans Stadium along with the National Football League’s Philadelphia Eagles. At that time Pittsburgh Steelers and Pittsburgh Pirates played their home games at the Three Rivers Stadium, which was also becoming unsuitable for major league matchups. Hence, all of these teams made requests for new stadiums to the state. The movement for the creation of a new stadium for Phillies took a greater turn towards success when a railing fell apart in the Veterans Stadium during a game between Army and Navy. Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates got their new stadiums in 2001, namely being Heinz Field and PNC Park respectively. Philadelphia Eagles on the other hand celebrated the opening of their new stadium in 2003 when the Lincoln Financial Field opened its doors for the fans. When it came down to choosing a location for the Phillies new home ground, a number of choices were made by the team and the city as well. However when it was all set and done, South Philadelphia Sports Complex was chosen by both the team and the city. In years that followed, both the ownership and the fans of the team despised the decision for choosing that location, but the Phillies still managed to break attendance record in 2010 and also had a streak of 123 sellout games at the Citizen Bank Park. Even though the ball park isn’t located in the center of the city, still Citizen Bank Park tickets sellout pretty fast before a Phillies games or any other major event.
Over the years, Citizens Bank Park has hosted a number of memorable events, among which is the 2008 World Series Games that was played on October 25, 2008. In the finals, Phillies went up against Tampa Bay Rays. Before the game, the stadium hosted a live concert by country music sensation Tim McGraw. And as the Phillies went up against Rays in the finals, Phillies managed to claim their second World Series title in front of 45, 940 attendees.
Apart from that, the ballpark has also hosted an array of various other events as well. So if you’re looking to catch an upcoming Phillies game or any other event, our cheap Citizens Bank Park tickets are your way to go.