Brown Theater at Wortham Center Tickets
- Don Quixote Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Gotterdammerung Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Jubilee Of Dance Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- La Bayadere Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Houston Ballet Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Houston Ballet The Nutcracker Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Houston Ballet Cinderella Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Houston Grand Opera Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- The Abduction From The Seraglio Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Prodigy Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Tempest Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Swan Lake Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- The Nutcracker Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Rock Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Roll Brown Theater at Wortham Center
- Cinderella Brown Theater at Wortham Center
The Brown Theatre at Wortham Centre is referred to as the "big house" at Wortham. It consists of two thousand four hundred and twenty three seats. The seating arrangement has been managed very tactfully and no seat is more than a 138 feet away from the stage. Thus it allows a comfortable view to all the members in the audience. The theatre has a grand 17,000 square foot stage which is utilized for major performances by the Houston Grand Opera and the Houston Ballet. The Houston Ballet is very famous and stands at number 5 amongst the largest ballet companies in the whole of United States. The Brown theatre at Wortham Centre is named after its donors Alice and George Brown.
The entrance of the building is a glass made archway about 88 feet tall which is aesthetically pleasing. The original concept was to be a glass atrium. However, later the idea was withdrawn considering the hot weather of Houston as well as the risk of hurricanes. The staircase is huge and the ceilings are high. The acoustics are well in place. One of the unique acoustical features at the Brown theatre are the "frying pods." The construction of these pods allows the music to flow and reach those parts of the theatre which were conventionally considered to have poor acoustics.
The Wortham Center has been entirely funded by the private sector. $66 million was contributed by more than 3,500 donors during the period of recession in the 1980s. The building is the legacy of the founder of American General Insurance Company whose organization contributed $20 million to the investment campaign.
The Wortham centre has entertained more than five million people over the years. It has served not only as a performing arts venue but also as a community centre with various social gatherings, major corporate events and even weddings making use of the majestic building to add glitz and glamour to the event at hand. The architecture of Wortham centre has been designed by Eugene Aubry of Morris Aubry Architects.
Once again the venue presents another major production for which the Brown theatre at Wortham center tickets are already selling out.. If you are looking to enjoy an evening out in the most spectacular way at one of the most luxurious and grand venues that Texas offers, then it is time for you to get your Brown theatre at Wortham centre tickets and let yourselves be part of this magnificent regal experience. The aesthetics, acoustics and above all the interesting architecture are bound to leave you mesmerized.