Bojang es Coliseum Formerly Cricket Arena Tickets
Dotting the Charlotte skyline like a giant parked UFO, the Bojangles Coliseum is the veritable mother ship of all things concert, sports and skating. The domed arena has been serving the denizens of Charlotte, North Carolina for more than half a century and though having undergone various name changes and transformations, does not show any signs of being blasted into oblivion anytime soon. Who’s who of the international musical milieu have performed at the Bojangles coliseum over the decades; from Stevie Wonder and Bruce Springsteen to Queen and to The King himself. Claim some Bojangles Coliseum formerly Cricket Arena tickets to behold an entertainment machine that keeps on giving.
- Buy 2019 NBA All Star Celebrity Game, Bojangles Coliseum Tickets for Fri Feb 15 2019 Fri Feb 15 20192019 NBA All Star Celebrity Game, Bojangles Coliseum tickets for 02/15 07:00 PM at Bojangles Coliseum ,Charlotte ,NC
- Fri Feb 15 2019
- Buy 2019 NBA All Star Practice & Media Day, Bojangles Coliseum Tickets for Sat Feb 16 2019 Sat Feb 16 20192019 NBA All Star Practice & Media Day, Bojangles Coliseum tickets for 02/16 09:30 AM at Bojangles Coliseum ,Charlotte ,NC
- Sat Feb 16 2019
- Buy Sesame Street Live!, Bojangles Coliseum Tickets for Wed Mar 13 2019 Wed Mar 13 2019Sesame Street Live!, Bojangles Coliseum tickets for 03/13 06:00 PM at Bojangles Coliseum ,Charlotte ,NC
- Wed Mar 13 2019
- Buy TobyMac, Bojangles Coliseum Tickets for Fri Apr 05 2019 Fri Apr 05 2019TobyMac, Bojangles Coliseum tickets for 04/05 07:00 PM at Bojangles Coliseum ,Charlotte ,NC
- Fri Apr 05 2019
- Syracuse Crunch Bojangles Coliseum
- Toronto Marlies Bojangles Coliseum
- Hartford Wolf Pack Bojangles Coliseum
- Charlotte Checkers Bojangles Coliseum
- Nba All Star Game Bojangles Coliseum
- Providence Bruins Bojangles Coliseum
- Rochester Americans Bojangles Coliseum
- Cleveland Monsters Bojangles Coliseum
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms Bojangles Coliseum
- Binghamton Devils Bojangles Coliseum
- Springfield Thunderbirds Bojangles Coliseum
The Bojangles Coliseum was quite the engineering marvel upon its construction back in 1955 at a price tag of $ 4 million and was the largest dome in the world with an unsupported steel roof. Christened as Charlotte Coliseum, it was designed by the local architectural firm A.G. Odell and Associates. With the ravages of nature taking their toll on the revolutionary structure, a round of renovations was undertaken in 1988 to both repair and upgrade the facilities. Reopening as the Independence Arena in full patriotic fervor, the coliseum underwent expansion in 1992 and was renamed in 2001 as the Cricket Arena.
However, this did not imply that this very American sporting arena had suddenly started hosting the British game of cricket that is all the rage in South Africa, South Asia and Australia as well as the West Indies. It was due to the purchase of naming rights by the wireless service provider Cricket Communications that the coliseum was called so till 2008 when it acquired its current moniker as that of Bojangles Coliseum.
The Bojangles Coliseum formerly cricket arena has seating for 9,605 fans and its multipurpose arrangement allows it to stage a whole range of sporting, musical and scintillating entertainment. One of the first teams that the dome hosted was the basketball playing Carolina Cougars of the ABA who made their home there from 1969 to 1974. From the mid 1970s to the mid 2000s, the Bojangles Coliseum was the home turf for the likes of Charlotte 49ers, the Charlotte Cobras, the Charlotte Checkers and Charlotte Crunk. It is currently hosting the indoor football playing Charlotte Speed and the indoor lacrosse playing Charlotte Copperheads. The venue also rocked to the blows landed during a UFC Fight Night event held in 2010.
The staple offering of the Bojangles Coliseum are the concerts, with the first one being delivered by Bo Diddley back in 1956, followed up soon afterwards by some of history’s greatest performers such as Little Richard, Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix. The rock and metal musical brigade having charged the venue include Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Judas Brigade, Metallica, Marilyn Manson, Green Day and Korn. It is the only portal to classy cosmopolitan entertainment in the region so book some Bojangles Coliseum formerly Cricket Arena tickets to enter into a universe of stellar brilliance.
Bojangles Coliseum Formerly Cricket Arena Weather Forecast, Charlotte, NC
Wondering if your concert on Saturday might be rained out? Get the most recent weather forecast for your event venue from here!