The Passenger Tickets
Mieczyslaw Weinberg’s highly celebrated opera, The Passenger is to be performed to capture theater fans. The opera is based on the Polish radio play called ‘Passenger from Cabin Number 45’. The show is a powerful expression of two contradictory forces in history facing each other. It is a tale of justice by Zofia Posmysz who was a survivor of the Auschwitz concentration camp. The play is highly appreciated for its presentation on two different operatic levels and the interplay between them. To be a part of the enchanting theatrical experience, get The Passenger tickets now
The Passenger Tickets
- Buy Passenger, Cannery Ballroom Tickets for Sat Oct 13 2018 Sat Oct 13 2018Passenger, Cannery Ballroom, tickets for 10/13 20:00 at Cannery Ballroom, Nashville, TN
- Sat Oct 13 2018
- Buy Passenger, Buckhead Theatre Tickets for Sun Oct 14 2018 Sun Oct 14 2018Passenger, Buckhead Theatre, tickets for 10/14 19:00 at Buckhead Theatre, Atlanta, GA
- Sun Oct 14 2018
- Buy Passenger, Brooklyn Steel Tickets for Thu Oct 18 2018 Thu Oct 18 2018Passenger, Brooklyn Steel, tickets for 10/18 20:00 at Brooklyn Steel, Brooklyn, NY
- Thu Oct 18 2018
- Buy Passenger, Paradise Rock Club Tickets for Fri Oct 19 2018 Fri Oct 19 2018Passenger, Paradise Rock Club, tickets for 10/19 20:00 at Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA
- Fri Oct 19 2018
- Buy Passenger, Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre Tickets for Sun Oct 21 2018 Sun Oct 21 2018Passenger, Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre, tickets for 10/21 20:00 at Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre, Montreal, QC
- Sun Oct 21 2018
- Buy Passenger, Phoenix Concert Theatre Tickets for Tue Oct 23 2018 Tue Oct 23 2018Passenger, Phoenix Concert Theatre, tickets for 10/23 20:00 at Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON
- Tue Oct 23 2018
- Buy Passenger, First Avenue Tickets for Thu Oct 25 2018 Thu Oct 25 2018Passenger, First Avenue, tickets for 10/25 19:00 at First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
- Thu Oct 25 2018
- Buy Passenger, Gothic Theatre Tickets for Sat Oct 27 2018 Sat Oct 27 2018Passenger, Gothic Theatre, tickets for 10/27 21:00 at Gothic Theatre, Englewood, CO
- Sat Oct 27 2018
- Buy Passenger, Vogue Theatre - BC Tickets for Tue Oct 30 2018 Tue Oct 30 2018Passenger, Vogue Theatre - BC, tickets for 10/30 20:00 at Vogue Theatre - BC, Vancouver, BC
- Tue Oct 30 2018
- Buy Passenger, The Showbox Tickets for Wed Oct 31 2018 Wed Oct 31 2018Passenger, The Showbox, tickets for 10/31 21:00 at The Showbox, Seattle, WA
- Wed Oct 31 2018
- Buy Passenger, Mcmenamins Crystal Ballroom Tickets for Fri Nov 2 2018 Fri Nov 2 2018Passenger, Mcmenamins Crystal Ballroom, tickets for 11/02 20:30 at Mcmenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR
- Fri Nov 2 2018
- Buy Passenger, The Fillmore - San Francisco Tickets for Sun Nov 4 2018 Sun Nov 4 2018Passenger, The Fillmore - San Francisco, tickets for 11/04 20:00 at The Fillmore - San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Sun Nov 4 2018
The opera is a remarkable rendition of Posmysz’s novel and is studded with beautiful music and impressive sets. The two levels of opera used for performance will leave you spellbound as you witness the most outstanding actors recreate the cruelties that followed the Second World War. The play was to be performed at the Bolshoi in the 1960s but the initiative was not followed through. It was banned in the USSR because of its strong opposing stance to the Nazi regime. Later on, the Opera only commenced in its full version in 2006. The English National Opera has now provided a medium for The Passenger to be performed with its full grandeur and majesty.
The play is set in the era after the Second World War where a newly designated diplomat, Walter is sailing towards Brazil on the deck on an ocean liner. This is the first level of performance of the Opera. Here, the diplomat Walter’s new wife spots a Polish woman on the deck. She recognizes that the woman, called Marta was an inmate at the Auschwitz concentration camp, where she was a guard. Walter has no inkling of Lisa’s prior occupation. The second level of performance shows Auschwitz. Here, Lisa discloses her past to Walter. While she recounts wartime, she is faced with a number of realities. She plots easily managing the inmates with her superior and is of the view that they should be manipulated and one potential leader should be picked out of each group to lead the rest. There is a general indifference among the guards towards the gassing of the prisoners. For them it is better to stay here and not die on the battlefront against Russians. Their complete apathy towards the well being of the prisoners is highly tragic as the play moves towards further prejudices of the guards.
Level two is a bleak representation of how the Second World War treated the masses. The startling intensity with which the inmates were tortured and persecuted is shown to the audience. This will leave you dumbfounded as the picture painted by Weinberg is gruesome and not very far from reality. There is a dreadful depiction of how inhumanely the inmates are treated that will move the audience.
On a personal level too, Lisa is unjust with Marta. As Marta tricks Lisa and misreads a Russian woman’s note that is being tortured and thrashed because of that very note. Later on, Lisa is witness to Marta and her lover, she decides to try and manipulate their relationship to exert more control on the prisoners. She also taunts Marta and tries to get her to believe that her lover is to die. In a gruesome attempt at throwing Bach’s Chaconne at his Kommandant, Marta’s lover does die and Lisa is faced with feelings of guilt and remorse which she cannot let go of. The play’s resolution is insoluble as we see Lisa in despair and without a set path.
The striking opera will bring you to empathize with history. The crowd will be urged to experience a number of emotions. Marta’s dreadful redemption will be acted out to you in an interesting and sentimentally charged manner. It is problematic to have an opera based on the Holocaust as reactions become uncontrollable. Weinberg effectively portrays the two levels on the operatic stage. The themes portrayed were highly objectionable in the past but now theater companies have the freedom of art to communicate these ideas to the audience. Lisa and Walter’s predicament as she recollects her past will be scarring to hear through melodies that will make your heart ache. If you are a theater fan in general and an opera fan in particular, you do not want to miss the opportunity of being part of the unreal experience. To get a taste of the thematically rich play, get The Passenger tickets .
The Passenger Tickets Prices
Currently the average price for The Passenger tickets is $18. The date and location for this event is 29-Jun-18 at TIFF Bell Lightbox, Toronto. The minimum get-in price for The Passenger tickets is $18.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.