The Drowsy Chaperone Tickets
The Drowsy Chaperone is a musical based on the book that goes by the same name, written by Don McKellar and Bob Martin. The lyrics for the theatrical presentation were provided by Greg Morrison and Lisa Lambert. The production is a parody of a previous show that was presented in the 1920s. The current musical made its debut in theatre in 1998 in the city of Toronto at the Rivoli, while it first came to Broadway in the year 2006.
The Drowsy Chaperone Venues
- The Drowsy Chaperone Eau Claire Regional Arts Center
- The Drowsy Chaperone Janet & Ray Scherr Forum Theatre - Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza
- The Drowsy Chaperone Ruth N Halls Theatre
The Drowsy Chaperone Cities
- The Drowsy Chaperone Bloomington IN
- The Drowsy Chaperone Eau Claire WI
- The Drowsy Chaperone Thousand Oaks CA
Latest The Drowsy Chaperone Events
- The Drowsy Chaperone, Ruth N Halls Theatre tickets for 04/14 07:30 PM at Ruth N Halls Theatre, Bloomington, IN
- Fri Apr 14 2017
- The Drowsy Chaperone, Ruth N Halls Theatre tickets for 04/15 07:30 PM at Ruth N Halls Theatre, Bloomington, IN
- Sat Apr 15 2017
- The Drowsy Chaperone, Ruth N Halls Theatre tickets for 04/18 07:30 PM at Ruth N Halls Theatre, Bloomington, IN
- Tue Apr 18 2017
- The Drowsy Chaperone, Ruth N Halls Theatre tickets for 04/19 07:30 PM at Ruth N Halls Theatre, Bloomington, IN
- Wed Apr 19 2017
- The Drowsy Chaperone, Ruth N Halls Theatre tickets for 04/20 07:30 PM at Ruth N Halls Theatre, Bloomington, IN
- Thu Apr 20 2017
- The Drowsy Chaperone, Ruth N Halls Theatre tickets for 04/21 07:30 PM at Ruth N Halls Theatre, Bloomington, IN
- Fri Apr 21 2017
- The Drowsy Chaperone, Eau Claire Regional Arts Center tickets for 05/04 07:30 PM at Eau Claire Regional Arts Center, Eau Claire, WI
- Thu May 04 2017
Initially when the musical was presented, the style was adopted from that of the 1920s till the 1940s’ era. The acts were kept simple while the humor had a very risqué quality to it. It was in the following year that the story was reshaped when it had to be presented at the Toronto Fringe Festival. At this point, Bob Martin joined the team of the co-writers along with Lisa Lambert and Greg Morrison. It was him who added the infamous piece of the "Man in the Chair"; a narrator who was present at the side of the stage to describe the story. After the show at the Toronto Fringe Festival, the presentation was approached by financer David Mirvish, who decided to take on an expanded production that would run in the Theatre Passe Muraille from the year 1999. It opened to great reviews and ran till 2001; when Mirvish decided to invest further to bring to the stage a full fledged theatrical show. The musical was presented in the Winter Garden Theatre that could cater to a thousand audience members. During this, Mirvish also invited prominent producers, Paul Mack and Kevin McCollum to watch the show, who after being impressed by the story line and decided to become co-investors. It was after this agreement that the musical opened on Broadway in the year 2006. If you are interested in watching the renewed Broadway production, then all you need to do is make your way to The Drowsy Chaperone show, which you can become a part of by getting your hands on The Drowsy Chaperone tickets without any further delay.
The musical begins in the apartment of the "Man in the Chair", who is seen listening to the records of the 1928 Drowsy Chaperone when all of a sudden the characters from the musical start appearing in his apartment. Right after that his simple residence is transformed into an extravagant and lavish set with costumes, backdrops and spotlights. The first scene of the musical demonstrates the wedding day of the Broadway star Janet and Robert Martin. Their wedding is attended by many that include the producer of Janet’s next show Feldzieg, Broadway actress Kitty, two gangsters, Janet’s Chaperone and Aldolpho. The story picks up its pace, when the two gangsters approach the producer Feldzieg and threaten him to stop Janet from leaving Broadway after her marriage to Robert, as their boss had invested massively in the next show. The producer decides to help them sabotage Janet’s marriage by manipulating Aldolpho into seducing Janet, so that they can break up the marriage.
Whilst Aldolpho is on his way to the bride’s room, the audiences come across Robert who is getting anxious about the marriage. He is advised by his best man to take a trip to the garden, but insists on him going blindfolded, as that way he won’t be able to get more anxious by seeing Janet. As Robert makes his way to the garden, Janet also starts getting cold feet and makes her way to Robert, dressed as a French stranger to inquire about Robert’s love for her. When she approaches blindfolded Robert, she asks him to tell how he met Janet. As Robert starts reminiscing the past, he gets emotionally overwhelmed and kisses Janet. Janet who is furious by the fact that her soon to be husband has kissed a complete stranger calls off the wedding. If you wish to know what will become of Janet and Robert’s wedding, then you should consider attending the upcoming The Drowsy Chaperone show. To confirm your attendance all you need to do is purchase The Drowsy Chaperone tickets today.