Shaping Sound Tickets
Bringing some of the best talent on live stage, Shaping Sound is an electrifying amalgamation of dance recital and rock opera. Created by the Emmy Award winning choreographer Travis Wall, the show also features the artistic vision of Nick Lazzarini, Kyle Robinson and Teddy Forance. Currently on tour, the show jolts the stage with acts of eroticism and athleticism. Shaping Sound tickets are for audiences of all ages and these visual musicians will treat you to a mind-blowing collaboration boasting of energetic rhythm, explosive choreography, as well as speed and physical strength. Combining the dancing prowess of its four lead dancers, Shaping Sound includes several other contemporary dancers and they will treat you to a spectacle like no other.
Shaping Sound Venues
- Shaping Sound Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- Shaping Sound California Center For The Arts Escondido - Concert Hall
- Shaping Sound Centre In The Square - Ontario
- Shaping Sound Connor Palace Theatre
- Shaping Sound Ellie Caulkins Opera House
- Shaping Sound Hershey Theatre
- Shaping Sound Hippodrome Theatre At The France-Merrick PAC
- Shaping Sound Paramount Theatre - Seattle
- Shaping Sound Peabody Opera House
- Shaping Sound Sheas Performing Arts Center
- Shaping Sound Sony Centre For The Performing Arts
- Shaping Sound Stanley Theatre - Utica
- Shaping Sound Van Duzer Theatre
Shaping Sound Cities
- Shaping Sound Arcata CA
- Shaping Sound Baltimore MD
- Shaping Sound Buffalo NY
- Shaping Sound Cleveland OH
- Shaping Sound Denver CO
- Shaping Sound Escondido CA
- Shaping Sound Hershey PA
- Shaping Sound Kitchener ON
- Shaping Sound Portland OR
- Shaping Sound Seattle WA
- Shaping Sound St. Louis MO
- Shaping Sound Toronto ON
- Shaping Sound Utica NY
Latest Shaping Sound Events
- Shaping Sound, Stanley Theatre - Utica tickets for 03/01 07:30 PM at Stanley Theatre Utica, Utica, NY
- Wed Mar 01 2017
- Shaping Sound, Centre In The Square - Ontario tickets for 03/03 08:00 PM at Centre In The Square Ontario, Kitchener, ON
- Fri Mar 03 2017
- Shaping Sound, Hummingbird Centre tickets for 03/04 08:00 PM at Hummingbird Centre, Toronto, ON
- Sat Mar 04 2017
- Shaping Sound, Sheas Performing Arts Center tickets for 03/05 06:00 PM at Sheas Performing Arts Center, Buffalo, NY
- Sun Mar 05 2017
- Shaping Sound, Hershey Theatre tickets for 03/09 07:30 PM at Hershey Theatre, Hershey, PA
- Thu Mar 09 2017
- Shaping Sound, Connor Palace Theatre tickets for 03/11 07:30 PM at Connor Palace Theatre, Cleveland, OH
- Sat Mar 11 2017
- Shaping Sound, Hippodrome Theatre At The France-Merrick PAC tickets for 03/12 06:30 PM at Hippodrome Theatre At The France Merrick PAC, Baltimore, MD
- Sun Mar 12 2017
- Shaping Sound, Peabody Opera House tickets for 03/15 07:30 PM at Peabody Opera House, St. Louis, MO
- Wed Mar 15 2017
- Shaping Sound, Ellie Caulkins Opera House tickets for 03/18 07:30 PM at Ellie Caulkins Opera House, Denver, CO
- Sat Mar 18 2017
- Shaping Sound, Van Duzer Theatre tickets for 03/23 08:00 PM at Van Duzer Theatre, Arcata, CA
- Thu Mar 23 2017
- Shaping Sound, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall tickets for 03/24 07:30 PM at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Portland, OR
- Fri Mar 24 2017
- Shaping Sound, Paramount Theatre - Seattle tickets for 03/26 05:00 PM at Paramount Theatre Seattle, Seattle, WA
- Sun Mar 26 2017
Shaping Sound – Dance Reimagined
Instilling versatility in its participants, You Think You Can Dance has produced many outstanding dancers and choreographers. Travis Wall first entered the show as a contestant and later rising in ranks, became a choreographer and judge on the show. Taking the idea of diversity and versatility to heart, along with Lazzarini, Robinson and Forance, Wall came up with the television show “All The Right Moves” and it aired on the Oxygen channel. They ended up forming their own dance company Shaping Sound and it provides the audience a greater understanding of modern dance form by mixing contemporary, jazz and hip-hop styles.
Shaping Sound fuses all the right elements – energy, athleticism and emotions and treats the audience to musicality of movement. Formed in 2012, the company has been a part of international tours already and has performed at numerous award functions and events. Currently on a North American tour, the talented ensemble will stop in several cities so check the schedule and buy Shaping Sound tickets for the event in your town.
A Spectacle Like No Other Framed in Modern Dance Context
The 90 minutes show is divided into two acts, laced with stylistic diversity. Wrapped in contemporary dance context, Shaping Sound also veers into jazz, ballet and Broadway, with the occasional hint of Vegas-like indulgence. The choreographic influences of legends like Bob Fosse, Jerome Robbins and Paul Taylor are obvious on Travis and his Shaping Sound co-founders. The legacy of these maestros is felt throughout the show.
Shaping Sound follows a woman through a series of dreams and nightmares and each experience teaches her how to love. The performers immediately make an impact through boldness and present stunningly beautiful routines. Here are some of the best moments in the show.
- “Rouge Lounge” Scene – The performers let loose in this act and bring to stage the 20s’ social dance styles that are fun to watch.
- “My Dear Love” Sequence – A breathtaking routine, it’s the technique of the dancers that stands out in this piece. Forming asymmetrical patterns, the moves are backed by the smoky, glorious vocals of Nina Simone.
- “Darkness” Sequence – A conceptualized act, it has a Vegas feel to it and brings the stage alive.
There are several other acts that leave a mark on the audience like the caterpillar-like contagion that’s quite interesting. There are numerous jaw-dropping moments and welcome surprises for those who are familiar with the intricacies of dancing. Through a display of dance forms and styles, Shaping Sound challenges its audience who watch the show referentially and visually. Every movement reeks inspiration and the show always ends with a standing ovation and the audience screaming for more. The founders of the Shaping Sound as well as the fans have proved that contemporary dance remains important, primal and lyrical.