Shaping Sound Tickets
Bringing some of the best talent on live stage, Shaping Sound is an electrifying amalgamation of dance recital and rock opera. Created by the Emmy Award winning choreographer Travis Wall, the show also features the artistic vision of Nick Lazzarini, Kyle Robinson and Teddy Forance. Currently on tour, the show jolts the stage with acts of eroticism and athleticism. Shaping Sound tickets are for audiences of all ages and these visual musicians will treat you to a mind-blowing collaboration boasting of energetic rhythm, explosive choreography, as well as speed and physical strength. Combining the dancing prowess of its four lead dancers, Shaping Sound includes several other contemporary dancers and they will treat you to a spectacle like no other.
Shaping Sound Venues
- Shaping Sound Boch Center - Wang Theater
- Shaping Sound California Center For The Arts Escondido - Concert Hall
- Shaping Sound Chrysler Hall
- Shaping Sound Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
- Shaping Sound Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts - Raleigh Memorial Auditorium
- Shaping Sound HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
- Shaping Sound Jones Hall for the Performing Arts
- Shaping Sound Kings Theatre - NY
- Shaping Sound Royce Hall - UCLA
- Shaping Sound Saenger Theatre - New Orleans
- Shaping Sound The Smith Center
- Shaping Sound Tulsa Performing Arts Center - Chapman Music Hall
Shaping Sound Cities
- Shaping Sound Atlanta GA
- Shaping Sound Boston MA
- Shaping Sound Brooklyn NY
- Shaping Sound Escondido CA
- Shaping Sound Houston TX
- Shaping Sound Las Vegas NV
- Shaping Sound Los Angeles CA
- Shaping Sound New Orleans LA
- Shaping Sound Norfolk VA
- Shaping Sound Raleigh NC
- Shaping Sound San Antonio TX
- Shaping Sound Tulsa OK
Shaping Sound Schedule 2017-18
- Shaping Sound, HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts tickets for 06/06 07:30 PM at HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, San Antonio, TX
- Tue Jun 06 2017
- Shaping Sound, Jones Hall for the Performing Arts tickets for 06/07 07:30 PM at Jones Hall for the Performing Arts, Houston, TX
- Wed Jun 07 2017
- Shaping Sound, Tulsa Performing Arts Center - Chapman Music Hall tickets for 06/09 08:00 PM at Tulsa Performing Arts Center Chapman Music Hall, Tulsa, OK
- Fri Jun 09 2017
- Shaping Sound, Saenger Theatre - New Orleans tickets for 06/13 07:30 PM at Saenger Theatre New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
- Tue Jun 13 2017
- Shaping Sound, Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre tickets for 06/14 08:00 PM at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, Atlanta, GA
- Wed Jun 14 2017
- Shaping Sound, Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts - Raleigh Memorial Auditorium tickets for 06/15 08:00 PM at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts Raleigh Memorial Auditorium, Raleigh, NC
- Thu Jun 15 2017
- Shaping Sound, Kings Theatre - NY tickets for 06/16 08:00 PM at Kings Theatre NY, Brooklyn, NY
- Fri Jun 16 2017
- Shaping Sound, Boch Center - Wang Theater tickets for 06/17 08:00 PM at Boch Center Wang Theater, Boston, MA
- Sat Jun 17 2017
- Shaping Sound, Chrysler Hall tickets for 06/20 08:00 PM at Chrysler Hall, Norfolk, VA
- Tue Jun 20 2017
- Shaping Sound, California Center For The Arts Escondido - Concert Hall tickets for 06/21 07:30 PM at California Center For The Arts Escondido Concert Hall, Escondido, CA
- Wed Jun 21 2017
- Shaping Sound, Royce Hall - UCLA tickets for 06/26 07:30 PM at Royce Hall UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- Mon Jun 26 2017
Shaping Sound – Dance Reimagined
Instilling versatility in its participants, You Think You Can Dance has produced many outstanding dancers and choreographers. Travis Wall first entered the show as a contestant and later rising in ranks, became a choreographer and judge on the show. Taking the idea of diversity and versatility to heart, along with Lazzarini, Robinson and Forance, Wall came up with the television show “All The Right Moves” and it aired on the Oxygen channel. They ended up forming their own dance company Shaping Sound and it provides the audience a greater understanding of modern dance form by mixing contemporary, jazz and hip-hop styles.
Shaping Sound fuses all the right elements – energy, athleticism and emotions and treats the audience to musicality of movement. Formed in 2012, the company has been a part of international tours already and has performed at numerous award functions and events. Currently on a North American tour, the talented ensemble will stop in several cities so check the schedule and buy Shaping Sound tickets for the event in your town.
A Spectacle Like No Other Framed in Modern Dance Context
The 90 minutes show is divided into two acts, laced with stylistic diversity. Wrapped in contemporary dance context, Shaping Sound also veers into jazz, ballet and Broadway, with the occasional hint of Vegas-like indulgence. The choreographic influences of legends like Bob Fosse, Jerome Robbins and Paul Taylor are obvious on Travis and his Shaping Sound co-founders. The legacy of these maestros is felt throughout the show.
Shaping Sound follows a woman through a series of dreams and nightmares and each experience teaches her how to love. The performers immediately make an impact through boldness and present stunningly beautiful routines. Here are some of the best moments in the show.
- “Rouge Lounge” Scene – The performers let loose in this act and bring to stage the 20s’ social dance styles that are fun to watch.
- “My Dear Love” Sequence – A breathtaking routine, it’s the technique of the dancers that stands out in this piece. Forming asymmetrical patterns, the moves are backed by the smoky, glorious vocals of Nina Simone.
- “Darkness” Sequence – A conceptualized act, it has a Vegas feel to it and brings the stage alive.
There are several other acts that leave a mark on the audience like the caterpillar-like contagion that’s quite interesting. There are numerous jaw-dropping moments and welcome surprises for those who are familiar with the intricacies of dancing. Through a display of dance forms and styles, Shaping Sound challenges its audience who watch the show referentially and visually. Every movement reeks inspiration and the show always ends with a standing ovation and the audience screaming for more. The founders of the Shaping Sound as well as the fans have proved that contemporary dance remains important, primal and lyrical.
Shaping Sound Events Tickets Prices
The average price for Shaping Sound Tickets start from $110. The minimum get in price is $38 for Shaping Sound Tickets at the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts, Houston. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Shaping Sound||San Antonio||6-Jun-17||$143||$57|
|Shaping Sound||New Orleans||13-Jun-17||$111||$61|
|Shaping Sound||Los Angeles||26-Jun-17||$122||$59|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.