Miami City Ballet Tickets
Miami City Ballet is an American dance company originally from Florida. Since its inception in 1985 the company has managed to emerge as one of the most reputed regional Ballet Companies of America. The country’s most eminent male ballet dancer Edward Villella pioneered this great establishment. The company repertoire amounts to about 94 ballets and includes major contribution of works from George Balanchine, who was Villella’s mentor. Apart from Balanchine this ballet organization also performs on works from Twyla Tharp, Jerome Robbins, Mark Norris, and Trey McIntyre among many others. In addition to these works, some of its renowned full lengths classics are “Romeo and Juliet”, “Coppélia”, “Don Quixote” and “Giselle”. The performances of Miami City Ballet Company are well-known for their crisp numbers, energy, stretch and dance which uniquely demonstrate the power of music rather than merely being a response to it. To be a part of Miami City Ballet (MCB) extraordinary events, hurry up and purchase your Miami City Ballet tickets .
Miami City Ballet Venues
- Miami City Ballet Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts
- Miami City Ballet David H. Koch Theater
- Miami City Ballet Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall
- Miami City Ballet Northrop Auditorium
- Miami City Ballet Ziff Opera House At The Adrienne Arsht Center
Miami City Ballet Cities
Latest Miami City Ballet Events
- Miami City Ballet: The Nutcracker, Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts tickets for 12/11 07:30 PM at Au Rene Theater Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Fri Dec 11 2015
- Miami City Ballet: The Nutcracker, Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts tickets for 12/12 02:00 PM at Au Rene Theater Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sat Dec 12 2015
- Miami City Ballet: The Nutcracker, Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts tickets for 12/12 07:30 PM at Au Rene Theater Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sat Dec 12 2015
- Miami City Ballet: The Nutcracker, Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts tickets for 12/13 01:00 PM at Au Rene Theater Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sun Dec 13 2015
- Miami City Ballet: The Nutcracker, Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts tickets for 12/13 06:30 PM at Au Rene Theater Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sun Dec 13 2015
- Miami City Ballet: George Balanchine's The Nutcracker, Ziff Opera House At The Adrienne Arsht Center tickets for 12/17 07:30 PM at Ziff Opera House At The Adrienne Arsht Center, Miami, FL
- Thu Dec 17 2015
- Miami City Ballet: The Nutcracker, Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall tickets for 12/27 07:00 PM at Kravis Center Dreyfoos Concert Hall, West Palm Beach, FL
- Sun Dec 27 2015
- Miami City Ballet: Program Two, Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts tickets for 01/16 08:00 PM at Au Rene Theater Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sat Jan 16 2016
- Miami City Ballet, David H. Koch Theater tickets for 04/13 07:30 PM at David H. Koch Theater, New York, NY
- Wed Apr 13 2016
After opening its door in 1985 the first ever performance of MCB was at the Miami Guzman Center in 1986. Soon afterwards, the premiere of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker made major noise in Naples. The company performed on a national stage in the 1996 Olympic Arts Festival in Atlanta. In 2006 after delivering major hits like ‘Nine Sinatra Songs’ by Twyla and the company’s original ‘Jewels’, MCB became a resident organization valuing at a whopping $440 million. The ballet performs usually at the Adrienne Arsht Center which is Florida’s biggest performing arts center. Other venues include the Broward Center, Kravis Center and MCB Wolfson Theater all of which are located in Florida. The company also runs a ballet academy titled Miami City Ballet School. This school led by Principal Linda Villella started its operations in 1993 and trains it students in routines usually set by Edwards Villella.
Villella, who remained the Arts Director till 2012, amassed widespread acclaim and success for the company. His vision for MCB was based on 20th century neo-classical artistic works developed by Balanchine. Villella received the most prestigious cultural honor that can be granted to an artist, when in 1997 President Clinton presented him the National Medal of Arts. Apart from this he was inducted in the Florida Artists Hall of Fame and became an Honoree in the Kennedy Center. Miami City Ballet opened The Neighborhood Ballroom a four act ballet by Villella in 2003. However, the most prized ballet act of the company is the million-dollar spectacle George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker. Around 20000 audience members view this one a kind performance on an annual basis. Fans of this amazing stage production are in luck because by buying Miami City Ballet tickets they can enjoy the artistry of this production. MCB would also be playing Divertimento No.15, which is a ballet act without any plot. This incredible act specializes in duets and solo variations. Other acts playing this season are La Valse and Dances At A Gathering. The former is choreographed by Balanchine and derives its music from the late French composer Ravel, whereas the latter portrays ten extremely talented dancers celebrating dance and life to the music of 18th century Polish pianist and composer Chopin.
The Miami City Ballet features an ensemble of over 55 dancers who are highly talented. These dancers come from diverse backgrounds and are an international mix. They hail from the National Ballets of Cuba, China, Germany and Caucasus. Many come from the Paris Opera Ballet, American Ballet theatre and Royal Danish Ballet among various other sources. The company has astonishingly performed all over America in more than one hundred US cities. On an international level, MCB has performed in South America, Great Britain, Central America, Europe and Israel. This arts organization also performed in the ‘Kennedy Center International Ballet Festival’ in which the top six national ballet companies participated. More recently in 2011, Miami City Ballet debuted in Paris by performing at the Theatre du Chatelet.
The artists of this ballet company go through rigorous dance routines to perform not only with enhanced speed and energy, but also with delicacy and technical clarity to interpret musical scores from some of the greatest musicians like Stravinsky and Bach. To secure your spot at the exclusive events of MCB get your Miami City Ballet tickets as soon as possible!