Madama Butterfly Tickets
Madama Butterfly is the revised version of a Puccini’s 1904 opera. It features a talented cast, beautiful sets and iconic musical numbers. The story is about a heartless naval officer and his loving wife. Her love for him is endless but the officer does not value it. The opera has been critically acclaimed and many call it a refreshing opera with a great story. Madama Butterfly is considered one of the best operas worldwide. It has also been ranked at number seven on the Operabase list of the most performed operas across the world. The upcoming show is ready to entertain audiences and Madama Butterfly tickets are your way to enter the venue.
Madama Butterfly Venues
- North Carolina Opera: Madama Butterfly Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts - Raleigh Memorial Auditorium (formerly Progress Energy Center)
- San Antonio Opera: Madama Butterfly HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
- Madama Butterfly Kirby Center for the Performing Arts
- Metropolitan Opera: Madama Butterfly Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center
- Wolf Trap Opera: Madama Butterfly Wolf Trap
Madama Butterfly Cities
- Madama Butterfly New York NY
- Madama Butterfly Raleigh NC
- Madama Butterfly San Antonio TX
- Madama Butterfly Vienna VA
- Madama Butterfly Wilkes Barre PA
Latest Madama Butterfly Events
- Wolf Trap Opera: Madama Butterfly, Wolf Trap tickets for 08/07 08:15 PM at Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA
- Fri Aug 07 2015
- San Antonio Opera: Madama Butterfly, HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts tickets for 10/01 07:30 PM at HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, San Antonio, TX
- Thu Oct 01 2015
- San Antonio Opera: Madama Butterfly, HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts tickets for 10/03 07:30 PM at HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, San Antonio, TX
- Sat Oct 03 2015
- North Carolina Opera: Madama Butterfly, Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts - Raleigh Memorial Auditorium (formerly Progress Energy Center) tickets for 10/30 08:00 PM at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts Raleigh Memorial Auditorium (formerly Progress Energy Center), Raleigh, NC
- Fri Oct 30 2015
- North Carolina Opera: Madama Butterfly, Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts - Raleigh Memorial Auditorium (formerly Progress Energy Center) tickets for 11/01 03:00 PM at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts Raleigh Memorial Auditorium (formerly Progress Energy Center), Raleigh, NC
- Sun Nov 01 2015
- Madama Butterfly, Kirby Center for the Performing Arts tickets for 01/29 07:30 PM at Kirby Center for the Performing Arts, Wilkes Barre, PA
- Fri Jan 29 2016
Family, honor and fortune, Naive Cio-Cio-San gives it all up for a heartless American Navy Officer. Her endless love for the man means nothing to him and that is what Cio-Cio-San realizes the hard way by the end of the opera. Originally directed by Olivier and Tony winning director Michael Grandage, Madama Butterfly is a production of Puccini's story. This opera is relatively a new production and is a coproduction of Grand Theatre de Geneve, Lyric Opera of Chicago and Houston Grand Opera. Madama Butterfly is scheduled to run productions in various cities, at multiple venues including Teatro La Fenice and Civic Opera House. All opera fans, this is something you shouldn’t miss. To double the excitement, Madama Butterfly tickets are now available on discounted rates.
For many years now, Lyric Opera of Chicago has scheduled several popular new operas as well as revivals. This year, its Puccini’s Madama Butterfly’s turn and it will be staged with significant changes. Madama Butterfly is a refreshing, breathtakingly beautiful and subtle opera. This wonderful opera is the story of betrayal and romance and this production is one of the opera’s most beloved and well-known ones. The story features a naval officer who has no emotions and has a loving wife.
A talented cast of singers and actors have been featured in this opera and maestro Marco Armiliato has conducted its orchestra. It also features some of the most famous numbers, which includes "Humming Chorus" and "Un bel di". Amanda Echalaz, Patricia Racette, James Valenti and Stefano Secco are in the cast.
Five versions of Madama Butterfly were written by Puccini and the original consisted of two acts. Madama Butterfly’s original version premiered in 1904. However, the production could not do well even with the presence of notable singers like tenor Giovanni Zenatello, baritone Giuseppe De Luca and soprano Rosina Storchio. Later, the opera was revised by Puccini and he split it into two acts and also made other changes. This revised version received huge success after being performing in Brescia in 1904. Within the time frame between 1915 to 1920, the most famous opera singer of Japan, Tamaki Miura won international fame and high acclaim for her lead role as Cio-Cio San.
Now the opera has been revised again and the new production features some of the best actors of the live stage. It features spectacular costumes along with beautiful period scenery. The libretto of the opera’s story takes its basis from a blend of writings by a Philadelphia lawyer, John Luther Long. Theatrical producer and playwright David Belasco has put the opera together. The story was very popular and the exotic setting added to its success. It was highly acclaimed and reported by London Times as, "In any other than an exotic setting, the dramatic episode would be intolerably painful."
Opera fans are all excited as Madama Butterfly makers announces its production run in their cities and much to their delight, Madama Butterfly tickets have gone on sale. It is a must see opera and it will leave you enchanted.