Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight Tickets
Brace yourselves for the much awaited Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight show which will soon be held at various venues in the United States. Mark Twain Tonight! is a play created by the very popular American Actor Hal Holbrook in which he portrays Mark Twain, giving his dramatic recitals from Twain’s writings. The emphasis has mostly been given to the comical ones, however there’s always a long excerpt from the legendary “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”. Our website is now providing Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight tickets for all the fans who want to watch the show live!
Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight Venues
- Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
- Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight Grand 1894 Opera House
- Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight The Buell Theatre
- Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight Uihlein Hall Marcus Center For The Performing Arts
- Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight Mccallum Theatre
- Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight Popejoy Hall
Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight Cities
Latest Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight Events
- Hal Holbrook: Mark Twain Tonight, Mccallum Theatre tickets for 01/23 08:00 PM Mccallum Theatre
- Fri Jan 23 2015
- Hal Holbrook: Mark Twain Tonight, Grand 1894 Opera House tickets for 02/27 08:00 PM Grand 1894 Opera House
- Fri Feb 27 2015
- Hal Holbrook: Mark Twain Tonight, The Buell Theatre tickets for 03/21 07:00 PM The Buell Theatre
- Sat Mar 21 2015
- Hal Holbrook: Mark Twain Tonight, Popejoy Hall tickets for 03/27 08:00 PM Popejoy Hall
- Fri Mar 27 2015
- Hal Holbrook: Mark Twain Tonight, Uihlein Hall Marcus Center For The Performing Arts tickets for 04/20 07:30 PM Uihlein Hall Marcus Center For The Performing Arts
- Mon Apr 20 2015
- Hal Holbrook: Mark Twain Tonight, Fox Cities Performing Arts Center tickets for 04/24 07:30 PM Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
- Fri Apr 24 2015
Hal Holbrook is widely known for his roles on TV, including the series called Lincoln in which he played the character of Abraham Lincoln, Capt Lloyd Bucher on Pueblo and his stunt on the series The Bold Ones: The Senator as Hays Stowe. Moreover, he achieved ample success owing to the character he played in the movie Into the Wild (2007) and he even ended up getting nominated for an Academy Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Holbrook has also been performing a one-man show in which he plays the American humorist and author Mark Twain. It was first staged in 1954.
The genesis of the recitation was a show that Hal Holbrook performed alongside his 1st wife in which she would be interviewing him while he would portray renowned people in the history, such as Mark Twain. In the 1950s, Holbrook reviewed this conception into a one-man show. The show was first presented in 1954 in Pennsylvania’s Lock Haven State Teachers College and Holbrook’s 1st appearance as Mark Twain was in New York’s Off-Broadway production. The show then went on to premiere on Broadway in 1966.
John Lotas, the producer from New York, 1st noticed Holbrook’s act at Manhattan’s The Lambs Club. The show was then presented by Lotas at the Forty-First Street Theatre, wherein the play ran for 174 performances. For that performance, Holbrook won an Emmy Award nomination and a "Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play" for the TV broadcast in the year 1967. This show was produced by American producer David Susskind.
Then, the recreation of the one-man show on Broadway, written by David Bassler was a hit. Hal Holbrook playing Mark Twain as a seventy-year old comedian who skewers newspapermen, politicians and the professed patriots in the ninety-minute monologue was quite an entertainment. He adapted Mark Twain’s very own words for commentaries on religion, politics and slavery, fusing the lampoon with comical stories regarding lifestyle on the Mississippi and an effective ghostly story.
Moreover, the show was also performed before a sell-out crowd at the Clemens Center on Mr. Clemens’ birthday in the city of Elmira, New York. The evening was begun with happy birthday sung to Mr. Clemens, after which Holbrook appeared on the stage. Quite remarkably, the year 2012 has marked the 58th successive year of Holbrook performing the Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight show.
Holbrook still continues his tour, performing the show in different areas and alternating the substance which he performs. On Broadway, the show was last performed in 2006. Now the show will soon be performed at various venues in the United States. The locations include Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City, UT, Elsinore Theatre in Salem, OR, and the Kirby Center for the Performing Arts in Wilkes Barre, PA. In Illinois, the show will be held at the Peoria Civic Center- Theatre in Peoria. In California, it will be hosted at The Lobero in Santa Barbara, at The Aiken Theatre at The Center in Evansville, Indiana, as well as at the Popejoy Hall in Albuqureque, NM. So to witness the wonderful performance live, you can now buy Hal Holbrook Mark Twain Tonight tickets for all of these venues. Get them now before they are all sold out!