Garrison Keillor Tickets
You must have heard his lazy but solid voice telling the “News from Lake Wobegon” while driving in your car. The exhilaration felt while listening to the popular radio show “A Prairie Home Companion” is very little when compared to the experience of seeing the star of the show, Garrison Keillor, live in front of your eyes. Don’t miss the opportunity of seeing this witty personality perform his magic with words; get your Garrison Keillor tickets today!
Garrison Keillor Venues
- Garrison Keillor Cofrin Family Hall At Weidner Center For The Performing Arts
- Garrison Keillor Florida Theatre Jacksonville
- Garrison Keillor Fox Theatre - Tucson
- Garrison Keillor Hollywood Bowl
- Garrison Keillor Hudson Performance Hall
- Garrison Keillor Isaac Harris Cary Memorial Building
- Garrison Keillor Mccallum Theatre
- Garrison Keillor Minnesota State Fair Grandstand
- Garrison Keillor Morrison Center For The Performing Arts
- Garrison Keillor Pabst Theater
- Garrison Keillor Peoria Civic Center - Theatre
- Garrison Keillor Saenger Theatre - FL
- Garrison Keillor The Carlsen Center - Yardley Hall
- Garrison Keillor The Carolina Opry Theater
- Garrison Keillor Weill Hall At Green Music Center
Garrison Keillor Cities
- Garrison Keillor Boise ID
- Garrison Keillor Green Bay WI
- Garrison Keillor Jacksonville FL
- Garrison Keillor Lexington MA
- Garrison Keillor Los Angeles CA
- Garrison Keillor Milwaukee WI
- Garrison Keillor Myrtle Beach SC
- Garrison Keillor Oklahoma City OK
- Garrison Keillor Overland Park KS
- Garrison Keillor Palm Desert CA
- Garrison Keillor Pensacola FL
- Garrison Keillor Peoria IL
- Garrison Keillor Rohnert Park CA
- Garrison Keillor Saint Paul MN
- Garrison Keillor Tucson AZ
Latest Garrison Keillor Events
- Garrison Keillor: A Prairie Home Companion, Hollywood Bowl tickets for 07/01 08:00 PM at Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA
- Fri Jul 01 2016
- Garrison Keillor, Minnesota State Fair Grandstand tickets for 09/02 07:45 PM at Minnesota State Fair Grandstand, Saint Paul, MN
- Fri Sep 02 2016
- Garrison Keillor, Saenger Theatre - FL tickets for 09/26 07:00 PM at Saenger Theatre FL, Pensacola, FL
- Mon Sep 26 2016
- Garrison Keillor, Isaac Harris Cary Memorial Building tickets for 09/28 07:00 PM at Isaac Harris Cary Memorial Building, Lexington, MA
- Wed Sep 28 2016
- Garrison Keillor, Cofrin Family Hall At Weidner Center For The Performing Arts tickets for 10/15 07:30 PM at Cofrin Family Hall At Weidner Center For The Performing Arts, Green Bay, WI
- Sat Oct 15 2016
- Garrison Keillor, Pabst Theater tickets for 10/17 07:00 PM at Pabst Theater, Milwaukee, WI
- Mon Oct 17 2016
- Garrison Keillor, Peoria Civic Center tickets for 10/19 07:00 PM at Peoria Civic Center, Peoria, IL
- Wed Oct 19 2016
- Garrison Keillor, Hudson Performance Hall tickets for 10/20 08:00 PM at Hudson Performance Hall, Oklahoma City, OK
- Thu Oct 20 2016
- Garrison Keillor, The Carlsen Center - Yardley Hall tickets for 10/21 08:00 PM at The Carlsen Center Yardley Hall, Overland Park, KS
- Fri Oct 21 2016
- Garrison Keillor, Morrison Center For The Performing Arts tickets for 11/14 07:00 PM at Morrison Center For The Performing Arts, Boise, ID
- Mon Nov 14 2016
- Garrison Keillor, Florida Theatre Jacksonville tickets for 12/11 07:00 PM at Florida Theatre Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
- Sun Dec 11 2016
- Garrison Keillor, Weill Hall At Green Music Center tickets for 01/21 07:30 PM at Weill Hall At Green Music Center, Rohnert Park, CA
- Sat Jan 21 2017
- Garrison Keillor, Mccallum Theatre tickets for 01/27 08:00 PM at Mccallum Theatre, Palm Desert, CA
- Fri Jan 27 2017
Garrison Keillor was born in Anoka, Minnesota on August 7, 1942. With a Norwegian and Scots ancestry, he is six feet and three inches tall. While pursuing a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Minnesota, he started working on Radio K, a student-operated radio station. In November 1969, his professional radio career started when he joined Minnesota Educational Radio (MER) now known as Minnesota Public Radio (MPR). Here, he distributed programs under the label of American Public Media (APM). He hosted a 6 to 9 a.m. morning weekday show covering the drive time slot for office going people. It was broadcasted from KSJM at St. John’sUniversity in Collegeville at 90.1 FM and was known as "A Prairie Home Entertainment." As compared to the usual classical music fare at the station, the radio show became known for its more selective music and was a success. While working on this show, Garrison Keillor also decided to try his hand at writing and started submitting fictional stories to The New Yorker. His first story was titled "Local Family Keeps Son Happy" and was published in the famous American magazine, known for its fiction, cartoons, satire, and commentary, on September 19, 1970.
In early 1971, Garrison Keillor resigned from his morning show when he felt that there was an attempt to interfere with his musical selection. However, he was convinced to return due to the show’s popularity; he came back in October and the show was rechristened "A Prairie Home Companion." He started looking for innovative ways to make the show more popular. Despite the limited studio size, he started presenting local musicians in his morning show. He also started working on the concept of a live Saturday night version of his show.
On July 6, 1974, the first live Saturday night version of "A Prairie Home Companion" was performed with a variety of entertainment such as music and comic skits accompanied by elaborate sound effects. It was a brilliant creation of Garrison Keillor marked by wit, satire and observational comedy. With cooked up commercial spots raving about the benefits of such fictional products as Powdermilk Biscuits, Jack's Auto Repair, and later on Ralph's Pretty Good Grocery, Bertha’s Kitty Boutique, etc., the audience was humorously entertained throughout the show. The show also contained serial melodramas such as the Private Eye, The Adventures of Guy Noir, and the Lives of the Cowboys.
Another integral feature of the show was "The News from Lake Wobegon," a weekly monologue by Garrison Keillor. The stories of LakeWobegon, a fictional Minnesota town where women are strong, children are above average and men are good looking, were greatly inspired from Anoka, Keillor’s hometown, and other small towns of Stearns Country where he spent his early 1970s. The show was hugely popular and continued for thirteen years; then, it went on a hiatus for six years while Garrison Keillor worked on similar projects like "The American Radio Company of the Air." "The Prairie Home Companion" came back on air in 1993 and is still going strong. Keillor takes it on the road occasionally and entertains packed audiences in different cities live.
Garrison Keillor definitely has a way with words and he is a true story teller. He makes his audience feel that they are sitting in his front parlor and turns the most boring story interesting with his way of telling. It will definitely be a marvelous treat to hear this great man tell his anecdotes live. He will be right in front of you so it will be extra fun because now you can see his funny expressions. Be in the presence of this humorous man with his signature red shoes. Get your Garrison Keillor tickets and forget your worries for one day.
Q:Are you sure garrison keillor tickets will be delivered on time?
A:Definitely! We are responsible and ensure on time delivery of Garrison Keillor Tickets.
Q:Where can I get the cheap tickets for garrison keillor from?
A:By visiting our website you will find some Garrison Keillor Tickets at relatively low rates and you can easily buy them from us whenever you want before the event.