Spiegelworld now brings to you a mind-altering diversity show, performed at a very exclusive venue; a lavish 440-seat Belgian travelling Spiegel-tent consisting of warm, in-the-round seating arrangement with unhindered sight-lines, ornamental wooden panels, mirrors, as well as stained-glass windows. The show features an intercontinental cast including extraordinary acrobats who perform vaudeville and burlesque, amazing acts of strength, danger, balance, unplumbed flexibility and extreme comedy. Together it all presents the world of “Empire”. Besides, the main character “Impresario” features as a person who tried to re-establish his empire, after the Global Financial Crisis.
Latest Empire Events
- Josh Wolf, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 08/01 8:00PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Fri Aug 1 2014
- Hawthorne Heights, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, New Empire, Famous Last Words & Laguna Sunrise, House Of Blues - San Diego, tickets for 08/17 6:30PM at House Of Blues - San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Sun Aug 17 2014
- .38 Special, Empire City Casino - Yonkers Raceway, tickets for 08/24 7:00PM at Empire City Casino - Yonkers Raceway, Yonkers, NY
- Sun Aug 24 2014
- Crown The Empire, Sokol Underground, tickets for 09/05 7:00PM at Sokol Underground, Omaha, NE
- Fri Sep 5 2014
- Brent Watkins, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 09/09 7:30PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Tue Sep 9 2014
- Adam Carolla, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 10/10 8:00PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Fri Oct 10 2014
- Brent Watkins, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 10/14 7:30PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Tue Oct 14 2014
- Suzanne Vega, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 10/17 7:30PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Fri Oct 17 2014
- The Psychedelic Furs, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 11/05 8:00PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Wed Nov 5 2014
- Jay Mohr, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 11/08 8:00PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Sat Nov 8 2014
- Anastacia, O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, tickets for 11/17 7:00PM at O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, London, GL
- Mon Nov 17 2014
- Holiday Swing, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 11/28 7:30PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Fri Nov 28 2014
- Coachella - Weekend 1 - 3-Day Pass, Empire Polo Field, tickets for 04/10 TBA at Empire Polo Field, Indio, CA
- Fri Apr 10 2015
- Coachella - Weekend 2 - 3-Day Pass, Empire Polo Field, tickets for 04/17 TBA at Empire Polo Field, Indio, CA
- Fri Apr 17 2015
4 years after it wound up its marquee at the Seaport, the Spiegelworld, a combo of cabaret, circus and adults only burlesque, has returned, this time with a totally new show Empire and this time it’s in the midtown! Over ninety minutes, the show presents live music and eye-popping acts of elegance and strength. Moreover, the show’s European wood-and-glass tent-like housing makes the performance even more unique. The seats in the front-row are just inches away from the elevated central ring, which is tricked-out in a monopoly image. Performers like Carrot Man, Moondog, Polka Dot Woman, Lime Green Lady, Rubbish Bag Lady and many more! We have now placed Empire tickets on our website for all of you out there!
Spiegelworld presents a yearly summer-season in the city of New York on Pier 17, South Street, Seaport, since the year 2006. Founded by Ross Mollison, the enterprise has produced many celebrated shows including Late Night Lounge, La Vie, Desir and Absinthe. Moreover, Spiegelworld has toured to the Miami South Beach, as well as in Melbourne, as the primary entertainment of Australian Open Tennis Grand Slam in 2009. Empire is being presented in NY by Boston Properties and Related Companies.
Following Empire’s premier, Time Out New York gave the show a rating of 4 stars, saying "this is timeless stuff: physical feats and illusions that have been practiced for centuries" .The show Empire doesn’t follow a linear arrangement of a musical or play. Rather, it is meant to look like a circus show with 2 clowns who come and entertain the viewers between the death-defying acrobatics. The audience thoroughly enjoys the comical frivolity of the 2 clowns, a bawdy married pair who actually run the circus.
So overall, the display is designed in a way that feels like it’s pulled out from the movie Moulin Rouge. Every act is very refined, from aerialist Elena Lev working inside a transparent plastic bubble, to the daring Martin Charrat and Ludivine Furnon, who twirl, whirl and perform dangerous feats on roller skates, somewhat defying logic, as well as personal safety. The show’s most unforgettable series come courtesy of Yonas Alem and Tariku Degefa’s high speed flipping performance, as well as soloist Rigolo’s amazing trickeries. Rigolo dons a mystical excellence and talks articulately to delicate balance, in any Empire and any enterprise. Some of the other cast members include Anne Goldann, Lena Hall, Roma Hervida from Germany, Yunming Liu, Olena Lomaga from Ukraine, Anastasiia Permiakova also from Ukraine, Sven Rauhe, Jonathan Taylor, Yuchun Wei from China and Yasu Yoshikawa from Japan, amongst other talented artists.
The creative team behind the Empire consists of director Wayne Harrison, choreographer John O'Connell, music producer Jamie Siegel, Academy Award winning costume designer Angus Strathie, production designer Josh Zangen, art director Matthew Hodges, lighting designer Martin Kinnane and sound designer Matt Kraus.
In May this year, Spiegelworld came back to NYC with this new production. Although it’s not being held at its tradition location in the South street, the Spiegelworld tent located within an empty space at 265 W, 45th Street in New York City and the shows will continue till September 2nd 2012. So you can now buy your Empire tickets to experience this unique travelling circus this season!