Spiegelworld now brings to you a mind-altering diversity show, performed at a very exclusive venue; a lavish 440-seat Belgian travelling Spiegel-tent consisting of warm, in-the-round seating arrangement with unhindered sight-lines, ornamental wooden panels, mirrors, as well as stained-glass windows. The show features an intercontinental cast including extraordinary acrobats who perform vaudeville and burlesque, amazing acts of strength, danger, balance, unplumbed flexibility and extreme comedy. Together it all presents the world of “Empire”. Besides, the main character “Impresario” features as a person who tried to re-establish his empire, after the Global Financial Crisis.
Latest Empire Events
- Common Ground Festival: Empire of the Sun, Common Ground Festival, tickets for 07/12 5:00PM at Common Ground Festival, Lansing, MI
- Sun Jul 12 2015
- TwoTen Empire Series: Hydra Melody, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 07/18 9:00PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Sat Jul 18 2015
- Kenny Rogers, Empire City Casino - Yonkers Raceway, tickets for 07/19 7:00PM at Empire City Casino - Yonkers Raceway, Yonkers, NY
- Sun Jul 19 2015
- Marcus Luttrell's Patriot Tour, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 07/25 7:30PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Sat Jul 25 2015
- Trace Adkins, Empire City Casino - Yonkers Raceway, tickets for 08/09 7:00PM at Empire City Casino - Yonkers Raceway, Yonkers, NY
- Sun Aug 9 2015
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Empire City Casino - Yonkers Raceway, tickets for 08/16 7:00PM at Empire City Casino - Yonkers Raceway, Yonkers, NY
- Sun Aug 16 2015
- Summer Slaughter Tour: Arch Enemy, Born of Osiris & Veil of Maya, Empire Control Room , tickets for 08/18 2:00PM at Empire Control Room , Austin, TX
- Tue Aug 18 2015
- TwoTen Empire Series: Bombasta, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 08/28 9:00PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Fri Aug 28 2015
- Hollywood Babble-On: Kevin Smith & Ralph Garman, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 08/29 9:00PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Sat Aug 29 2015
- Empire of the Sun, Fillmore Auditorium - Colorado, tickets for 09/12 6:30PM at Fillmore Auditorium - Colorado, Denver, CO
- Sat Sep 12 2015
- Don Quixote, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 09/13 7:30PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Sun Sep 13 2015
- Empire of the Sun, Marymoor Amphitheatre, tickets for 09/15 5:30PM at Marymoor Amphitheatre, Redmond, WA
- Tue Sep 15 2015
- Empire of the Sun, Orpheum Theatre - Vancouver, tickets for 09/16 7:30PM at Orpheum Theatre - Vancouver, Vancouver, BC
- Wed Sep 16 2015
- Empire of the Sun, McMenamins Historic Edgefield Amphitheater, tickets for 09/18 7:30PM at McMenamins Historic Edgefield Amphitheater, Troutdale, OR
- Fri Sep 18 2015
- Empire of the Sun, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, tickets for 09/19 7:30PM at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
- Sat Sep 19 2015
- Ben Bailey, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, tickets for 09/19 8:00PM at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- Sat Sep 19 2015
- Empire of the Sun & St. Lucia, Hollywood Bowl, tickets for 09/20 7:00PM at Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA
- Sun Sep 20 2015
- The New Deal, Empire Control Room , tickets for 09/24 7:00PM at Empire Control Room , Austin, TX
- Thu Sep 24 2015
- Soulfly, Soilwork, Decapitated & Shattered Sun, Empire Control Room , tickets for 10/28 5:15PM at Empire Control Room , Austin, TX
- Wed Oct 28 2015
4 years after it wound up its marquee at the Seaport, the Spiegelworld, a combo of cabaret, circus and adults only burlesque, has returned, this time with a totally new show Empire and this time it’s in the midtown! Over ninety minutes, the show presents live music and eye-popping acts of elegance and strength. Moreover, the show’s European wood-and-glass tent-like housing makes the performance even more unique. The seats in the front-row are just inches away from the elevated central ring, which is tricked-out in a monopoly image. Performers like Carrot Man, Moondog, Polka Dot Woman, Lime Green Lady, Rubbish Bag Lady and many more! We have now placed Empire tickets on our website for all of you out there!
Spiegelworld presents a yearly summer-season in the city of New York on Pier 17, South Street, Seaport, since the year 2006. Founded by Ross Mollison, the enterprise has produced many celebrated shows including Late Night Lounge, La Vie, Desir and Absinthe. Moreover, Spiegelworld has toured to the Miami South Beach, as well as in Melbourne, as the primary entertainment of Australian Open Tennis Grand Slam in 2009. Empire is being presented in NY by Boston Properties and Related Companies.
Following Empire’s premier, Time Out New York gave the show a rating of 4 stars, saying "this is timeless stuff: physical feats and illusions that have been practiced for centuries" .The show Empire doesn’t follow a linear arrangement of a musical or play. Rather, it is meant to look like a circus show with 2 clowns who come and entertain the viewers between the death-defying acrobatics. The audience thoroughly enjoys the comical frivolity of the 2 clowns, a bawdy married pair who actually run the circus.
So overall, the display is designed in a way that feels like it’s pulled out from the movie Moulin Rouge. Every act is very refined, from aerialist Elena Lev working inside a transparent plastic bubble, to the daring Martin Charrat and Ludivine Furnon, who twirl, whirl and perform dangerous feats on roller skates, somewhat defying logic, as well as personal safety. The show’s most unforgettable series come courtesy of Yonas Alem and Tariku Degefa’s high speed flipping performance, as well as soloist Rigolo’s amazing trickeries. Rigolo dons a mystical excellence and talks articulately to delicate balance, in any Empire and any enterprise. Some of the other cast members include Anne Goldann, Lena Hall, Roma Hervida from Germany, Yunming Liu, Olena Lomaga from Ukraine, Anastasiia Permiakova also from Ukraine, Sven Rauhe, Jonathan Taylor, Yuchun Wei from China and Yasu Yoshikawa from Japan, amongst other talented artists.
The creative team behind the Empire consists of director Wayne Harrison, choreographer John O'Connell, music producer Jamie Siegel, Academy Award winning costume designer Angus Strathie, production designer Josh Zangen, art director Matthew Hodges, lighting designer Martin Kinnane and sound designer Matt Kraus.
In May this year, Spiegelworld came back to NYC with this new production. Although it’s not being held at its tradition location in the South street, the Spiegelworld tent located within an empty space at 265 W, 45th Street in New York City and the shows will continue till September 2nd 2012. So you can now buy your Empire tickets to experience this unique travelling circus this season!