Dust that is known to many as a power play is a thriller, an off-Broadway show penned by Billy Goda. Starring the nominee at the Emmy Awards, Richard Masur and Hunter Foster, a Tony Award Nominee, Dust comes as a pleasant surprise with exceptional performances and a great story line. Curtis McClarin, John Schiappa and Laura.E.Campbell also form a part of the cast. Hunter Foster, who takes a lead role, has been highly applauded for his performance. The actor who won a Tony nomination for his brilliant performance in the Broadway “Little Shop of Horrors”, Hunter Foster’s name has also been attached to some of the all time favorite Broadways such as “The Producers”, “Les Miserables”, “ Footlose” and with a part in the King David’s stage concert. Alongside Hunter Foster Richard Masur, the other lead in Dust, has also done due justice to his role. Masur is also a well known Broadway and Off-Broadway star who is credited with the Broadways like “Democracy” and “The Changing Room” and with the Off-Broadway “Two Thousand Years”. With Cassidy and Roger Alan Gindi Production, Dust features Caleb Wartenbaker on the design, Charles Foster on lighting and Theresa Squire on costume design. In all, Dust has brought together some of the best in theater to give you an entertainment ride that will leave you in the awe.
- Steve Gunn, Lee Ranaldo & Meg Baird, The ArtsCenter Of Carrboro, tickets for 06/14 20:00 at The ArtsCenter Of Carrboro, Carrboro, NC
- Wed Jun 14 2017
- Spokane Indians vs. Tri-City Dust Devils, Avista Stadium, tickets for 06/26 18:30 at Avista Stadium, Spokane, WA
- Mon Jun 26 2017
- Spokane Indians vs. Tri-City Dust Devils, Avista Stadium, tickets for 06/27 18:30 at Avista Stadium, Spokane, WA
- Tue Jun 27 2017
- Spokane Indians vs. Tri-City Dust Devils, Avista Stadium, tickets for 06/28 18:30 at Avista Stadium, Spokane, WA
- Wed Jun 28 2017
- Dust and Shadow, Highline Ballroom, tickets for 07/17 20:00 at Highline Ballroom, New York, NY
- Mon Jul 17 2017
- Assembly of Dust, The Warehouse at Fairfield Theatre Company, tickets for 07/22 20:00 at The Warehouse at Fairfield Theatre Company, Fairfield, CT
- Sat Jul 22 2017
- Steve Gunn, The Great American Music Hall, tickets for 08/02 19:00 at The Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA
- Wed Aug 2 2017
- Spokane Indians vs. Tri-City Dust Devils, Avista Stadium, tickets for 08/23 18:30 at Avista Stadium, Spokane, WA
- Wed Aug 23 2017
- Spokane Indians vs. Tri-City Dust Devils, Avista Stadium, tickets for 08/24 18:30 at Avista Stadium, Spokane, WA
- Thu Aug 24 2017
- Spokane Indians vs. Tri-City Dust Devils, Avista Stadium, tickets for 08/25 18:30 at Avista Stadium, Spokane, WA
- Fri Aug 25 2017
A thriller with a strong story line, full of emotions but no fluff is what Dust is all about. It is such a heart tendering drama that you will surely have tears in your eyes by the time the curtains close. Dust touches the hearts of the audiences because it’s a story that is from the real world, people can relate to it, they have heard about, it is a story from around you and a story that will keep you thinking about it even when you leave the theatre.
Dust is an excellent piece of art because it not just entertains you but comes forward with a deep rooted message. It is a play based on the common issues faced by today’s youth. It portrays a young man whose life is nothing but his constant struggle, his fight with drug addiction. It is a play that shows the darker side of a young man’s life and by doing so gives out a message to stay focused and on the right path. The Off-Broadway with a purpose, Dust is also appreciated because when it was staged in 2009, it was announced that the audiences from 16-25 years of age will be allowed a free entrance. This was done to make sure that the message of the play reaches to the maximum number of young persons. To Goda, the playwright, who had also struggled through his own process of recovery, the play is like narrating his story to others for setting an example and preaching the message to stay on track.
The play that is not just melodramatic but also brings frequent spells of laughter in the audiences is actually based on two men. One of them is a minimum waged ex-con and the other is a highly paid executive, Dust unfolds as a struggle between the two; a struggle for self respect but later transforms into a power struggle for revenge and survival. The battle that starts off with an early morning scene at a fitness centre becomes bigger and bigger as the play goes on and eventually becomes a war in which only the fittest can survive. Gradually the play becomes more interesting as the stakes of the key players get bigger and audiences get so involved that they become a part of the whole scene.
Dust, is a play that will not just offer two hours of entertainment but will make your experience a mixed set of emotions from sad to happy and thrill to horror. Overall, an enjoyable ride with the capacity to blow your minds away, Dust is a play that you simply can’t afford to miss. Get your Dust Tickets at the most affordable rates and experience the outstanding drama.