Capitol Steps Tickets
Humor with a difference is just around the corner because the amazing Capitol Steps have hit the road once again. These amazing performers have a special gift of turning anything related to politics into comedy and that too the likes of which you won’t have seen before. So now that they are about to headline their latest tour, this is your opportunity to buy Capitol Steps tickets and catch them live
Capitol Steps Venues
- Capitol Steps Bergen Performing Arts Center
- Capitol Steps Capitol Center For The Arts - NH
- Capitol Steps Community Theatre At Mayo Center For The Performing Arts
- Capitol Steps Lyric Theatre - Stuart
- Capitol Steps McAninch Arts Center
- Capitol Steps Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center
Capitol Steps Cities
Latest Capitol Steps Events
- Capitol Steps, Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center tickets for 12/09 07:30 PM at Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center, Washington, DC
- Fri Dec 09 2016
- Capitol Steps, Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center tickets for 12/16 07:30 PM at Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center, Washington, DC
- Fri Dec 16 2016
- Capitol Steps, Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center tickets for 12/23 07:30 PM at Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center, Washington, DC
- Fri Dec 23 2016
- Capitol Steps, Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center tickets for 12/30 07:30 PM at Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center, Washington, DC
- Fri Dec 30 2016
- Capitol Steps, Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center tickets for 12/31 07:30 PM at Ronald Reagan Building And International Trade Center, Washington, DC
- Sat Dec 31 2016
- Capitol Steps, Lyric Theatre - Stuart tickets for 01/04 06:00 PM at Lyric Theatre Stuart, Stuart, FL
- Wed Jan 04 2017
- Capitol Steps, Community Theatre At Mayo Center For The Performing Arts tickets for 01/13 08:00 PM at Community Theatre At Mayo Center For The Performing Arts, Morristown, NJ
- Fri Jan 13 2017
- Capitol Steps, Bergen Performing Arts Center tickets for 01/14 08:00 PM at Bergen Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ
- Sat Jan 14 2017
- Capitol Steps, Capitol Center For The Arts - NH tickets for 03/03 08:00 PM at Capitol Center For The Arts NH, Concord, NH
- Fri Mar 03 2017
The Capitol Steps were formed in the year 1981. Jim Aidala, Bill Strauss and Elaina Newport were congressional staffers. The trio spent their spare time coming up with parody songs on various events that dominated the political landscape during that era. Dave Nichols, Nancy Baskin and Barbie Granzow then joined in on the fun as well. In December, 1981 a Christmas party was arranged by the team of Senator Charles Percy and the group decided to show their talents there for the first time in front of a live audience. The idea was to stage a play but that didn’t materialize. So what they did was to take the stage and come up with hilarious skits and parodies of various songs. It was a brilliant performance that was appreciated by everyone lucky enough to witness it live.
Encouraged by the positive response they got, the Capitol Steps staged a few more of their performances before the year drew to a close. Their reputation started to soar and that called for the introduction of new members to the line-up. That happened in 1982 as several new faces hopped onboard. The founding members of the group were all Republicans but a lot of new members were supporters of Democrats as well. That played a big part in helping them shape their acts on more neutral lines. No one from Republicans or the Democrats was spared and that diversity brought them more encouragement and the group decided to get out and perform for the general public.
The Capitol Steps achieved that milestone in 1983 as they began to perform monthly gigs at the Shoreham Hotel. That was the first time they had stepped out of their workplace to perform publicly. The performance got a lot of positive feedback from every corner and that brought them into the notice of the masses in some style. In 1984 they finally decided to make the group professional and came up with their first release which was titled Capitol Steps Live! At The Shoreham. Their popularity continued to soar and they added new members to their ranks over the next few years. In 1987, the members of the Capitol Steps took the decision to quite their jobs to solely concentrate on the running of the group and the performances.
Their first appearance at the White House came in 1987. The live audience at that event consisted of the President Ronald Reagan and his wife along with numerous members of the congress. The president requested the group to make fun of him and the group obliged with a performance that was thoroughly enjoyed by the head of the state. Reagan wasn’t the last president to be on the receiving end of the Capitol Steps humor. Gorge H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush all have had to face the brunt of their humorous tongues over the years.
The Capitol Steps have given political humor a new direction. They have released well over thirty albums and have received some of the most prestigious awards in the business. It has been over three decades since they first took to the stage and are still showing no signs of stopping anytime soon. The group now consists of over twenty five members who have kept the standards high and have kept on adding new chapter to their legacy. So grab your Capitol Steps tickets and be a part of their latest tour for one incredible ride.