Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Tickets
The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers refers to the various athletics teams which play for the “Western Kentucky University”. The Hilltoppers is the name given to all the men’s sports team, while the Lady Toppers is the one given to the women’s teams. There are 17 teams classified as varsity that play for 11 sports programs. As a whole, they have been categorized under the “National Collegiate Athletic Association” or the NCAA. In 2013, they were further put under the “Sun Belt Conference” subset.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Venues
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Bryant-Denny Stadium
- Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Hawkins Field
- Auburn Tigers vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Jane B. Moore Field
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Murphy Center
- Rice Owls vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Reckling Park
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Cities
Latest Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Events
- Auburn Tigers vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Jane B. Moore Field tickets for 02/12 05:30 PM at Jane B. Moore Field, Auburn, AL
- Fri Feb 12 2016
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Murphy Center tickets for 02/25 06:00 PM at Murphy Center, Murfreesboro, TN
- Thu Feb 25 2016
- Rice Owls vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Reckling Park tickets for 04/15 06:30 PM at Reckling Park, Houston, TX
- Fri Apr 15 2016
- Rice Owls vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Reckling Park tickets for 04/16 02:00 PM at Reckling Park, Houston, TX
- Sat Apr 16 2016
- Rice Owls vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Reckling Park tickets for 04/17 01:00 PM at Reckling Park, Houston, TX
- Sun Apr 17 2016
- Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Hawkins Field tickets for 05/03 06:30 PM at Hawkins Field, Nashville, TN
- Tue May 03 2016
Their most popularly played sport is football, the games of which are held at the "Houchens Industries L.T. Smith Stadium". Basketball is also very popular among the students—the "E. A. Diddle Arena" is often buzzing during basketball season as students from WKU and other competing universities participate. Baseball is also one of the top sports and takes place in the "Nick Denes Field" ballpark. The official colors of all the sports teams are red and white, while the official mascot is Big Red. Up until 2010, Ross Bjork held the seat for the senior athletic director. He was then replaced by Dr. Wood Selig, while Bjork moved onto Ole Miss for the same spot. The new sports season is set to begin very soon at the university, so Western Kentucky Hilltoppers tickets have already hit the market.
Perhaps the most popular sport played at the campus is basketball. It is famous because it is played both by men and women by the same vigor. Their program is widely recognized all over the country and is even considered to be among the top 4 collegiate basketball programs. Up until 2012, Ken McDonald was the head coach. Since his resignation, Ray Harper has been filling in until a permanent one is assigned. The team has one of the highest winning percentages in NCAA history, and is placed at number 8 overall. The basketball players have been victorious over 1600 times and have won 40 seasons overall. They have also made 28 appearances in the All-American tournaments along with 34 in the Postseason series. Throughout the 1990s, the women’s team out performed the men’s team and held a higher profile in the national championships. More recently, however, the men’s team has improved their game and is matching the success of the women’s team.
Football is also one of the more popular sports in campus. This particular sports program has been inducted into the "Gateway Conference". This is an important milestone for a football team because it makes it eligible to become a Division I member. So far, they have managed to become a part of the "Sun Belt Conference".
Golf is also a successful sports team of the university, having won 10 championships. Although this sport was more popular in the 1950s and 60s, it is being revived at the campus once more.
This season is sure to bring back some exciting games, and old rivalries, such as the one held with Middle Tennessee and the "Eastern Kentucky University". Western Kentucky Hilltoppers tickets will be available for all these games.