Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Tickets
The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers refers to the various athletics teams which play for the “Western Kentucky University”. The Hilltoppers is the name given to all the men’s sports team, while the Lady Toppers is the one given to the women’s teams. There are 17 teams classified as varsity that play for 11 sports programs. As a whole, they have been categorized under the “National Collegiate Athletic Association” or the NCAA. In 2013, they were further put under the “Sun Belt Conference” subset.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Venues
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Cities
Latest Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Events
- Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Joan C Edwards Stadium tickets for 11/28 12:00 PM Joan C Edwards Stadium
- Fri Nov 28 2014
- Mississippi Rebels vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Tad Smith Coliseum tickets for 12/13 03:30 PM Tad Smith Coliseum
- Sat Dec 13 2014
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Chicago State Cougars, Diddle Arena tickets for 12/17 03:30 AM Diddle Arena
- Wed Dec 17 2014
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Louisville Cardinals, Diddle Arena tickets for 12/20 11:00 AM Diddle Arena
- Sat Dec 20 2014
- Louisiana Tech Bulldogs vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Thomas Assembly Center tickets for 01/29 06:00 PM Thomas Assembly Center
- Thu Jan 29 2015
- Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Reed Green Coliseum tickets for 01/31 03:30 AM Reed Green Coliseum
- Sat Jan 31 2015
- Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Cam Henderson Center tickets for 02/14 03:30 AM Cam Henderson Center
- Sat Feb 14 2015
- Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Vanderbilt Stadium tickets for 09/05 03:30 AM Vanderbilt Stadium
- Sat Sep 05 2015
- LSU Tigers vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Tiger Stadium tickets for 10/24 03:30 AM Tiger Stadium
- Sat Oct 24 2015
Their most popularly played sport is football, the games of which are held at the "Houchens Industries L.T. Smith Stadium". Basketball is also very popular among the students—the "E. A. Diddle Arena" is often buzzing during basketball season as students from WKU and other competing universities participate. Baseball is also one of the top sports and takes place in the "Nick Denes Field" ballpark. The official colors of all the sports teams are red and white, while the official mascot is Big Red. Up until 2010, Ross Bjork held the seat for the senior athletic director. He was then replaced by Dr. Wood Selig, while Bjork moved onto Ole Miss for the same spot. The new sports season is set to begin very soon at the university, so Western Kentucky Hilltoppers tickets have already hit the market.
Perhaps the most popular sport played at the campus is basketball. It is famous because it is played both by men and women by the same vigor. Their program is widely recognized all over the country and is even considered to be among the top 4 collegiate basketball programs. Up until 2012, Ken McDonald was the head coach. Since his resignation, Ray Harper has been filling in until a permanent one is assigned. The team has one of the highest winning percentages in NCAA history, and is placed at number 8 overall. The basketball players have been victorious over 1600 times and have won 40 seasons overall. They have also made 28 appearances in the All-American tournaments along with 34 in the Postseason series. Throughout the 1990s, the women’s team out performed the men’s team and held a higher profile in the national championships. More recently, however, the men’s team has improved their game and is matching the success of the women’s team.
Football is also one of the more popular sports in campus. This particular sports program has been inducted into the "Gateway Conference". This is an important milestone for a football team because it makes it eligible to become a Division I member. So far, they have managed to become a part of the "Sun Belt Conference".
Golf is also a successful sports team of the university, having won 10 championships. Although this sport was more popular in the 1950s and 60s, it is being revived at the campus once more.
This season is sure to bring back some exciting games, and old rivalries, such as the one held with Middle Tennessee and the "Eastern Kentucky University". Western Kentucky Hilltoppers tickets will be available for all these games.