Utah State Aggies Tickets
The Utah State Aggies football team represents Utah State University in the NCAA Division I FBS football season. The Aggies home games are scheduled to take place at the Romney Stadium. This is the first season that the Aggies will participate as members of the Mountain West Conference in the Mountain Division. Utah State Aggies tickets promise an exciting season, with new Head Coach, Matt Wells taking over and capitalizing on their success of the previous season.
Utah State Aggies Venues
Utah State Aggies Cities
Latest Utah State Aggies Events
- San Diego State Aztecs vs. Utah State Aggies, Viejas Arena At Aztec Bowl tickets for 01/31 05:00 PM Viejas Arena At Aztec Bowl
- Sat Jan 31 2015
- Utah State Aggies vs. Boise State Broncos, Glen Smith Spectrum tickets for 02/03 07:30 PM Glen Smith Spectrum
- Tue Feb 03 2015
- New Mexico Lobos vs. Utah State Aggies, The Pit (Formerly University Arena NM) tickets for 02/07 03:30 AM The Pit (Formerly University Arena NM)
- Sat Feb 07 2015
- San Jose State Spartans vs. Utah State Aggies, San Jose State University Event Center tickets for 02/18 07:00 PM San Jose State University Event Center
- Wed Feb 18 2015
- Utah State Aggies vs. UNLV Rebels, Glen Smith Spectrum tickets for 02/24 07:30 PM Glen Smith Spectrum
- Tue Feb 24 2015
- Air Force Falcons vs. Utah State Aggies, Clune Arena tickets for 02/28 12:00 PM Clune Arena
- Sat Feb 28 2015
- Utah State Aggies vs. Colorado State Rams, Glen Smith Spectrum tickets for 03/07 07:00 PM Glen Smith Spectrum
- Sat Mar 07 2015
- Utah Utes vs. Utah State Aggies, Rice Eccles Stadium tickets for 09/12 03:30 AM Rice Eccles Stadium
- Sat Sep 12 2015
- Washington Huskies vs. Utah State Aggies, Husky Stadium WA tickets for 09/19 03:30 AM Husky Stadium WA
- Sat Sep 19 2015
Located in Logan, Utah, the University is the largest public residential campus in the region. It houses approximately sixteen thousand people. Logan has a population of approximately fifty thousand people and has a reputation as being one of the safest metropolitan areas in the United States.
Utah State University began as a land grant, agricultural college. Sports teams from the university were called the Aggies. After a while, the name became official and since then, USU teams have been nicknamed the Aggies. The official color of the university was selected to be blue in 1901. Due to their official color, they feature a blue bull as their mascot. The image of a bull was first seen in 1975, the following year ‘Big Blue’ was officially adopted as USU’s mascot.
Initially named the Agricultural College of Utah, it opened for enrollment in September 1890. The college underwent a huge transformation during the First World War, as more brick structures were added to hold the temporary Student Army Training Corps. By 1957 the name was changed to Utah State University as it met the University requirements offering various degrees.
Ranked as one of the ‘Best Western’ schools according to the Princeton Review, the university greatly contributes to the aerospace research in terms of funding and the number of student experiments. Notable alumni include Merlin Olsen, who went on to become a professional football player in the NFL and was inducted in the pro football Hall of Fame. Merlin Olsen field, in the Romney Stadium is named after him.
The Utah State Aggies football team has won the conference championship a total number of six times in 1978, 1979, 1993, 1996, 1997 and 2012. The Romney Stadium is named after former athletics director and Utah State’s all-time most successful football coach, Dick Romney. It is the home ground of the Aggies and they have a .57 winning percentage at the venue. The highest, record turnout was on October 4, 1996 when 33,119 people showed up to witness a 45-17 defeat to BYU. Currently the stadium has a capacity of almost twenty five thousand, five hundred.
Following their most successful football season, the Aggies have their confidence high as they start their new campaign. Do not miss the chance to get Utah State Aggies tickets and support the new, uplifted team as they take on the Wyoming Cowboys, Colorado Sate Rams and the rest.