Tulsa Golden Hurricane Tickets
The Tulsa Golden Hurricanes are the sports teams that represent the University of Tulsa. The Golden Hurricanes football team competes in NCAA’s Division I, Football Bowl Subdivision. They recently became members of the American Athletic Conference, prior to which they used to play in the Conference USA. The head coach of the Golden Hurricanes is Bill Blankenship, who is in his third year with the team. Blankenship is a former Hurricane quarterback himself and played in the seventies. The Golden Hurricanes have made a good start, winning the first game against their conference opponents, the Tulane Green Waves. Get Tulsa Golden Hurricane tickets and watch them play against different teams such as the Sooners, Owls and the Rams.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane Venues
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane Bright House Networks Stadium
- UCF Knights vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane CFE Arena (Formerly UCF Arena)
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane Fedex Forum
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane Houston Football Stadium
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane Hughes Stadium - CO
- Temple Owls vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane Liacouras Center
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane Liberty Bowl Stadium
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane Lincoln Financial Field
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium
- South Florida Bulls vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane USF Sundome
- UConn Huskies vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane XL Center - (Formerly Hartford Civic Center)
Tulsa Golden Hurricane Cities
Latest Tulsa Golden Hurricane Events
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Texas State Bobcats, Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium tickets for 09/27 03:30 AM at Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium, Tulsa, OK
- Sat Sep 27 2014
- Colorado State Rams vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Hughes Stadium - CO tickets for 10/04 03:30 AM at Hughes Stadium CO, Fort Collins, CO
- Sat Oct 04 2014
- Temple Owls vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Lincoln Financial Field tickets for 10/11 03:30 AM at Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
- Sat Oct 11 2014
- Memphis Tigers vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Liberty Bowl Stadium tickets for 10/31 07:00 PM at Liberty Bowl Stadium, Memphis, TN
- Fri Oct 31 2014
- UCF Knights vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Bright House Networks Stadium tickets for 11/14 03:30 AM at Bright House Networks Stadium, Orlando, FL
- Fri Nov 14 2014
- Houston Cougars vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Houston Football Stadium tickets for 11/22 03:30 AM at Houston Football Stadium, Houston, TX
- Sat Nov 22 2014
- UConn Huskies vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane (WOMEN), Hartford Civic Center tickets for 01/07 07:00 PM at Hartford Civic Center, Hartford, CT
- Wed Jan 07 2015
The Tulsa Golden Hurricanes, based in Tulsa Oklohoma, play their home games at the H.A. Chapman Stadium. The team has recently made enormous improvements and has made it to nineteen Bowl Games in eight of the last eleven seasons they played in. They have won two Conference titles in their current conference and four West Division titles. Many of their former players, such as Charles Clay and Tyrunn Walker have gone in to pro football and have had successful careers in the NFL. Get Tulsa Golden Hurricane tickets and watch the team give their best in the football field.
The Tulsa Golden Hurricanes began playing in 1907, when they moved to Tulsa from Muskogee. Among the first few coaches, Francis Schmidt stands out as a noticeable individual. He spent three years with the team and racked up massive wins for the Hurricanes. He came to be known as Francis "Close the Gates of Mercy" Schmidt, as he got his team to notch up big scores against opposing teams. The Hurricanes defeated teams by scores of 152-0, 121-0 and 92-0. In 1922 the team got its official permanent name of the Tulsa Golden Hurricanes, after the decision to name the team was put to a vote.
A golden period for the Hurricanes came in the forties, under the coaching of Henry Frnka. The Hurricanes made it to five straight bowl berths and became the first ever school to appear in consecutive New Year’s Day Bowl Games. Glenn Dobbs took over the role of head coach in the sixties and his influential tenure reshaped the football of Tulsa.
In contrast to popular belief that games are won by running, Dobb stressed on passing as the key to winning games. Tulsa’s 1964 team was recognized as the best passing team that had taken field for decades. The team broke twenty NCAA records for total passing, scoring, receiving and offense. The impressive stats the Hurricanes showed, brought two of their players back to back Heisman Trophy Runners up finishes.
Tulsa joined the Western Athletic Conference in 1996, but have little to show for their time in the league. They had only one winning season in nine years spent in the league. In 2005 they Golden Hurricanes became part of the Conference USA. In their first season they lifted the conference championship. In 2008 they defeated the Falcons in the GMAC Bowl by the largest margin ever recorded in a NCAA Bowl Game. The Hurricanes won by a score line of sixty three to seven. In 2012, they lifted the conference championship for a second time, defeating UCF in overtime.
The mascot of the team is Captain Cane. The Tulsa University has developed an interesting story regarding the origins of Captain Cane. He can be seen wielding his sword, which is shaped like a lightning bolt at home games. Get Tulsa Golden Hurricane tickets and support the Hurricanes along with Captain Cane.
Q:Are you offering a two for one deal for Tulsa Hurricane Discount Tickets?
A:No, you can get Tulsa Golden Hurricane Tickets on individual discounted rates but the offer for two for one deal is not there.