Stanford Cardinal Tickets
Your favorite event of the year, the Stanford Cardinal is just around the corner with some exciting sports to offer. Stanford Cardinal is the nickname of the sports teams at Stanford University, which is a top ranked institution with an FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) program. The university has an extremely successful sports tradition, with popular sports such as football, baseball, basketball and many others. Your Stanford Cardinal tickets await you, so hurry up and claim your seats to this exciting event and have the time of your life!
Stanford Cardinal Venues
- Stanford Cardinal Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion
- Stanford Cardinal Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum
- Stanford Cardinal Coors Event Center
- Stanford Cardinal Frank Erwin Center
- Stanford Cardinal Galen Center
- Stanford Cardinal Haas Pavilion
- Stanford Cardinal Jon M. Huntsman Center
- Stanford Cardinal Levi's Stadium
- Stanford Cardinal Maples Pavilion
- Stanford Cardinal Mckale Center
- Stanford Cardinal Pauley Pavilion - UCLA
- Stanford Cardinal Thompson Boling Arena
Stanford Cardinal Cities
- Stanford Cardinal Austin TX
- Stanford Cardinal Berkeley CA
- Stanford Cardinal Boulder CO
- Stanford Cardinal Knoxville TN
- Stanford Cardinal Los Angeles CA
- Stanford Cardinal Pullman WA
- Stanford Cardinal Salt Lake City UT
- Stanford Cardinal Santa Clara CA
- Stanford Cardinal Seattle WA
- Stanford Cardinal Stanford CA
- Stanford Cardinal Tucson AZ
Latest Stanford Cardinal Events
- Tennessee Lady Vols vs. Stanford Cardinal (WOMEN), Thompson Boling Arena tickets for 12/20 03:30 AM at Thompson Boling Arena, Knoxville, TN
- Sat Dec 20 2014
- Texas Longhorns vs. Stanford Cardinal, Frank Erwin Center tickets for 12/23 06:00 PM at Frank Erwin Center, Austin, TX
- Tue Dec 23 2014
- Stanford Cardinal vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions, Maples Pavilion tickets for 12/29 08:00 PM at Maples Pavilion, Stanford, CA
- Mon Dec 29 2014
- Foster Farms Bowl: Maryland Terrapins vs. Stanford Cardinal, Levi's Stadium tickets for 12/30 07:00 PM at Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
- Tue Dec 30 2014
- UCLA Bruins vs. Stanford Cardinal, Pauley Pavilion - UCLA tickets for 01/08 06:00 PM at Pauley Pavilion UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- Thu Jan 08 2015
- California Golden Bears vs. Stanford Cardinal, Haas Pavilion tickets for 01/14 08:00 PM at Haas Pavilion, Berkeley, CA
- Wed Jan 14 2015
- Washington Huskies vs. Stanford Cardinal, Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion tickets for 01/28 08:00 PM at Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion, Seattle, WA
- Wed Jan 28 2015
- Washington State Cougars vs. Stanford Cardinal, Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum tickets for 01/31 05:00 PM at Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum, Pullman, WA
- Sat Jan 31 2015
- Utah Utes vs. Stanford Cardinal, Jon M. Huntsman Center tickets for 02/12 07:00 PM at Jon M. Huntsman Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- Thu Feb 12 2015
- Colorado Buffaloes vs. Stanford Cardinal, Coors Event Center tickets for 02/15 02:00 PM at Coors Event Center, Boulder, CO
- Sun Feb 15 2015
The Stanford Cardinal was founded in 1892. The vivid red color, called cardinal was chosen for the athletic teams of Stanford University after its win over the California Golden Bears in the first Big Game (an annual football game between the Stanford University and the University of California) in 1892. Later, in the 1940s, white was picked as a secondary color. The "Indian" was chosen as the mascot for the athletic teams of the university. Later, this mascot was dropped by President Richard Lyman in 1972, because of a vote by the student senate and the objections of Native American students. The official nickname for the teams remained the Cardinals between the period of 1972 to 1981. Despite the fact that the name was plural, it was a reference to the color, and not the bird. Several suggestions were put forth during the 1970s, as possible nicknames for the teams, such as Robber Barons (a reference to Leland Stanford's history), Trees, Sequoias, Railroaders, Spikes, Griffins and Huns. Students even as far as to move two griffin statues near the athletic facilities in the university. School President Donald Kennedy announced on the 17th of November, 1981 that the sports teams be represented by the color Cardinal in singular form.
There is no official mascot of Stanford University. However, the Stanford Tree, which is basically a member of the Stanford Band in a tree costume, is shown at major Stanford sports events. The Stanford Tree is the representative of the tree that appears both on the municipal seal of Palo Alto, a city near Stanford, and the official seal of the university.
Bob Bowlsby is the athletic director of the Stanford Cardinal. Their football games are played in the Stanford Stadium which was built in 1921. The Stadium has the capacity to hold fifty thousand people. Basketball games are played in the Maples Pavilion, Baseball games in the Sunken Diamond and other games are held at the Taube Tennis Center. Come Join the Band is the official song of the teams. The Cardinals have won one hundred and thirteen national championships through the spring sports season of 2010. Ninety-nine out of these are NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) championships, which is the second among all universities, after UCLA, which is the first. Sixty out of these ninety-nine championships are in men's sports (third after UCLA and USC) and thirty-nine are in women's events, the most in any university. Stanford is also the holder of the most NCAA sports titles with four hundred and twenty-one championships, with USC following at three hundred and fifty-eight and Texas at three hundred and three. Stanford Cardinal has also won the NACDA Director's Cup for Division I, which is annually awarded to the university or college with the most success in college athletics, for sixteen years in a row (1994-95 to 2009-10).
Stanford Cardina l 's championships have occurred in various sports both for men and for women such as baseball, basketball, golf, cross country, football, gymnastics, swimming and diving, tennis, volleyball, outdoor track and field, water polo and rowing. The Stanford Athletic Hall of Fame was founded on the 21st of December, 1954. The first class of inductees in the Hall of Fame included thirty-four Stanford sports players. Annually, new members are inducted and recognized during halftime of a home football game. Stanford players have also been very well-represented at the Olympics. Forty-seven current or former student athletes were sent to the 2008 Olympics at Beijing. Thirty out of these competed for the United States, one as a coach for the softball team of the United States and fourteen for other countries. All in all, Stanford athletes managed to secure twenty-five medals.
It is time for this mega sports event again, so all you sports fan out there should head out to get your Stanford Cardinal tickets right away if you want to experience the fun, thrill and excitement!
Q:I am looking for cheap cardinal tickets. Can you help me?
A:Sure! we are offering Stanford Cardinal Tickets at comparatively cheaper rates. Check the rate list online and order right away!
Q:Can i get student discount for stanford cardinal university football tickets?
A:We don't offer special student discounts Stanford Cardinal Tickets. You can get them on individually discounted rates as early as possible.