Stanford Cardinal Tickets
Your favorite event of the year, the Stanford Cardinal is just around the corner with some exciting sports to offer. Stanford Cardinal is the nickname of the sports teams at Stanford University, which is a top ranked institution with an FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) program. The university has an extremely successful sports tradition, with popular sports such as football, baseball, basketball and many others. Your Stanford Cardinal tickets await you, so hurry up and claim your seats to this exciting event and have the time of your life!
Stanford Cardinal Venues
- Stanford Cardinal Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion
- Stanford Cardinal Coors Event Center
- Stanford Cardinal Folsom Field
- Stanford Cardinal Gill Coliseum
- Stanford Cardinal Haas Pavilion
- Stanford Cardinal Jon M. Huntsman Center
- Stanford Cardinal Maples Pavilion
- Stanford Cardinal Martin Stadium
- Stanford Cardinal Matthew Knight Arena
- Stanford Cardinal Mckale Center
- Stanford Cardinal Stanford Stadium
- Stanford Cardinal Wells Fargo Arena - AZ
Stanford Cardinal Cities
Latest Stanford Cardinal Events
- Stanford Cardinal vs. Arizona Wildcats, Stanford Stadium tickets for 10/03 07:30 PM at Stanford Stadium, Stanford, CA
- Sat Oct 03 2015
- Stanford Cardinal vs. UCLA Bruins, Stanford Stadium tickets for 10/15 07:30 PM at Stanford Stadium, Stanford, CA
- Thu Oct 15 2015
- Stanford Cardinal vs. Washington Huskies, Stanford Stadium tickets for 10/24 03:30 AM at Stanford Stadium, Stanford, CA
- Sat Oct 24 2015
- Washington State Cougars vs. Stanford Cardinal, Martin Stadium tickets for 10/31 03:30 AM at Martin Stadium, Pullman, WA
- Sat Oct 31 2015
- Colorado Buffaloes vs. Stanford Cardinal, Folsom Field tickets for 11/07 03:30 AM at Folsom Field, Boulder, CO
- Sat Nov 07 2015
- Stanford Cardinal vs. Oregon Ducks, Stanford Stadium tickets for 11/14 03:30 AM at Stanford Stadium, Stanford, CA
- Sat Nov 14 2015
- Oregon State Beavers vs. Stanford Cardinal, Gill Coliseum tickets for 01/06 08:00 PM at Gill Coliseum, Corvallis, OR
- Wed Jan 06 2016
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal, Matthew Knight Arena tickets for 01/10 07:00 PM at Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR
- Sun Jan 10 2016
- Colorado Buffaloes vs. Stanford Cardinal, Coors Event Center tickets for 01/27 07:00 PM at Coors Event Center, Boulder, CO
- Wed Jan 27 2016
- Utah Utes vs. Stanford Cardinal, Jon M. Huntsman Center tickets for 01/30 03:00 PM at Jon M. Huntsman Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- Sat Jan 30 2016
- California Golden Bears Vs. Stanford Cardinal, Haas Pavilion tickets for 02/06 01:00 PM at Haas Pavilion, Berkeley, CA
- Sat Feb 06 2016
- Washington Huskies vs. Stanford Cardinal, Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion tickets for 02/20 05:00 PM at Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion, Seattle, WA
- Sat Feb 20 2016
- Arizona State Sun Devils Vs. Stanford Cardinal, Wells Fargo Arena - AZ tickets for 03/03 09:00 PM at Wells Fargo Arena AZ, Tempe, AZ
- Thu Mar 03 2016
The Stanford Cardinal was founded in 1892. The vivid red color, called cardinal was chosen for the athletic teams of Stanford University after its win over the California Golden Bears in the first Big Game (an annual football game between the Stanford University and the University of California) in 1892. Later, in the 1940s, white was picked as a secondary color. The "Indian" was chosen as the mascot for the athletic teams of the university. Later, this mascot was dropped by President Richard Lyman in 1972, because of a vote by the student senate and the objections of Native American students. The official nickname for the teams remained the Cardinals between the period of 1972 to 1981. Despite the fact that the name was plural, it was a reference to the color, and not the bird. Several suggestions were put forth during the 1970s, as possible nicknames for the teams, such as Robber Barons (a reference to Leland Stanford's history), Trees, Sequoias, Railroaders, Spikes, Griffins and Huns. Students even as far as to move two griffin statues near the athletic facilities in the university. School President Donald Kennedy announced on the 17th of November, 1981 that the sports teams be represented by the color Cardinal in singular form.
There is no official mascot of Stanford University. However, the Stanford Tree, which is basically a member of the Stanford Band in a tree costume, is shown at major Stanford sports events. The Stanford Tree is the representative of the tree that appears both on the municipal seal of Palo Alto, a city near Stanford, and the official seal of the university.
Bob Bowlsby is the athletic director of the Stanford Cardinal. Their football games are played in the Stanford Stadium which was built in 1921. The Stadium has the capacity to hold fifty thousand people. Basketball games are played in the Maples Pavilion, Baseball games in the Sunken Diamond and other games are held at the Taube Tennis Center. Come Join the Band is the official song of the teams. The Cardinals have won one hundred and thirteen national championships through the spring sports season of 2010. Ninety-nine out of these are NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) championships, which is the second among all universities, after UCLA, which is the first. Sixty out of these ninety-nine championships are in men's sports (third after UCLA and USC) and thirty-nine are in women's events, the most in any university. Stanford is also the holder of the most NCAA sports titles with four hundred and twenty-one championships, with USC following at three hundred and fifty-eight and Texas at three hundred and three. Stanford Cardinal has also won the NACDA Director's Cup for Division I, which is annually awarded to the university or college with the most success in college athletics, for sixteen years in a row (1994-95 to 2009-10).
Stanford Cardina l 's championships have occurred in various sports both for men and for women such as baseball, basketball, golf, cross country, football, gymnastics, swimming and diving, tennis, volleyball, outdoor track and field, water polo and rowing. The Stanford Athletic Hall of Fame was founded on the 21st of December, 1954. The first class of inductees in the Hall of Fame included thirty-four Stanford sports players. Annually, new members are inducted and recognized during halftime of a home football game. Stanford players have also been very well-represented at the Olympics. Forty-seven current or former student athletes were sent to the 2008 Olympics at Beijing. Thirty out of these competed for the United States, one as a coach for the softball team of the United States and fourteen for other countries. All in all, Stanford athletes managed to secure twenty-five medals.
It is time for this mega sports event again, so all you sports fan out there should head out to get your Stanford Cardinal tickets right away if you want to experience the fun, thrill and excitement!
Q:I am looking for cheap cardinal tickets. Can you help me?
A:Sure! we are offering Stanford Cardinal Tickets at comparatively cheaper rates. Check the rate list online and order right away!
Q:Can i get student discount for stanford cardinal university football tickets?
A:We don't offer special student discounts Stanford Cardinal Tickets. You can get them on individually discounted rates as early as possible.