Southern Methodist Mustangs Tickets
Southern Methodist Mustangs is the name of the athletic teams of Southern Methodist University which include the teams for baseball, basketball, football, soccer and golf. Although all of these teams are equally talented and perform well but one team that stands out from the rest is the university’s football team considering the team’s popularity and sales of Southern Methodist Mustangs tickets for their games.
Southern Methodist Mustangs Venues
Southern Methodist Mustangs Cities
Latest Southern Methodist Mustangs Events
- Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs vs. Baylor Bears, Gerald J. Ford Stadium tickets for 09/04 03:30 AM at Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, TX
- Fri Sep 04 2015
- Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs vs. North Texas Mean Green, Gerald J. Ford Stadium tickets for 09/12 03:30 AM at Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, TX
- Sat Sep 12 2015
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs, Amon Carter Stadium tickets for 09/19 03:30 AM at Amon Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TX
- Sat Sep 19 2015
- Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs vs. James Madison Dukes, Gerald J. Ford Stadium tickets for 09/26 03:30 AM at Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, TX
- Sat Sep 26 2015
- Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs vs. East Carolina Pirates, Gerald J. Ford Stadium tickets for 10/03 03:30 AM at Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, TX
- Sat Oct 03 2015
- South Florida Bulls vs. Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs, Raymond James Stadium tickets for 10/24 03:30 AM at Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
- Sat Oct 24 2015
- Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Gerald J. Ford Stadium tickets for 10/31 03:30 AM at Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, TX
- Sat Oct 31 2015
- Navy Midshipmen vs. Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs, Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium tickets for 11/14 03:30 AM at Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, MD
- Sat Nov 14 2015
To start with, five of the Mustangs got inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame which included Doak Walker (Heisman winner), Eric Dickerson (All-American), Forrest Gregg (twice Super Bowl winner. Vince Lombardi once called Forrest Gregg "the finest player I have ever coached". The Doak Walker Award is named after Doak Walker and is awarded to the "most outstanding college running back". In the three National Championships that the Southern Methodist Mustangs have played, they have won one the Cotton Bowl Classic in 1982. They have also won the Polyester Bowl, an unofficial championship, in the same year. The team has made appearances in 15 bowl games including Rose Bowl and Cotton Bowl Classic.
1935 was a glorious year for Southern Methodist Mustangs where the team scored 288 points while missing only 39. The team gave a tough time to their opponents, beating 8 out of 12; especially to their conference rivals Texas A&M, Baylor, Rice and Texas. This performance established them as one of the strongest and talented teams in the history of the University. The same year, the team was declared national champions by an esteemed professor at the University of Illinois, Frank Dickinson.
Southern Methodist Mustangs plays in the Western Division of the American Conference. The team played its first season in 1915 and has since won 3 National Championships and 11 Conference Titles. June Jones is the head coach of the team who was recruited in 2008 with a five-year contract. He came from the University of Hawai’i and was the best coach in the school’s history. The team plays its home games at the Gerald J. Ford Stadium which opened in 1999 and has a capacity of 32,000.
The biggest rival of Southern Methodist Mustangs is Texas Christian University. The two teams have competed every year, except 2006, aiming for the Iron Skillet. The games between these two are the most memorable. The Mustangs also compete with Rice University every year to win Battle for the Mayor’s Cup. One notable event in the history of the Mustangs is the "death penalty" where the Infractions Committee of the NCAA voted for SMU to cancel its 1987 football season. Disappointed, SMU declared a self-imposed death penalty and cancelled the 1988 season as well.
With Peruna, the team’s mascot, Mustangs’ games are made fun; apart from the thrill that comes from watching the game itself. Over the years, the team has kept on growing and has brought pride to its school. Fans find it hard to miss even a single game of their favorite champs and in return they are entertained with a thrilling game, at the cost of just a few Southern Methodist Mustangs tickets.