Rodriguez is a Mexican American folk and rock musician from Detroit, Michigan who has been active in American music since the late sixties. He is a singer, songwriter and guitarist, as well as a poet. He has also worked as an excavation and demolition worker. He debuted into the American music scene in 1967, performing until 1973. After six years, he resumed playing music in 1979, playing for three more years. He has been fully active since 1998 with his music released by such record labels as RCA Records, Sussex Records, Light in the Attic and Impact Records. Rodriguez tickets for his many concerts are often on sale all over the US.
- Rodriguez Carnegie Library Music Hall Of Homestead
- Rodriguez Francis Winspear Centre
- Rodriguez Hoyt Sherman Auditorium
- Rodriguez Klein Memorial Auditorium
- Rodriguez Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall
- Rodriguez Massey Hall
- Rodriguez Metropolis - Montreal
- Rodriguez Orpheum Theatre - Vancouver
- Rodriguez Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
- Rodriguez State Theatre - MN
- Rodriguez Tarrytown Music Hall
- Rodriguez TCU Place
- Rodriguez The Space at Westbury
- Rodriguez Troy Savings Bank Music Hall
- Rodriguez Vic Theatre
- Rodriguez Bridgeport CT
- Rodriguez Calgary AB
- Rodriguez Chicago IL
- Rodriguez Des Moines IA
- Rodriguez Edmonton AB
- Rodriguez Homestead PA
- Rodriguez Minneapolis MN
- Rodriguez Montreal QC
- Rodriguez Saskatoon SK
- Rodriguez Tarrytown NY
- Rodriguez Toronto ON
- Rodriguez Troy NY
- Rodriguez Vancouver BC
- Rodriguez Westbury NY
- Rodriguez Winnipeg MB
- Rodriguez, Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium tickets for 08/03 08:00 PM at Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Calgary, AB
- Thu Aug 03 2017
- Rodriguez, Orpheum Theatre - Vancouver tickets for 08/05 08:00 PM at Orpheum Theatre Vancouver, Vancouver, BC
- Sat Aug 05 2017
- Rodriguez, Francis Winspear Centre tickets for 08/09 08:00 PM at Francis Winspear Centre, Edmonton, AB
- Wed Aug 09 2017
- Rodriguez, Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall tickets for 08/13 08:00 PM at Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall, Winnipeg, MB
- Sun Aug 13 2017
- Rodriguez, Carnegie Library Music Hall Of Homestead tickets for 09/13 08:00 PM at Carnegie Library Music Hall Of Homestead, Homestead, PA
- Wed Sep 13 2017
- Rodriguez, Metropolis - Montreal tickets for 09/19 08:00 PM at Metropolis Montreal, Montreal, QC
- Tue Sep 19 2017
- Rodriguez, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 09/21 08:00 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY
- Thu Sep 21 2017
- Rodriguez, Klein Memorial Auditorium tickets for 09/23 08:00 PM at Klein Memorial Auditorium, Bridgeport, CT
- Sat Sep 23 2017
- Rodriguez, Troy Savings Bank Music Hall tickets for 09/25 07:30 PM at Troy Savings Bank Music Hall, Troy, NY
- Mon Sep 25 2017
- Rodriguez, The Space at Westbury tickets for 09/27 08:00 PM at The Space at Westbury, Westbury, NY
- Wed Sep 27 2017
- Rodriguez, State Theatre - MN tickets for 10/08 07:00 PM at State Theatre MN, Minneapolis, MN
- Sun Oct 08 2017
Rodriguez’s career is one of the most unusual in the world of music. He debuted in the seventies, releasing two albums, and toured Australia. Unknown to him, his music became very successful in South Africa, being very influential in the country, particularly with many anti–apartheid activists. Rumored to be dead in South Africa, many of his fans were unaware that he was living and he, similarly, was unaware that he had a huge fan following in South Africa, with his albums going platinum. Fortunately, fans managed to contact him after his eldest daughter came upon a website dedicated to him. This story, one of the most captivating of all time, is told in the documentary movie, Searching for Sugar Man, which was released in 2012 and went on to an Academy Award.
Rodriguez became famous in many parts of the world, particular in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Australia and New Zealand. Unlike in the US, his albums sold out and were often re–released, with a compilation album released by Blue Goose Music in 1973. In 1979, he toured Australia with the Mark Gillespie Band supporting him, whose shows were released in the shape of an album, Alive. In 1981, he returned to Australia for another time, this time supported by Midnight Oil. Following that, he began working normal jobs such as those of a demolition worker and continued fighting for the rights of the working class.
Unknown to him, his album At His Best had gone platinum in South Africa, with his music compared to that of Bob Dylan and even used as anti–Apartheid anthems. He influenced many musicians who protested against the Apartheid government, with a activists such as Steve Biko ardent Rodriguez fans. In 1991, his albums were released as CDs, propelling him to even more fame. However, details of his life were still unknown to South African fans, who assumed him dead, until his eldest daughter found a website dedicated to him in 1998.
Following that, he went on his very first tour of South Africa, playing concerts in front of thousands of fans, with each of them sold out in terms of Rodriguez tickets. A documentary on the tour, titled Dead Men Don’t Tour was released and screened on SABC TV. He then toured in Sweden and returned to play again in South Africa, in two more tours in 2001 and 2005. He is famous for the song Sugar Man, which has been covered many times by many bands, as well as been sampled by many a DJ. In 2007 and 2010, he performed in Australia again, playing at the East Cost Blues & Roots Music Festival. He also played concerts in Sydney and Melbourne. His songs have been featured in such movies as Candy, released in 2006 and starring the iconic Heath Ledger.
His two albums, Coming from Reality and Cold Fact, were re–released in 2009 by Light in the Attic Records. Following the release of the Academy Award winning movie, Searching for Sugar Man, he has gained massive worldwide, particularly in the US and Europe. He has played on such shows as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and the Late Show with David Letterman. Feature stories on him have been done, including interviews by the likes of CNN. He has been featured on 60 Minutes, The Andrew Marr Show and BBC’s Later…with Jools Holland. He is set to perform many a concert in the US, including at such festivals at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
Comedy season is here and is packed with epic matchups. You can catch all the action live as it happens. Next event will be Rodriguez, held at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium in Calgary. As of now, the last event, Rodriguez is scheduled for 12-Oct-17 at the Hoyt Sherman Auditorium in Des Moines. For complete itinerary of events, please visit our website.
|Rodriguez||Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium||Calgary, AB||Thu Aug 03 201708/03 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Orpheum Theatre - Vancouver||Vancouver, BC||Sat Aug 05 201708/05 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Francis Winspear Centre||Edmonton, AB||Wed Aug 09 201708/09 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||TCU Place||Saskatoon, SK||Fri Aug 11 201708/11 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall||Winnipeg, MB||Sun Aug 13 201708/13 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Carnegie Library Music Hall Of Homestead||Homestead, PA||Wed Sep 13 201709/13 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Massey Hall||Toronto, ON||Fri Sep 15 201709/15 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Metropolis - Montreal||Montreal, QC||Tue Sep 19 201709/19 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Tarrytown Music Hall||Tarrytown, NY||Thu Sep 21 201709/21 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Klein Memorial Auditorium||Bridgeport, CT||Sat Sep 23 201709/23 08:00 PM|
Rodriguez Tickets Prices
The average price for Rodriguez Tickets start from $106. The minimum get in price is $61 for Rodriguez Tickets at the Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall, Winnipeg. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.