Rodriguez is a Mexican American folk and rock musician from Detroit, Michigan who has been active in American music since the late sixties. He is a singer, songwriter and guitarist, as well as a poet. He has also worked as an excavation and demolition worker. He debuted into the American music scene in 1967, performing until 1973. After six years, he resumed playing music in 1979, playing for three more years. He has been fully active since 1998 with his music released by such record labels as RCA Records, Sussex Records, Light in the Attic and Impact Records. Rodriguez tickets for his many concerts are often on sale all over the US.
- Sun Aug 12 2018Sun Aug 12 2018
- Buy Rodriguez, Moore Theatre Tickets for 08/12 08:00 PM Rodriguez, Moore Theatre tickets for 08/12 08:00 PM at Moore Theatre, Seattle, WA
- Sun Aug 12 2018
- Tue Aug 14 2018Tue Aug 14 2018
- Buy Rodriguez, Revolution Hall - Portland Tickets for 08/14 08:00 PM Rodriguez, Revolution Hall - Portland tickets for 08/14 08:00 PM at Revolution Hall Portland, Portland, OR
- Tue Aug 14 2018
- Fri Aug 17 2018Fri Aug 17 2018
- Buy Rodriguez, Warfield Tickets for 08/17 08:00 PM Rodriguez, Warfield tickets for 08/17 08:00 PM at Warfield, San Francisco, CA
- Fri Aug 17 2018
- Sun Aug 19 2018Sun Aug 19 2018
- Buy Rodriguez, Mountain Winery Tickets for 08/19 07:30 PM Rodriguez, Mountain Winery tickets for 08/19 07:30 PM at Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA
- Sun Aug 19 2018
- Tue Aug 21 2018Tue Aug 21 2018
- Buy Rodriguez, Granada Theatre - Santa Barbara Tickets for 08/21 07:30 PM Rodriguez, Granada Theatre - Santa Barbara tickets for 08/21 07:30 PM at Granada Theatre Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA
- Tue Aug 21 2018
- Thu Aug 23 2018Thu Aug 23 2018
- Buy Rodriguez, Humphreys Concerts By The Bay Tickets for 08/23 08:00 PM Rodriguez, Humphreys Concerts By The Bay tickets for 08/23 08:00 PM at Humphreys Concerts By The Bay, San Diego, CA
- Thu Aug 23 2018
- Sat Aug 25 2018Sat Aug 25 2018
- Buy Rodriguez, Luckman Fine Arts Complex Tickets for 08/25 08:00 PM Rodriguez, Luckman Fine Arts Complex tickets for 08/25 08:00 PM at Luckman Fine Arts Complex, Los Angeles, CA
- Sat Aug 25 2018
Rodriguez’s career is one of the most unusual in the world of music. He debuted in the seventies, releasing two albums, and toured Australia. Unknown to him, his music became very successful in South Africa, being very influential in the country, particularly with many anti–apartheid activists. Rumored to be dead in South Africa, many of his fans were unaware that he was living and he, similarly, was unaware that he had a huge fan following in South Africa, with his albums going platinum. Fortunately, fans managed to contact him after his eldest daughter came upon a website dedicated to him. This story, one of the most captivating of all time, is told in the documentary movie, Searching for Sugar Man, which was released in 2012 and went on to an Academy Award.
Rodriguez became famous in many parts of the world, particular in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Australia and New Zealand. Unlike in the US, his albums sold out and were often re–released, with a compilation album released by Blue Goose Music in 1973. In 1979, he toured Australia with the Mark Gillespie Band supporting him, whose shows were released in the shape of an album, Alive. In 1981, he returned to Australia for another time, this time supported by Midnight Oil. Following that, he began working normal jobs such as those of a demolition worker and continued fighting for the rights of the working class.
Unknown to him, his album At His Best had gone platinum in South Africa, with his music compared to that of Bob Dylan and even used as anti–Apartheid anthems. He influenced many musicians who protested against the Apartheid government, with a activists such as Steve Biko ardent Rodriguez fans. In 1991, his albums were released as CDs, propelling him to even more fame. However, details of his life were still unknown to South African fans, who assumed him dead, until his eldest daughter found a website dedicated to him in 1998.
Following that, he went on his very first tour of South Africa, playing concerts in front of thousands of fans, with each of them sold out in terms of Rodriguez tickets. A documentary on the tour, titled Dead Men Don’t Tour was released and screened on SABC TV. He then toured in Sweden and returned to play again in South Africa, in two more tours in 2001 and 2005. He is famous for the song Sugar Man, which has been covered many times by many bands, as well as been sampled by many a DJ. In 2007 and 2010, he performed in Australia again, playing at the East Cost Blues & Roots Music Festival. He also played concerts in Sydney and Melbourne. His songs have been featured in such movies as Candy, released in 2006 and starring the iconic Heath Ledger.
His two albums, Coming from Reality and Cold Fact, were re–released in 2009 by Light in the Attic Records. Following the release of the Academy Award winning movie, Searching for Sugar Man, he has gained massive worldwide, particularly in the US and Europe. He has played on such shows as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and the Late Show with David Letterman. Feature stories on him have been done, including interviews by the likes of CNN. He has been featured on 60 Minutes, The Andrew Marr Show and BBC’s Later…with Jools Holland. He is set to perform many a concert in the US, including at such festivals at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
Comedy season is here and is packed with epic matchups. You can catch all the action live as it happens. Next event will be Rodriguez, held at the Moore Theatre in Seattle. As of now, the last event, Rodriguez is scheduled for 25-Aug-18 at the Luckman Fine Arts Complex in Los Angeles. For complete itinerary of events, please visit our website.
|Rodriguez||Moore Theatre||Seattle, WA||Sun Aug 12 201808/12 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Revolution Hall - Portland||Portland, OR||Tue Aug 14 201808/14 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Warfield||San Francisco, CA||Fri Aug 17 201808/17 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Mountain Winery||Saratoga, CA||Sun Aug 19 201808/19 07:30 PM|
|Rodriguez||Granada Theatre - Santa Barbara||Santa Barbara, CA||Tue Aug 21 201808/21 07:30 PM|
|Rodriguez||Humphreys Concerts By The Bay||San Diego, CA||Thu Aug 23 201808/23 08:00 PM|
|Rodriguez||Luckman Fine Arts Complex||Los Angeles, CA||Sat Aug 25 201808/25 08:00 PM|
Rodriguez Tickets Prices
The average price for Rodriguez Tickets start from $116. The minimum get in price is $17 for Rodriguez Tickets at the Mountain Winery, Saratoga. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.