Rodriguez is a Mexican American folk and rock musician from Detroit, Michigan who has been active in American music since the late sixties. He is a singer, songwriter and guitarist, as well as a poet. He has also worked as an excavation and demolition worker. He debuted into the American music scene in 1967, performing until 1973. After six years, he resumed playing music in 1979, playing for three more years. He has been fully active since 1998 with his music released by such record labels as RCA Records, Sussex Records, Light in the Attic and Impact Records. Rodriguez tickets for his many concerts are often on sale all over the US.
- Buy Paul Rodriguez, Kiva Auditorium Tickets for Fri Sep 21 2018 Fri Sep 21 2018Paul Rodriguez, Kiva Auditorium, tickets for 09/21 19:00 at Kiva Auditorium, Albuquerque, NM
- Fri Sep 21 2018
- Buy Aida Rodriguez, Laugh Boston Tickets for Thu Sep 27 2018 Thu Sep 27 2018Aida Rodriguez, Laugh Boston, tickets for 09/27 20:00 at Laugh Boston, Boston, MA
- Thu Sep 27 2018
- Buy Raquel Rodriguez, Moroccan Lounge Tickets for Fri Sep 28 2018 Fri Sep 28 2018Raquel Rodriguez, Moroccan Lounge, tickets for 09/28 19:30 at Moroccan Lounge, Los Angeles, CA
- Fri Sep 28 2018
- Buy Aida Rodriguez, Laugh Boston Tickets for Fri Sep 28 2018 Fri Sep 28 2018Aida Rodriguez, Laugh Boston, tickets for 09/28 20:00 at Laugh Boston, Boston, MA
- Fri Sep 28 2018
- Buy Alfredo Rodriguez, Loeb Playhouse Tickets for Fri Sep 28 2018 Fri Sep 28 2018Alfredo Rodriguez, Loeb Playhouse, tickets for 09/28 20:00 at Loeb Playhouse, West Lafayette, IN
- Fri Sep 28 2018
- Buy Aida Rodriguez, Laugh Boston Tickets for Sat Sep 29 2018 Sat Sep 29 2018Aida Rodriguez, Laugh Boston, tickets for 09/29 20:00 at Laugh Boston, Boston, MA
- Sat Sep 29 2018
- Buy Aida Rodriguez, Laugh Boston Tickets for Sat Sep 29 2018 Sat Sep 29 2018Aida Rodriguez, Laugh Boston, tickets for 09/29 22:15 at Laugh Boston, Boston, MA
- Sat Sep 29 2018
Rodriguez’s career is one of the most unusual in the world of music. He debuted in the seventies, releasing two albums, and toured Australia. Unknown to him, his music became very successful in South Africa, being very influential in the country, particularly with many anti–apartheid activists. Rumored to be dead in South Africa, many of his fans were unaware that he was living and he, similarly, was unaware that he had a huge fan following in South Africa, with his albums going platinum. Fortunately, fans managed to contact him after his eldest daughter came upon a website dedicated to him. This story, one of the most captivating of all time, is told in the documentary movie, Searching for Sugar Man, which was released in 2012 and went on to an Academy Award.
Rodriguez became famous in many parts of the world, particular in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Australia and New Zealand. Unlike in the US, his albums sold out and were often re–released, with a compilation album released by Blue Goose Music in 1973. In 1979, he toured Australia with the Mark Gillespie Band supporting him, whose shows were released in the shape of an album, Alive. In 1981, he returned to Australia for another time, this time supported by Midnight Oil. Following that, he began working normal jobs such as those of a demolition worker and continued fighting for the rights of the working class.
Unknown to him, his album At His Best had gone platinum in South Africa, with his music compared to that of Bob Dylan and even used as anti–Apartheid anthems. He influenced many musicians who protested against the Apartheid government, with a activists such as Steve Biko ardent Rodriguez fans. In 1991, his albums were released as CDs, propelling him to even more fame. However, details of his life were still unknown to South African fans, who assumed him dead, until his eldest daughter found a website dedicated to him in 1998.
Following that, he went on his very first tour of South Africa, playing concerts in front of thousands of fans, with each of them sold out in terms of Rodriguez tickets. A documentary on the tour, titled Dead Men Don’t Tour was released and screened on SABC TV. He then toured in Sweden and returned to play again in South Africa, in two more tours in 2001 and 2005. He is famous for the song Sugar Man, which has been covered many times by many bands, as well as been sampled by many a DJ. In 2007 and 2010, he performed in Australia again, playing at the East Cost Blues & Roots Music Festival. He also played concerts in Sydney and Melbourne. His songs have been featured in such movies as Candy, released in 2006 and starring the iconic Heath Ledger.
His two albums, Coming from Reality and Cold Fact, were re–released in 2009 by Light in the Attic Records. Following the release of the Academy Award winning movie, Searching for Sugar Man, he has gained massive worldwide, particularly in the US and Europe. He has played on such shows as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and the Late Show with David Letterman. Feature stories on him have been done, including interviews by the likes of CNN. He has been featured on 60 Minutes, The Andrew Marr Show and BBC’s Later…with Jools Holland. He is set to perform many a concert in the US, including at such festivals at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
Rodriguez Tickets Prices
Currently the average price for Rodriguez tickets is $44. The date and location for this event is 31-Aug-18 at Garden Theater at Midtown, Detroit. The minimum get-in price for Rodriguez tickets is $44.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.