Providence Friars Tickets
Providence Friars are the sports teams that play from the Providence College, a Catholic University situated in the downtown area of Providence. Providence College provides specialized educational programs in the field of liberal arts and is the only university present in the North of America that is controlled by the Friar’s Dominican Order. The university was established in the year 1917 and the department for collegiate athletic teams was formed in 1921. The sport’s program consists of a total of nineteen varsity sports which include basketball, field hockey, cross country, ice hockey, lacrosse, softball, soccer, tennis, diving and swimming, volleyball and track and field. The school’s program offers both men and women to compete in their sport of interest. The college consisted of a few other programs that were finished after the World War I such as baseball, football, golf and tennis.
Providence Friars Venues
Providence Friars Cities
Latest Providence Friars Events
- Exhibition: Providence Friars vs. Acadia Axemen, Schneider Arena tickets for 10/02 03:30 AM at Schneider Arena, Providence, RI
- Sun Oct 02 2016
- Providence Friars vs. Miami (OH) Redhawks, Schneider Arena tickets for 10/07 03:30 AM at Schneider Arena, Providence, RI
- Fri Oct 07 2016
- Providence Friars vs. Miami (OH) Redhawks, Schneider Arena tickets for 10/08 03:30 AM at Schneider Arena, Providence, RI
- Sat Oct 08 2016
- Providence Friars vs. Clarkson Golden Knights, Schneider Arena tickets for 10/21 03:30 AM at Schneider Arena, Providence, RI
- Fri Oct 21 2016
- Providence Friars vs. St. Lawrence Saints, Schneider Arena tickets for 10/22 03:30 AM at Schneider Arena, Providence, RI
- Sat Oct 22 2016
- Providence Friars vs. Merrimack Warriors, Schneider Arena tickets for 11/05 03:30 AM at Schneider Arena, Providence, RI
- Sat Nov 05 2016
- Boston University Terriers vs. Providence Friars, Agganis Arena tickets for 12/03 07:00 PM at Agganis Arena, Boston, MA
- Sat Dec 03 2016
- Yale Bulldogs vs. Providence Friars, Ingalls Rink tickets for 01/10 07:00 PM at Ingalls Rink, New Haven, CT
- Tue Jan 10 2017
- UMass Lowell River Hawks vs. Providence Friars, Tsongas Arena tickets for 01/20 07:15 PM at Tsongas Arena, Lowell, MA
- Fri Jan 20 2017
- UConn Huskies Hockey vs. Providence Friars, XL Center tickets for 02/08 03:30 AM at XL Center, Hartford, CT
- Wed Feb 08 2017
The Friars compete in the Big East Conference’s Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, for all their sports teams except for volleyball that plays in the America East Conference and ice hockey that is a part of the Hockey East Conference. The Providence Friars’ sports program is directed by Robert Driscoll and the Friars are the only collegiate teams to use their college’s name. One the fiercest rivals of the Friars include the Boston College teams and the Boston University teams especially when it comes to sports such as diving, swimming, soccer and basketball. If you wish to see the Providence Friars compete with one of their arch rivals at an upcoming sports event, all you need to do is get your hands on Providence Friars tickets as soon as you can.
The sports teams play all of their home games on their campus except for men’s basketball. Over the years a number of arenas were used to hold basketball games. From the years 1972 till 2001, the Providence Civic Centre was the home arena after which the Alumni Hall became the home court. The college supports many fields and rinks some of which include the Schneider Arena, an ice rink that was established in 1973 and the Taylor Natatorium that is used for diving and swimming events. Apart from these, the Glay Field established in 1976 for soccer games, the Lennon Family Field founded in 2005 for lacrosse and hockey games, Raymond Field used for softball since 2001 and the Hendricken Field that is used to play baseball and football games.
Supporting the colors white, black and silver, the Providence Friars rise up to their fight song, that is called "When the Saints Go Marching In". This song became their official song from the 1950s. Though this song has now become a fierce contemporary track, it originated as a Christian hymn that gained popularity after Louis Armstrong presented it. So if you wish to listen to the Friars anthem and want to see an upcoming sport’s event in which the collegiate teams participate, then you should purchase Providence Friars tickets today.