Ohio State Buckeyes Tickets
At the time of the construction of the magnificent Ohio Stadium in 1925, famed architect Howard Dwight Smith voiced his worries that the world’s largest concrete poured structure of the time would never be completely filled. If Smith walked through the gates now to sample the sizzling atmosphere greeting an Ohio State-Michigan match, he would be swept off his feet with surprise. The Ohio State Buckeyes football team has generated much fanfare, yet diligent followers would know it is just one cog in the wheel of the institution’s legendary dominance on the collegiate circuit. The Ohio State Buckeyes comprise of 19 men & 20 women varsity sports team of the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. The Buckeyes compete for prizes in NCAA Division I & are part of the Big Ten Conference for all sports except men’s hockey (Central Collegiate Hockey Association) & women’s hockey (Western Collegiate Hockey Association). The Buckeyes have a bristling rivalry with the University of Michigan Wolverines, a clash that has captured the imagination of Ohio State Buckeyes tickets holders for ages. Diversity of achievement in many different sports means the Buckeyes have cemented a commanding stature throughout the leagues.
Ohio State Buckeyes Venues
- Ohio State Buckeyes High Point Solutions Stadium (formerly Rutgers Stadium)
- Ohio State Buckeyes Lane Stadium
- Ohio State Buckeyes Memorial Stadium - IL
- Ohio State Buckeyes Memorial Stadium - IN
- Ohio State Buckeyes Memorial Stadium Parking Lots - IL
- Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan Stadium
- Ohio State Buckeyes Nationwide Arena
- Ohio State Buckeyes Ohio Stadium
- Ohio State Buckeyes Pegula Ice Arena At Penn State
- Ohio State Buckeyes Schottenstein Center
- Ohio State Buckeyes UNO Community Arena - Omaha
Ohio State Buckeyes Cities
Latest Ohio State Buckeyes Events
- Ohio State Buckeyes Men's Basketball Season Tickets (Includes Tickets To All Regular Season Home Games), Schottenstein Center tickets for 09/02 03:30 AM at Schottenstein Center, Columbus, OH
- Wed Sep 02 2015
- Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Ohio State Buckeyes, Lane Stadium tickets for 09/07 08:00 PM at Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VA
- Mon Sep 07 2015
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Hawaii Warriors, Ohio Stadium tickets for 09/12 03:30 PM at Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
- Sat Sep 12 2015
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Northern Illinois Huskies, Ohio Stadium tickets for 09/19 03:30 PM at Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
- Sat Sep 19 2015
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Western Michigan Broncos, Ohio Stadium tickets for 09/26 03:30 AM at Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
- Sat Sep 26 2015
- Indiana Hoosiers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes, Memorial Stadium - IN tickets for 10/03 03:30 AM at Memorial Stadium IN, Bloomington, IN
- Sat Oct 03 2015
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Brock University Badgers, Schottenstein Center tickets for 10/03 03:30 AM at Schottenstein Center, Columbus, OH
- Sat Oct 03 2015
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. Ohio State Buckeyes, High Point Solutions Stadium (formerly Rutgers Stadium) tickets for 10/24 08:00 PM at High Point Solutions Stadium (formerly Rutgers Stadium), Piscataway, NJ
- Sat Oct 24 2015
- Illinois Fighting Illini vs. Ohio State Buckeyes, Memorial Stadium - IL tickets for 11/14 03:30 AM at Memorial Stadium IL, Champaign, IL
- Sat Nov 14 2015
- Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks vs. Ohio State Buckeyes, UNO Community Arena - Omaha tickets for 11/27 07:07 PM at UNO Community Arena Omaha, Omaha, NE
- Fri Nov 27 2015
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes, Michigan Stadium tickets for 11/28 03:30 AM at Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MI
- Sat Nov 28 2015
America’s second-largest university campus, the Ohio State University, is located in Columbus. USA’s third most populous state capital is an ideal location with its diversity of economy. The Buckeyes started out in 1880s, with baseball & football springing up as varsity sports. An undergraduate persuaded Alexander Lilley to coach a football team. Christened "Buckeyes" due to Ohio’s renowned state tree, the team went on to gain unprecedented popularity with its exploits on the field. Their home, the 102,329 capacity Ohio Stadium, is America’s fourth & the world’s seventh largest stadium. After renovation the stadium still maintains the north-end rotunda, resembling the Pantheon. The Jerome Schottenstein Center hosts ice hockey & basketball teams & can hold up to 20,000 spectators. The 4500 capacity Bill Davis Field is the university’s baseball venue. The lush golf courses are named after Ohio State’s two famous college colors: the Scarlet & the Gray. The Scarlet is often ranked as the top collegiate golf course, having undergone renovations under the supervision of alumnus Jack Nicklaus. Soccer, men’s & women’s lacrosse, & track & field events are held at the Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium, named after one of the greatest Olympians of all time.
Gene Smith was named Ohio State’s eighth athletics director in 2005 & brings to the table a vast repertoire having directed the athletics programs of Arizona State, Eastern Michigan & Iowa State. The results have been praiseworthy, indicating he has justified his credentials to manage 36 varsity sports with over 900 student athletes. The head coaches of the respective sports select the players representing the institution. These include Thad Matta (basketball), Jim Tressel (football), Bob Todd (baseball) & various others. Many alumni of note have graced the Scarlet & Gray of Ohio State Buckeyes. These include four-time Olympic gold medalist & track & field legend Jesse Owens, all-time majors leading golfer Jack "the Golden Bear" Nicklaus, two-time football Heisman Trophy winner Archie Griffin, and Hall of Fame football coaches Paul Brown & Woody Hayes.
Ohio State boasts a record of 22 National NCAA titles. Baseball has a national title under legendary coach Marty Karow in 1966. 1960 produced basketball’s triumph as Fred Taylor led the swashbuckling Buckeyes to national glory. It is Buckeyes football, however, which is much storied. The first title came in 1942, when a war-ravaged Buckeyes team (losing 22 players to WWII) under Paul Brown lost a single game en route to the title. Having established themselves, the Buckeyes reached unbelievable heights during the reign of Woody Hayes. The gaffer held the post from 1951 to 1978, leading Ohio State to five more titles (1954, 1957, 1961, 1968 & 1970) & four undefeated seasons before being unceremoniously dumped following a mindless touchline brawl. Jim Tressel led them to their latest success in 2002. Swimming & diving has established the Buckeyes as the most successful team in the format’s history with 11 titles in a period of utter domination in the 40s & 50s. Golf has two national titles too.
Ohio State Buckeyes tickets are a major draw for fans of quality sports. Institutes such as Ohio State, which have produced an immaculate record with proper sports grooming, have pushed the standard of collegiate contests skywards, so grab your Ohio State Buckeyes tickets for a spectacle of sports at the highest level.
Q:What would you pay for Ohio State Buckeyes tickets?
A:Our website offers competitive rates for Ohio State Buckeyes Tickets. We have them at cheap and affordable rates and in a wide range of prices to cater to all kinds of customer's needs. You can look through our page for details and select the ones that suit your budget limit the best.
Q:Should I buy Ohio State Buckeyes tickets in December?
A:You can buy Ohio State Buckeyes Tickets any time you want even near the event. However, we should suggest that you order your tickets well in advance because the popularity of the event makes tickets sell out faster and you would want to secure some for yourself before they become unavailable.