Missouri Tigers Tickets
The Missouri Tigers is the name used by eighteen teams representing the University of Missouri in different sports including the inter-university sports teams. The name Missouri Tigers comes from the times of the Civil War, when a group of armed guards with the same name defended Columbia against the Confederates. The University of Missouri is a member of the Big 12 Conference.
Missouri Tigers Venues
- Missouri Tigers Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
- Missouri Tigers Coleman Coliseum
- Missouri Tigers Faurot Field
- Missouri Tigers Kyle Field
- WFU Demon Deacons vs. Missouri Tigers (WOMEN) Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum (formerly Winston-Salem Entertainment Sports Complex)
- Missouri Tigers Lloyd Noble Center
- Missouri Tigers Neyland Stadium
- Missouri Tigers Rupp Arena
- Missouri Tigers Sprint Center
- Missouri Tigers Williams-Brice Stadium
Missouri Tigers Cities
Latest Missouri Tigers Events
- South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Missouri Tigers, William Brice Stadium tickets for 09/27 03:30 AM at William Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
- Sat Sep 27 2014
- Missouri Tigers vs. Georgia Bulldogs, Faurot Field tickets for 10/11 03:30 AM at Faurot Field, Columbia, MO
- Sat Oct 11 2014
- Florida Gators vs. Missouri Tigers, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium tickets for 10/18 03:30 AM at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL
- Sat Oct 18 2014
- Texas A&M Aggies vs. Missouri Tigers, Kyle Field tickets for 11/15 03:30 AM at Kyle Field, College Station, TX
- Sat Nov 15 2014
- Tennessee Volunteers vs. Missouri Tigers, Neyland Stadium tickets for 11/22 03:30 AM at Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN
- Sat Nov 22 2014
- Oklahoma Sooners vs. Missouri Tigers, Lloyd Noble Center tickets for 12/05 08:30 PM at Lloyd Noble Center, Norman, OK
- Fri Dec 05 2014
- WFU Demon Deacons vs. Missouri Tigers (WOMEN), Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum (formerly Winston-Salem Entertainment Sports Complex) tickets for 12/20 02:00 PM at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum (formerly Winston Salem Entertainment Sports Complex), Winston Salem, NC
- Sat Dec 20 2014
- Missouri Tigers vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys, Sprint Center tickets for 12/30 08:00 PM at Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO
- Tue Dec 30 2014
- Kentucky Wildcats vs. Missouri Tigers, Rupp Arena tickets for 01/13 09:00 PM at Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
- Tue Jan 13 2015
Situated in Columbia, Missouri the University of Missouri is the top academic institution of the state. The Missouri Tigers represent the University in Wrestling, Football, Baseball, Swimming and diving, Golf, Basketball, Cross country and Track and field in Menís sports. The women Missouri Tigers teams, also known as the Lady Tigers, include Tennis, Volleyball, Golf, Soccer, Basketball, Cross country, Gymnastics, Softball, Swimming and diving and Track and field. The Missouri Tigers are especially strong and well known in baseball, football and basketball. The Tigers also won the National Championship for the Menís Indoor Track & Field in 1965.
The football team dates back to 1890 when they played their first intercollegiate game against the Washington University. They currently play in the NCAA Division I FBS college football. Since the start of the Big 12 Conference, the Missouri Tigers have participated in its Northern Division. The home stadium is the Faurot Field, also called The Zou with a seating capacity of seventy thousand, and is located in Columbia, Missouri.
The Missouri Tigers also represent the University in Menís Basketball in the Big 12 Conference. The team is based in Columbia and the home games are played at the Mizzou Arena which has a seating capacity of more than fifteen thousand. The team has played a number of conference championships and the Street & Smith's Annual positioned the Missouri Tigers at number thirty eight in a list of the 100 greatest college basketball programs of all time in 2005. Some of the famous NBA stars produced by the Missouri Tigers include Thomas Gardner, Anthony Peeler, Kareem Rush, Steve Stipanovich, DeMarre Carroll and Linas Kleiza.
The Women's basketball team also plays its home games at the Mizou Arena, representing the University in the NCAA Division I of the Big 12 Conference. Robin Pington is presently the head coach of the women's basketball program. The first† baseball team was formed by Missouri Tigers in 1868 and the Taylor Stadium is the home stadium. They play for the University of Missouri in NCAA Division I. In 1954, they grabbed the National Championship with their powerful play. The list of stars who have played for the Missouri Tigers includes Tim Laudner, Phil Bradley, Max Scherzer, Aaron Crow and Ian Kinsler.
The Missouri Tigers are involved with the Kansas Jayhawks in one of the most passionate college sports rivalries. The first match between the two teams was played in 1891 and the football series between them is the second oldest challenge in the history of College Football. The greatest win ever for the Missouri Tigers football team also comes from this rivalry when in 2007 they defeated the Jayhawks to win the Big 12 North Championship.
The Missouri and Nebraska teams play against each other for the Victory Bell trophy. Starting in 1892, this rivalry has now ended since Nebraska has left the Big 12 Conference. Nebraska is a clear leader in this competition. Missouri and Oklahoma are rivals for the Tiger-Sooner Peace Pipe, which was initiated in 1929 and the Tigers opponent for the 1959 Telephone Trophy is the Iowa Sate University.†
The University of Missouri maintain that the tradition of homecoming originated here. The NCAA also verifies the claim that the first ever homecoming game was played by the Tigers in 1911 against the University of Kansas. In order to increase attendance, the coach of the Missouri Tigers, C. L. Brewer, asked the "Old Grads to Come Back Home" and more than ten thousand turned up. In 2010, eighteen thousand people attended the University of Missouri Homecoming, therefore breaking the previous record of the University of Nebraska.
Another honoured and much loved tradition is the tearing down of the goal posts after every football game played at home. This dates back to 1971 and since than the torn goal posts always turn up at the Harpo's Bar and Grill in Columbia, hence the name Harpo's goal post tradition. The Missouri Tigers tickets are a great attraction for all sports lovers, especially for the Missouri Tigers fans who love the great display of athleticism and the atmosphere at all the Missouri Tigers games.
Q:Are you offering discounted mizzou tigers football tickets?
A:Book your Missouri Tigers Tickets and catch them hit the turf live. Yes, you can book your tickets from us on discounted prices which are among the best available anywhere in the market. You can also use the discount codes available on our website to get further rebate on your purchase right there and then.