Memphis Tigers Tickets
Memphis Tigers are the athletic teams of University of Memphis that are members of the NCAA in Division I, as well as the C-USA. The school hosts nine men’s and women’s sports including baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, rifle, soccer, track and field and tennis for men, while the women’s teams include basketball, volleyball, track and field, tennis, spirit squads, softball, soccer, rifle, golf and cross country. Their home arenas include Elma Roane Fieldhouse, Mike Rose Soccer Complex, FedExPark, FedExForum, and Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium.
Memphis Tigers Venues
Memphis Tigers Cities
Latest Memphis Tigers Events
- Memphis Tigers vs. Southeast Missouri Redhawks, Liberty Bowl Stadium tickets for 09/03 06:00 PM at Liberty Bowl Stadium, Memphis, TN
- Sat Sep 03 2016
- Memphis Tigers vs. Kansas Jayhawks, Liberty Bowl Stadium tickets for 09/17 11:00 AM at Liberty Bowl Stadium, Memphis, TN
- Sat Sep 17 2016
- Memphis Tigers vs. Bowling Green Falcons, Liberty Bowl Stadium tickets for 09/24 03:30 AM at Liberty Bowl Stadium, Memphis, TN
- Sat Sep 24 2016
- Mississippi Rebels vs. Memphis Tigers, Vaught Hemingway Stadium tickets for 10/01 03:30 AM at Vaught Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS
- Sat Oct 01 2016
- Memphis Tigers vs. Temple Owls, Liberty Bowl Stadium tickets for 10/06 07:00 PM at Liberty Bowl Stadium, Memphis, TN
- Thu Oct 06 2016
- Tulane Green Wave vs. Memphis Tigers, Yulman Stadium tickets for 10/14 07:00 PM at Yulman Stadium, New Orleans, LA
- Fri Oct 14 2016
- Navy Midshipmen vs. Memphis Tigers, Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium tickets for 10/22 03:30 PM at Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, MD
- Sat Oct 22 2016
- Memphis Tigers vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Liberty Bowl Stadium tickets for 10/29 03:30 AM at Liberty Bowl Stadium, Memphis, TN
- Sat Oct 29 2016
- Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs vs. Memphis Tigers, Gerald J. Ford Stadium tickets for 11/05 03:30 AM at Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, TX
- Sat Nov 05 2016
An interesting feature of the teams is their Pop Squad which is considered to be among the best collegiate dance squads of the US that has won the national championships of 2012, 2011, 2008, 2007, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1988 and 1987. Another interesting feature is the Tigers’ mascot which happens to be a real bengal tiger called TOM III. Though the practice of keeping live animals as school mascots has been carried out by many universities all over the United States, Memphis University is counted among the few schools to keep a tiger. The various thrill factors offered by their athletic teams has made Memphis Tigers tickets one of the most sought after sport treats of the city.
Memphis Tigers can be traced back to 1912 when Memphis State University fielded their first football team and its nickname had not yet been decided upon. At the start the team was merely referred to as the Gray and Blue Warriors. At the end of the 1914 season, a student parade was organized during which many students screamed ‘We fight like Tigers’, which is from where the nickname emerged. ‘Tigers’ was used more and more as time passed by, especially in the campus’s publications. In 1922, under Lester Barnard as Coach, the Tigers’ football team adopted the motto ‘Each Man a Tiger’, and then went on to hit a hundred and seventy-four points, while the opposing team only made twenty-nine. The nickname continued to be popular among the alumni and students, and was finally adopted as the university’s official nickname in 1939.
The Memphis Tigers most popular sports are baseball, basketball and football that have brought forth various prominent professional athletes including baseball player Dan Uggla; basketball players Elliot Williams, Tyreke Evans, Derrick Rose, Chris Douglas, Joey Dorsey, Earl Barron, Rodney Carney, Antonio Burks, Anfernee Hardaway, Keith Lee, Dajuan Wagner, Lorenzen Wright, Shawne Williams, Elliot Perry, Cedric Henderson and Darius Washington Jr. famous football players emerging from the Tigers include Brandon McDonald who has played for Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals and Cleveland Browns; Mike McKenzie of New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers; Isaac Bruce of San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams and Los Angeles Rams; Tony Brown of Tennessee Titans, Amsterdam Admirals, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dophins and Carolina Panthers; Stephen Gostkowski of New England Patriots and DeAngelo Williams of Carolina Panthers. Buy Memphis Tigers tickets and be there to watch some more upcoming, unstoppable players hit the goals.