Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Tickets
The Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns are exceptional intercollegiate sporting teams that represent the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The university primarily utilized the term “Ragin” Cajuns in the 1960s in reference to its football team. If you are a fan of sports or would like to be a part of a thrilling event full of great entertainment then this is the best time to get hold of your Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns tickets as they get ready to play live.
Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Venues
Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Cities
Latest Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Events
- Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, Cajun Field tickets for 09/06 03:30 AM Cajun Field
- Sat Sep 06 2014
- Mississippi Rebels vs. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns, Vaught Hemingway Stadium tickets for 09/13 03:00 PM Vaught Hemingway Stadium
- Sat Sep 13 2014
- Boise State Broncos vs. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns, Bronco Stadium tickets for 09/20 03:30 AM Bronco Stadium
- Sat Sep 20 2014
- Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Georgia State Panthers, Cajun Field tickets for 10/04 03:30 AM Cajun Field
- Sat Oct 04 2014
- Texas State Bobcats vs. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns, Bobcat Stadium TX tickets for 10/14 07:00 PM Bobcat Stadium TX
- Tue Oct 14 2014
- Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves, Cajun Field tickets for 10/21 03:30 AM Cajun Field
- Tue Oct 21 2014
- Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. South Alabama Jaguars, Cajun Field tickets for 11/01 03:30 AM Cajun Field
- Sat Nov 01 2014
- Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Appalachian State Mountaineers, Cajun Field tickets for 11/22 03:30 AM Cajun Field
- Sat Nov 22 2014
- Troy Trojans vs. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns, Veterans Memorial Stadium AL tickets for 11/29 06:30 PM Veterans Memorial Stadium AL
- Sat Nov 29 2014
Before the teams were given the title of "Ragin’ Cajuns" they were known as the "Bulldogs". Russ Faulkinberry the football coach in 1963 re-named them the "Ragin’ Cajuns." The athletic department of the university picked up the new epithet by 1970s and it was successfully applied to all the teams that represented the university. The conference that the Cajuns are associated with is the Sun Belt Conference. They play all their football games in the NCAA Division I FBS. The current athletics director of the program is Scott Farmer. There are a total of 16 varsity teams of the Cajuns. The football field is known as the Cajun Field. There are two venues for the basketball team, one being the Cajundome and the other the Earl K. Long Gymnasium. The baseball stadium is the M.L. Tigue Moore Field. The official fight song of the Cajuns is Ragin’ Cajuns Fight Song.
In 1901, football became their first ever sports team to begin play. From 1961 till 1970, Ron Gomez effectively managed to do the radio play-by-play for the Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns basketball as well as football teams. Later, Gomez was elected to a post at the renowned Louisiana House of Representatives. While in that position Gomez worked alongside David C. Treen to build the Cajundome. In 1978, as president of the well known Lafayette Chamber of Commerce, Gomez fervently began initiating talks for constructing a stadium just for the Cajuns.
In August 2011, the Ragin’ Cajun Network was set up by the Louisiana – Lafayette. This fantastic network is has several radio as well as television networks embedded in to give access to the sporting events of the Cajuns. They can be heard on radio and seen on television all across Louisiana. The Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns are an absolute delight and a treat to watch live. All their games are filled with superb action and are thrilling. You can now book your Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns tickets and indulge in a truly captivating sporting extravaganza that is surely going to leave you with countless memories to cherish for a long time to come.