Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Tickets
The Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns are exceptional intercollegiate sporting teams that represent the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The university primarily utilized the term “Ragin” Cajuns in the 1960s in reference to its football team. If you are a fan of sports or would like to be a part of a thrilling event full of great entertainment then this is the best time to get hold of your Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns tickets as they get ready to play live.
Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Venues
- Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves Cajundome
- Georgia Bulldogs vs. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns Sanford Stadium
- Troy Trojans vs. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns Trojan Arena
- Wally Pontiff Jr. Classic: LSU Tigers vs. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns Zephyr Field
Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Cities
- Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Athens GA
- Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Lafayette LA
- Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Metairie LA
- Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Troy AL
Latest Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns Events
- Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves, Cajundome tickets for 02/11 07:15 PM at Cajundome, Lafayette, LA
- Thu Feb 11 2016
- Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Arkansas-Little Rock Trojans, Cajundome tickets for 02/13 04:15 PM at Cajundome, Lafayette, LA
- Sat Feb 13 2016
- Troy Trojans vs. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns, Trojan Arena tickets for 02/25 07:30 PM at Trojan Arena, Troy, AL
- Thu Feb 25 2016
- Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Georgia State Panthers, Cajundome tickets for 03/03 07:15 PM at Cajundome, Lafayette, LA
- Thu Mar 03 2016
- Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Georgia Southern Eagles, Cajundome tickets for 03/05 07:15 PM at Cajundome, Lafayette, LA
- Sat Mar 05 2016
- Wally Pontiff Jr. Classic: LSU Tigers vs. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns, Zephyr Field tickets for 03/22 07:00 PM at Zephyr Field, Metairie, LA
- Tue Mar 22 2016
Before the teams were given the title of "Ragin’ Cajuns" they were known as the "Bulldogs". Russ Faulkinberry the football coach in 1963 re-named them the "Ragin’ Cajuns." The athletic department of the university picked up the new epithet by 1970s and it was successfully applied to all the teams that represented the university. The conference that the Cajuns are associated with is the Sun Belt Conference. They play all their football games in the NCAA Division I FBS. The current athletics director of the program is Scott Farmer. There are a total of 16 varsity teams of the Cajuns. The football field is known as the Cajun Field. There are two venues for the basketball team, one being the Cajundome and the other the Earl K. Long Gymnasium. The baseball stadium is the M.L. Tigue Moore Field. The official fight song of the Cajuns is Ragin’ Cajuns Fight Song.
In 1901, football became their first ever sports team to begin play. From 1961 till 1970, Ron Gomez effectively managed to do the radio play-by-play for the Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns basketball as well as football teams. Later, Gomez was elected to a post at the renowned Louisiana House of Representatives. While in that position Gomez worked alongside David C. Treen to build the Cajundome. In 1978, as president of the well known Lafayette Chamber of Commerce, Gomez fervently began initiating talks for constructing a stadium just for the Cajuns.
In August 2011, the Ragin’ Cajun Network was set up by the Louisiana – Lafayette. This fantastic network is has several radio as well as television networks embedded in to give access to the sporting events of the Cajuns. They can be heard on radio and seen on television all across Louisiana. The Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns are an absolute delight and a treat to watch live. All their games are filled with superb action and are thrilling. You can now book your Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns tickets and indulge in a truly captivating sporting extravaganza that is surely going to leave you with countless memories to cherish for a long time to come.