Florida Atlantic Owls Tickets
TheFlorida Atlantic Owlsis the athletics program of the Florida Atlantic University, located at Boca Raton, Florida. It is a member of the Conference USA in the NCAA Division I, with the football team playing the Football Bowl Subdivision championship. The present athletics director is Patick Chun. The program features eighteen varsity teams, eight are men while ten are women teams. The football teams play at the FAU Stadium with the basketball teams at the FAU Arena. The baseball teams play at the FAU Baseball Stadium. The official mascot of the teams is Owlsey, the Burrowing Owl, and so the teams are fondly known by the nickname, the Owls. To watch some of the best college sports in Florida, many often pre-orderFlorida Atlantic Owls ticketsfor these games.
Florida Atlantic Owls Venues
- Florida Atlantic Owls Alfred A. McKethan Stadium at Perry Field
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Florida Atlantic Owls Bryant-Denny Stadium
- Miami Hurricanes vs. Florida Atlantic Owls Mark Light Field
- Florida Atlantic Owls Memorial Stadium - NE
- Rice Owls vs. Florida Atlantic Owls Reckling Park
Florida Atlantic Owls Cities
Latest Florida Atlantic Owls Events
- Rice Owls vs. Florida Atlantic Owls, Reckling Park tickets for 03/21 06:30 PM at Reckling Park, Houston, TX
- Fri Mar 21 2014
- Florida Gators vs. Florida Atlantic Owls, Alfred A. McKethan Stadium at Perry Field tickets for 04/01 07:00 PM at Alfred A. McKethan Stadium at Perry Field, Gainesville, FL
- Tue Apr 01 2014
- Miami Hurricanes vs. Florida Atlantic Owls, Mark Light Field tickets for 04/16 06:00 PM at Mark Light Field, Miami, FL
- Wed Apr 16 2014
- Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Florida Atlantic Owls, Memorial Stadium - NE tickets for 08/30 03:30 AM at Memorial Stadium NE, Lincoln, NE
- Sat Aug 30 2014
The official colors of theFlorida Atlantic Owlsare red, silver and blue. This is an athletics program that has been home to some of the best coaches in the US. These include football coach Howard Schnellenberger, basketball coach Mike Jarvis, Matt Doherty, Sidney Green and Rex Walters. Mens sports include baseball, basketball, cross country running, football, golf, soccer, swimming and tennis. Womens sports include basketball, cheer, cross country running, dance, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, and volleyball.
TheFlorida Atlantic Owlsfootball team began playing in 2011 under coach Howard Schnellenberger of Miami. In just four seasons, the team rose from Division I-AA to Division I FBS, initially joining the Sun Belt Conference. In 2007, they competed in the New Orleans Bowl, defeating the Memphis Tigers at 44-27. In 2008, they competed again in a bowl game, this time at the Motor City Bowl, where they brutally defeated the Central Michigan Chippewas. In 2010, player Rusty Smith was drafted into the NFL. They have a fierce rivalry with the Florida International Golden Panthers as they battle each other on the field in the yearly Shula Bowl event.
The baseball team began playing in 1981 under legendary coach, Kevin Cooney, who lead the team until 2008. Under his leadership, one of the best baseball programs in the country flourished. The team has won nine NCAA Division I Baseball Championships, one Super Regional, three Regular Season Conference Championships and one Conference Tournament Championship.
The Florida Atlantic Owls holds the record for the largest number of consecutive wins (34) in the NCAA, This record was accomplished in 1999. To date, two hundred and ninety student athletes baseball scholarships have been awarded with ten players becoming All-Americans. Seven of these are freshmen All-Americans. Sixty seven of the teams players have gone on to play baseball professional with many playing in Major League Baseball. Under coach Cooney, the team has won over six hundred and eighty games. If you want to watch a thrilling sports event, then order your Florida Atlantic Owls tickets right away.