Florida Atlantic Owls Boca Raton Tickets
The Florida Atlantic Owls represent the Florida Atlantic University in their collegiate athletic programs. The college’s first football team was fielded in 2001, and they initially played as Division I-AA team. The team has progressed up to the FBS and are now members of the Conference USA. Despite being one of the newest teams around, the Owls have already played in and won a bowl game. To catch the Owls live in action, as they welcome rivals at the FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, get your Florida Atlantic Owls Boca Raton tickets now.
- Florida Atlantic Owls vs. UTEP Miners, Florida Atlantic University Arena tickets for 02/23 07:00 PM at Florida Atlantic University Arena, Boca Raton, FL
- Thu Feb 23 2017
- Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Navy Midshipmen, FAU Stadium tickets for 09/02 03:30 AM at FAU Stadium, Boca Raton, FL
- Sat Sep 02 2017
- Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, FAU Stadium tickets for 09/16 03:30 AM at FAU Stadium, Boca Raton, FL
- Sat Sep 16 2017
- Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders, FAU Stadium tickets for 09/30 03:30 AM at FAU Stadium, Boca Raton, FL
- Sat Sep 30 2017
- Florida Atlantic Owls Vs. North Texas Mean Green, FAU Stadium tickets for 10/21 03:30 AM at FAU Stadium, Boca Raton, FL
- Sat Oct 21 2017
- Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Marshall Thundering Herd, FAU Stadium tickets for 11/04 03:30 AM at FAU Stadium, Boca Raton, FL
- Sat Nov 04 2017
- Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Florida International Golden Panthers, FAU Stadium tickets for 11/18 03:30 AM at FAU Stadium, Boca Raton, FL
- Sat Nov 18 2017
The University’s football program was initiated by legendary Coach, Howard Schnellenberger. He led the team from their first season in 2001 to his retirement in 2011. The field at the FAU stadium has been named in his honor.
The Owls played their first game in 2001 as an independent school in what is now the FCS. They lost their first game against Slippery Rock University, 40-7. The biggest achievements for the team during its first two seasons included their first ever win, which was a 31-28 victory over Bethune Cookman, and their win in the first game with newly created rivals, Florida International University.
After four years in the lower division, the school jumped up a division and became members of the Football Bowk Sub-division. The Owls joined the Sun Belt Conference following their promotion.
In 2007, the Owls played in their first ever bowl game, the New Orleans Bowl. The team was the youngest ever program to be invited for a bowl game. They faced the heavily favored Memphis Tigers but defeated them by 44-27. The following year the team played in the Motor City Bowl, and improved their bowl record to 2-0, after defeating the Central Michigan Chippewas, 24-21.
In 2010, the Owls’ quarterback, Rusty Smith, became the first player from the program to be drafted into the NFL. Since then five more former Owls have gone on to play for NFL teams.
In 2011, the Owls inaugurated their new home, FAU Stadium. The team will face all their rivals here this coming season and you can watch these games live by getting Florida Atlantic Owls Boca Raton tickets now.