East Carolina Pirates Tickets
The East Carolina Pirates is the name given to the various sports teams that play for East Carolina University based in Greenville. They are all varsity sports teams that play under the NCAA Division I. Their most famous sport is football, with the team being members of the “Big East” and inductees of “American Athletic Conference”. There are a total of 19 varsity teams that make up the Pirates. Their main director is Jeff Compher, who is responsible for every sport. Football games are usually played at the home ground of Dowdy Ficklen Stadium. The other popular sport played at the university is basketball, the matches of which are played at the Williams Arena in Minges Coliseum. Baseball is also widely enjoyed at the campus and the ball park is located at the Clark LeClair Stadium. The new game season will be beginning for the teams very soon, so buy East Carolina Pirates tickets in time.
East Carolina Pirates Venues
East Carolina Pirates Cities
Latest East Carolina Pirates Events
- East Carolina Pirates vs. Western Carolina Catamounts, Dowdy Ficklen Stadium tickets for 09/03 03:30 AM at Dowdy Ficklen Stadium, Greenville, NC
- Sat Sep 03 2016
- East Carolina Pirates vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack, Dowdy Ficklen Stadium tickets for 09/10 03:30 AM at Dowdy Ficklen Stadium, Greenville, NC
- Sat Sep 10 2016
- South Carolina Gamecocks vs. East Carolina Pirates, William Brice Stadium tickets for 09/17 03:30 AM at William Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
- Sat Sep 17 2016
- Virginia Tech Hokies vs. East Carolina Pirates, Lane Stadium tickets for 09/24 03:30 AM at Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VA
- Sat Sep 24 2016
- East Carolina Pirates vs. UCF Knights, Dowdy Ficklen Stadium tickets for 10/01 03:30 AM at Dowdy Ficklen Stadium, Greenville, NC
- Sat Oct 01 2016
- South Florida Bulls vs. East Carolina Pirates, Raymond James Stadium tickets for 10/08 03:30 AM at Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
- Sat Oct 08 2016
- East Carolina Pirates vs. Navy Midshipmen, Dowdy Ficklen Stadium tickets for 10/13 03:30 AM at Dowdy Ficklen Stadium, Greenville, NC
- Thu Oct 13 2016
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates, Nippert Stadium tickets for 10/22 03:30 AM at Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati, OH
- Sat Oct 22 2016
The teams are so named because the pirate culture was associated with the coast of the Carolinas. In fact, many legends and famous pirates have originated from here, including the infamous Blackbeard who resided in the Bath areas of the coast. The team’s mascot has been inspired by a stern looking bearded man with an eye patch, a purple hat, a yellow bandana and an earring.
Thus it was in 1934 that the name of the teams was officially chosen as the Pirates. This was chosen through a contest that took place throughout the campus. Students pitched in ideas for the names and mascots. Along with the team’s name, the mascot design was also finalized to be "Pee Dee the Pirate." Pee Dee was chosen after the name of the river that flows across the North and South states. This was the area where the pirates would settle down before going aboard their journeys. The students at the university in the later years, however, were not too fond of the name. Therefore in 1985, it was decided that the team’s name be shortened to a simpler "The Pirates". Pee Dee and other variations such as Petey are still used for the mascot.
Basketball at East Carolina University is one sport that is played popularly among both males and females. It was first played as a men’s sport in 1953. Although the team ended up losing, it showed a lot of potential and thus was inducted as a regular sports team for the university. Since then, the team has made an appearance at the NCAA Tournament. The team members have gone ahead to play for professional teams such as the Los Angeles Lakers and the Utah Jazz. Women’s basketball is also very famous amongst the students. Heather Macy is the team’s coach and has led them towards much success, including a 19-16 record. This team has seldom lost a match.
Sports season will begin once again for the university at the start of the term for which East Carolina Pirates tickets are now available. So get them booked before they sell out.