East Carolina Pirates Tickets
The East Carolina Pirates is the name given to the various sports teams that play for East Carolina University based in Greenville. They are all varsity sports teams that play under the NCAA Division I. Their most famous sport is football, with the team being members of the “Big East” and inductees of “American Athletic Conference”. There are a total of 19 varsity teams that make up the Pirates. Their main director is Jeff Compher, who is responsible for every sport. Football games are usually played at the home ground of Dowdy Ficklen Stadium. The other popular sport played at the university is basketball, the matches of which are played at the Williams Arena in Minges Coliseum. Baseball is also widely enjoyed at the campus and the ball park is located at the Clark LeClair Stadium. The new game season will be beginning for the teams very soon, so buy East Carolina Pirates tickets in time.
East Carolina Pirates Venues
- Florida Gators vs. East Carolina Pirates Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
- East Carolina Pirates Bright House Networks Stadium
- East Carolina Pirates Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
- Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs vs. East Carolina Pirates Gerald J. Ford Stadium
- BYU Cougars vs. East Carolina Pirates Lavell Edwards Stadium
- East Carolina Pirates Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
- UConn Huskies vs. East Carolina Pirates Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field
East Carolina Pirates Cities
Latest East Carolina Pirates Events
- East Carolina Pirates vs. Towson Tigers, Dowdy Ficklen Stadium tickets for 09/05 06:00 PM at Dowdy Ficklen Stadium, Greenville, NC
- Sat Sep 05 2015
- Florida Gators vs. East Carolina Pirates, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium tickets for 09/12 07:00 PM at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL
- Sat Sep 12 2015
- Navy Midshipmen vs. East Carolina Pirates, Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium tickets for 09/19 03:30 PM at Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, MD
- Sat Sep 19 2015
- East Carolina Pirates vs. Virginia Tech Hokies, Dowdy Ficklen Stadium tickets for 09/26 03:30 AM at Dowdy Ficklen Stadium, Greenville, NC
- Sat Sep 26 2015
- Southern Methodist (SMU) Mustangs vs. East Carolina Pirates, Gerald J. Ford Stadium tickets for 10/03 03:30 AM at Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, TX
- Sat Oct 03 2015
- BYU Cougars vs. East Carolina Pirates, Lavell Edwards Stadium tickets for 10/10 03:30 AM at Lavell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT
- Sat Oct 10 2015
- East Carolina Pirates vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Dowdy Ficklen Stadium tickets for 10/17 03:30 AM at Dowdy Ficklen Stadium, Greenville, NC
- Sat Oct 17 2015
- UConn Huskies vs. East Carolina Pirates, Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field tickets for 10/30 07:00 PM at Pratt and Whitney Stadium At Rentschler Field, East Hartford, CT
- Fri Oct 30 2015
The teams are so named because the pirate culture was associated with the coast of the Carolinas. In fact, many legends and famous pirates have originated from here, including the infamous Blackbeard who resided in the Bath areas of the coast. The team’s mascot has been inspired by a stern looking bearded man with an eye patch, a purple hat, a yellow bandana and an earring.
Thus it was in 1934 that the name of the teams was officially chosen as the Pirates. This was chosen through a contest that took place throughout the campus. Students pitched in ideas for the names and mascots. Along with the team’s name, the mascot design was also finalized to be "Pee Dee the Pirate." Pee Dee was chosen after the name of the river that flows across the North and South states. This was the area where the pirates would settle down before going aboard their journeys. The students at the university in the later years, however, were not too fond of the name. Therefore in 1985, it was decided that the team’s name be shortened to a simpler "The Pirates". Pee Dee and other variations such as Petey are still used for the mascot.
Basketball at East Carolina University is one sport that is played popularly among both males and females. It was first played as a men’s sport in 1953. Although the team ended up losing, it showed a lot of potential and thus was inducted as a regular sports team for the university. Since then, the team has made an appearance at the NCAA Tournament. The team members have gone ahead to play for professional teams such as the Los Angeles Lakers and the Utah Jazz. Women’s basketball is also very famous amongst the students. Heather Macy is the team’s coach and has led them towards much success, including a 19-16 record. This team has seldom lost a match.
Sports season will begin once again for the university at the start of the term for which East Carolina Pirates tickets are now available. So get them booked before they sell out.