2016 Copa America Tickets
The Copa America is the most prestigious regional championship of the Americas and includes almost every major soccer nation from South, Central and North America. For almost a hundred years, it has thrown up some amazing games and tantalizing rivalries to become one of the most watched international soccer tournaments in the world. Now that this year’s edition is around the corner, the time has come to see who lifts the title at the end of its showpiece game. Book your Copa America final tickets and enjoy watching all the action, live as the latest CONMEBOL champion is crowned.
Copa America Schedule 2017-18
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group A Doubleheader, Red Bull Arena - NJ, tickets for 07/07 TBA at Red Bull Arena - NJ, Harrison, NJ
- Fri Jul 7 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group B, Nissan Stadium - Nashville, tickets for 07/08 TBA at Nissan Stadium - Nashville, Nashville, TN
- Sat Jul 8 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group C, Qualcomm Stadium, tickets for 07/09 TBA at Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA
- Sun Jul 9 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group A Doubleheader, BBVA Compass Stadium, tickets for 07/11 TBA at BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, TX
- Tue Jul 11 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group B Doubleheader, Raymond James Stadium, tickets for 07/12 TBA at Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
- Wed Jul 12 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group C, Sports Authority Field At Mile High, tickets for 07/13 TBA at Sports Authority Field At Mile High, Denver, CO
- Thu Jul 13 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group A, Toyota Stadium, tickets for 07/14 TBA at Toyota Stadium, Frisco, TX
- Fri Jul 14 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group B, FirstEnergy Stadium - Cleveland, tickets for 07/15 TBA at FirstEnergy Stadium - Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
- Sat Jul 15 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group C, Alamodome, tickets for 07/16 TBA at Alamodome, San Antonio, TX
- Sun Jul 16 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Quarterfinal, Lincoln Financial Field, tickets for 07/19 5:00PM at Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
- Wed Jul 19 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Quarterfinal, University Of Phoenix Stadium, tickets for 07/20 TBA at University Of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ
- Thu Jul 20 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Semifinal, AT&T Stadium, tickets for 07/22 TBA at AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
- Sat Jul 22 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Semifinal, Rose Bowl - Pasadena, tickets for 07/23 12:00PM at Rose Bowl - Pasadena, Pasadena, CA
- Sun Jul 23 2017
In 1916 Argentina held a soccer tournament to celebrate their one hundredth anniversary featuring Chile, Uruguay and Brazil. Uruguay won the title by defeating the host nation in the final. That was the first edition of the Copa America and it has gone from strength to strength ever since. In 1986, the tournament went through a bit of a facelift and began to be held after every two years. That remained the case till 2001 when the gap was increased to four.
The tournament features twelve teams, ten from South America and two that are invited from different regions. Teams are divided into three groups of four. The top two and the two best third ranked teams qualify for the next round. The second round features eight teams competing in the quarterfinals, followed by the semifinals and the final.
The Copa America has traditionally been dominated by Argentina and Uruguay. Uruguay has won it a record fifteen times and has come in second six times to date. Argentina has one less tournament win with fourteen and has finished runner- ups a record thirteen times. Brazil is the third best performing side with eight wins and eleven runner-up medals in history.
Chile beat Argentina last year in the final to clinch its first ever Copa America title. The time has come for the tournament to take center stage once again as the Copa America Centenario rolls into town. This is a special edition of the tournament and will feature sixteen teams instead of the regular twelve. CONCACAF will provide six teams and the remaining ten will come from the CONMEBOL.
This year’s edition will take place in the US and will be the first in history to be held outside the South American continent. Ten venues across the country will see some of the best players in the world take the field for a series of pulsating clashes. Grab your Copa America tickets and watch the next winner of this prestigious tournament being crowned live at the MetLife Stadium.