Boston Red Sox Tickets
Boston Red Sox Venues
- Boston Red Sox Busch Stadium
- Boston Red Sox Comerica Park
- Boston Red Sox Fenway Park
- Boston Red Sox Globe Life Park
- Boston Red Sox Oakland Coliseum
- Boston Red Sox Oriole Park At Camden Yards
- Boston Red Sox Progressive Field
- Boston Red Sox Rogers Centre
- Boston Red Sox Target Field
- Boston Red Sox Tropicana Field
- Boston Red Sox Yankee Stadium
Boston Red Sox Cities
Latest Boston Red Sox Events
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Boston Red Sox, Tropicana Field tickets for 09/23 07:10 PM at Tropicana Field, Saint Petersburg, FL
- Fri Sep 23 2016
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Boston Red Sox, Tropicana Field tickets for 09/24 06:10 PM at Tropicana Field, Saint Petersburg, FL
- Sat Sep 24 2016
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Boston Red Sox, Tropicana Field tickets for 09/25 01:10 PM at Tropicana Field, Saint Petersburg, FL
- Sun Sep 25 2016
- New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox, Yankee Stadium tickets for 09/27 07:05 PM at Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY
- Tue Sep 27 2016
- New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox, Yankee Stadium tickets for 09/28 07:05 PM at Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY
- Wed Sep 28 2016
- New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox, Yankee Stadium tickets for 09/29 07:05 PM at Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY
- Thu Sep 29 2016
- Boston Red Sox vs. Toronto Blue Jays, Fenway Park tickets for 09/30 07:10 PM at Fenway Park, Boston, MA
- Fri Sep 30 2016
- Detroit Tigers vs. Boston Red Sox, Comerica Park tickets for 04/07 01:10 PM at Comerica Park, Detroit, MI
- Fri Apr 07 2017
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox, Rogers Centre tickets for 04/18 07:07 PM at Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON
- Tue Apr 18 2017
- Baltimore Orioles vs. Boston Red Sox, Oriole Park at Camden Yards tickets for 04/21 03:30 AM at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore, MD
- Fri Apr 21 2017
- Minnesota Twins vs. Boston Red Sox, Target Field tickets for 05/05 07:10 PM at Target Field, Minneapolis, MN
- Fri May 05 2017
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Boston Red Sox, Busch Stadium tickets for 05/16 07:15 PM at Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO
- Tue May 16 2017
- Oakland Athletics vs. Boston Red Sox, Oakland Coliseum tickets for 05/18 03:30 AM at Oakland Coliseum, Oakland, CA
- Thu May 18 2017
- Texas Rangers vs. Boston Red Sox, Globe Life Park tickets for 07/03 03:30 AM at Globe Life Park, Arlington, TX
- Mon Jul 03 2017
When Big Papi announced he was going to retire at the end of the season, speculation immediately turned to potential replacements for the Red Sox icon. Numerous players have been linked to the Red Sox over the course of the season, but there are only a few names which seem like actual replacements for Ortiz.
The Toronto Blue Jays’ Edwin Encarnacion is one such name. Encarnacion has a wonderful record at Fenway Park; he has struck twelve home runs, driven in thirty seven runs and his average in forty four career games at the ballpark is 0.296. Encarnacion will be out of contract at the end of this season and the Red Sox would not mind having his firepower on their side.
Another player being linked to the Boston side is Jose Bautista, who also has a superb record at Fenway Park. The slugger has belted twenty two homeruns, driven in fifty one runs and has an average of .277 in sixty games at Fenway Park. With Ortiz retiring, Bautista could very well be the player to take the Red Sox forward. He is also out of contract at the end of the season.
The third possible player being linked to the Red Sox is Mark Teixeira, the Yankees’ first baseman. Despite the fact that his offensive stats have slipped, Teixeira still remains a supremely talented first baseman and Boston could very well have Hanley Ramirez and Teixeira shared DH and first base duties next season to account for Ortiz’s retirement.
Tracing the history of Red Sox, we find ourselves in the Boston of 1900's. A club named Boston American's was formed in Boston, Massachusetts as American League's charter franchise. Huntington Avenue Grounds became its first home field. The franchise showed great spark from the outset and finished second and third in its first two seasons.The year of 1903 witnessed the Boston American's capturing their first World Series by defeating Pittsburgh Pirates. They defended the title in the next season as well. These two consecutive titles made the club a new craze among baseball lovers all over America.
The Boston franchise changed its name to Boston Red Sox in 1908 in accordance with a permanent uniform feature. During their second decade in the league, the Red Sox scored an impressive and a rear winning streak as they clinched four World Series Titles in 1912, 1915, 1916 and 1918 respectively.
Though a dominant and completive team, the Boston Red Sox did not manage to score any World Series Championship for eight decades. Some internal problems and bad luck struck the team badly and it went on one of the longest championship droughts in baseball history. From the 1920's till 1990's, the Boston Red Sox kept losing many valuable players, good administrators and major titles. However, what they did not lose was courage, hope and desire that paved way for the return of the champs in the new millennium.It was in 2004 when the Bosox, as their fans affectionately call them, won their sixth World Series Championship. They won it after eight-six years and what a win it was. Playing in the 100th World Series, the Red Sox wreck havoc on all the opponents before defeating the National League champions, St. Louis Cardinals in the finals by 4-0. The eagerly awaited win raised the spirits of Red Sox fans and the team emerged as one of the hottest contenders of all major Baseball championships. The next World Series title came for them in 2007, when they beat the Colorado Rockies and become one of the most successful MLB teams of the decade.
Quite recently, the Boston Red Sox has outperformed other teams during all the significant games. The Boston Red Sox is currently owned by John Henry and Tom Werner. Theo Epstein is the General Manager while Terry Francona acts as the Manager of team. The team plays its home games at the Fenway Park, their medium capacitated home ground since 1912; while their spring training games are held at City of Palms Park, Florida.The Boston Red Sox have given some of the greatest baseball players to the world. The club has been home to famous players and Hall of Famers like Bobby Doerr, Jimmy Collins, Joe Cronin, Ted Williams, Jim Rice, Carl Yastrzemski and Wade Boggs. Its present rooster is no less interesting as it combines the talents of some really competitive pitchers, pinch hitters and position players.
Boston Red Sox give full-on entertainment to the baseball fans. The fans, in return, support them through thick and thin. Indeed, their massive fan base in an outside Boston have made them a center of American baseball interest and a intimidating concern for other teams including the archrivals New York Yankees. The Red Sox fans, also known as Red Sox Nation, make sure to support their team wherever they play. The consecutive sold out home games since 2003 have made them an MLB record holder while the club also rules in terms of average road attendance, a feat they achieved in 2007. With the likes of mascot Wally the Green Monster, crazy fans and ever-enthusiastic club officials; one can be ensured of great fun in every Red Sox game.
Boston Red Sox are among most loved baseball champions of these times. This season, they are all geared up to play their best game and bring more wins and titles to their homeland. This is one amazing team that offers baseball thrill at its best. So while the whole nation is going crazy to find out the next World Champion, you can grab the Boston Red Sox tickets to find out whether they are the ones or not!