Young Mc Tickets
Making a name in the music industry is a risk. Sometimes your stars align and you get what you want and sometimes you don’t. One name that got to live his dream by making it big in of hip-hop is Young MC. He released his debut album, ‘Stone Cold Rhymin’ in 1989 and has gone from strength to strength since. He made his debut when rap music was becoming popular and names like 2Pac and The Notorious B.I.G were still making waves. Since that time, the artist has gone on to enjoy quite a lot of success and has also won a Grammy Award. Now he is about to go on tour and will be making his way to your town soon. Book your Young MC tickets and watch his performance live.
Young Mc Venues
- Young Mc American Bank Center
- Young Mc Amway Center
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, All-4-One, Young MC & Tone Loc Baxter Arena
- Young Mc BMO Harris Bank Center
- Young Mc Brandt Centre - Evraz Place
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, All-4-One, Young MC & Tone Loc Erie Insurance Arena
- Young Mc Germain Arena
- Young Mc Pensacola Bay Center
- Young Mc Peoria Civic Center - Arena
- Young Mc PNC Arena
- Young Mc Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
- Young Mc St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, DJ Spinderella, Kid N Play, Coolio, Color Me Badd, Young MC & Tone Loc Tallahassee Pavilion
- Young Mc US Cellular Center - Cedar Rapids
Young Mc Cities
Latest Young Mc Events
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Coolio, Tone Loc, All-4-One & Young MC, Amway Center tickets for 12/03 07:00 PM Amway Center
- Sat Dec 03 2016
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Coolio, Kid N Play, Color Me Badd, Young MC & Tone Loc, Pensacola Bay Center tickets for 12/09 07:00 PM Pensacola Bay Center
- Fri Dec 09 2016
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, DJ Spinderella, Kid N Play, Coolio, Color Me Badd, Young MC & Tone Loc, Tallahassee Pavilion tickets for 12/10 05:30 PM Tallahassee Pavilion
- Sat Dec 10 2016
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, Tone Loc & Young MC, Peoria Civic Center Arena tickets for 12/15 07:00 PM Peoria Civic Center Arena
- Thu Dec 15 2016
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, All 4 One, Coolio, Tone Loc & Young MC, US Cellular Center Cedar Rapids tickets for 12/16 07:00 PM US Cellular Center Cedar Rapids
- Fri Dec 16 2016
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, All-4-One, Young MC & Tone Loc, Baxter Arena tickets for 12/17 07:00 PM Baxter Arena
- Sat Dec 17 2016
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, Rob Base & Young MC, Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort tickets for 12/27 08:00 PM Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
- Tue Dec 27 2016
- Back To The 90s: Sisqo, Naughty By Nature, All 4 One, Biz Markie, Rob Base & Young MC, American Bank Center tickets for 02/04 07:30 PM American Bank Center
- Sat Feb 04 2017
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, Young MC, Tone Loc & Rob Base, BMO Harris Bank Center tickets for 02/10 07:00 PM BMO Harris Bank Center
- Fri Feb 10 2017
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, All-4-One, Young MC & Tone Loc, Erie Insurance Arena tickets for 02/17 07:30 PM Erie Insurance Arena
- Fri Feb 17 2017
- I Love The 90s: Vanilla Ice, Naughty By Nature, Mark McGrath, Biz Markie, All 4 One & Young MC, St. Augustine Amphitheatre tickets for 03/24 07:00 PM St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- Fri Mar 24 2017
- I Love The 90s: Vanilla Ice, Mark McGrath, Naughty By Nature, All-4-One, Young MC & Rob Base, Germain Arena tickets for 03/25 08:00 PM Germain Arena
- Sat Mar 25 2017
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Color Me Badd, Young MC & Rob Base, Brandt Centre Evraz Place tickets for 04/01 07:00 PM Brandt Centre Evraz Place
- Sat Apr 01 2017
- I Love The 90s: Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, Color Me Badd, Young MC & Tone Loc, PNC Arena tickets for 04/27 07:00 PM PNC Arena
- Thu Apr 27 2017
Making a name in the world of hip-hop during the 80’s was not easy especially when the genre was being dominated by legendary artists like 2Pac, The Notorious B.I.G and Public Enemy among others. It looked tough for anyone to force his way through but that didn’t stop Young MC from making an impact. The artist made his debut in 1988 with the release of his first record, ‘Stone Cold Rhymin’ which instantly hooked masses to his sound. Since then he has gone on to pursue a successful career and has also starred in a number of films and television shows. The artist is now about to go on tour and will be delivering a performance in your town soon. If you like hip-hop music then book your Young MC tickets and watch as he raps live.
Embarking on a successful journey
Young MC was born in England to Jamaican immigrants who moved to New York when he was eight years old. As a kid growing up, he was inspired by some of the most notable names in the music industry like, the Beastie Boys, Salt-N-Pepa and LL Cool J. He later became interested in rap music and began practicing his rhyming skills when he was just ten. He went to the Hunter College High School and later completed his education by getting a degree in economics from the University of South California. It was at the university that he met with the owners of Delicious Vinyl, Michael Ross and Matt Dike. Young MC auditioned for them over the phone and was instantly signed.
Taking over hip-hop
After joining Delicious Vinyl, Young MC wrote a couple of successful singles, Wild Things and Funky Cold Medina in 1989 for Tone Loc. Both tracks performed well on the charts as they reached second and third spot on the Billboard Hot 100 respectively. Young MC then got his major breakthrough when he released his debut album, ‘Stone Cold Rhymin’ the same year which gained him international fame. The record reached the ninth and eighth spot on the Billboard 200 and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. It was positively received by the critics as AllMusic and artistdistrict.com gave it five stars out of five.
The record also featured six singles including, I Let E’m Know, Know How, Bust a Move, Principle’s Office, I Come Off and Pick up the Pace. Principle’s Office and I Come Off were Top 40 hits in the United States whereas Bust a Move debuted at the seventh position on the Billboard Hot 100 and stayed there for a whopping thirty nine weeks. The single was extremely popular and made it to the VH1’s list of the ‘100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs’ and the ‘100 Greatest Songs of the 1980s’ in 2008. It also earned him a Grammy Award for the ‘Best Rap Performance’ in 1990.
Still rocking it loud
After the success of ‘Stone Cold Rhymin,’ Young MC came out with his second record, ‘Brainstorm’ in 1991 which reached the sixty sixth and sixty first spots on the Billboard 200 and Top R&B/Hip-Hop albums chart. Though it was not as successful as his previous record, ‘Brainstorm’ still managed to receive mild success and was certified gold by the RIAA. It received mixed reviews from the critics as AllMusic gave it three stars out of five.
He has since gone on to put out six studio albums more. The songs from these later records were featured in television shows like, Scrubs, Knight Rider and Ugly Betty among others. Young MC’s music also featured in the trailer of films like, Four Brothers, Barnyard and Crossover. It also made its way to video games like EA Sports Tiger Woods 09.
Young MC also became the spokesman for Pepsi Cool Cans campaign in 1990 and has also starred in a cameo in the film, ‘Up in the Air’ featuring George Clooney. He has also won a Grammy Award, a Billboard Music Award and an American Music Award. He is now going on tour so, grab your Young MC tickets and watch his performance live.