Yo Yo Ma Tickets
Multiple times Grammy Award winner cellist and composer, Yo Yo Ma is undoubtedly one of the best cellists of our time. With his outclass cello playing and hundreds of live performances all over the globe, he has gone over to enjoy worldwide fame when it comes to a list of few very popular cellists in the world. Through the span of his career, Ma has taken home a number of awards and honorariums, which also include his Presidential Medal of Freedom and National Medal of Freedom.
Yo Yo Ma Venues
- Yo Yo Ma Chicago Symphony Center
- Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile Granada Theatre - Santa Barbara
- Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile Greek Theatre - U.C. Berkeley
- Yo Yo Ma Hollywood Bowl
- Silk Road Ensemble & Yo-Yo Ma New Jersey Performing Arts Center - Prudential Hall
- Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer Schermerhorn Symphony Center
- Yo Yo Ma Walt Disney Concert Hall
Yo Yo Ma Cities
Yo Yo Ma Schedule 2017-18
- Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer, Chicago Symphony Center tickets for 04/24 08:00 PM at Chicago Symphony Center, Chicago, IL
- Mon Apr 24 2017
- Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer, Schermerhorn Symphony Center tickets for 04/26 08:00 PM at Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Nashville, TN
- Wed Apr 26 2017
- Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile, Greek Theatre - U.C. Berkeley tickets for 04/30 06:00 PM at Greek Theatre U.C. Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- Sun Apr 30 2017
- Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile, Granada Theatre - Santa Barbara tickets for 05/02 07:00 PM at Granada Theatre Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA
- Tue May 02 2017
- Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer, Walt Disney Concert Hall tickets for 05/03 08:00 PM at Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles, CA
- Wed May 03 2017
- Yo-Yo Ma, Hollywood Bowl tickets for 09/12 08:00 PM at Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA
- Tue Sep 12 2017
- Emanuel Ax, Leonidas Kavakos & Yo-Yo Ma, Chicago Symphony Center tickets for 02/25 03:00 PM at Chicago Symphony Center, Chicago, IL
- Sun Feb 25 2018
On October 7, 1955, Yo Yo Ma was born in Paris with a musical background. His father was already a professional violinist as well as a music professor while his mother on the other hand was a professional singer. He was brought up in Paris for the first five years of his life after that the entire family moved to New York. Yo Yo Ma started learning music and started playing instruments at a very young age. With music running all through his veins, Ma initially started learning and playing violin. But later his interest went to playing viola, but he finally settled with playing cello by the time he was only four years of age. By the time that he was only five years of age, he started performing in front of live audience. Some of his early childhood performances also include his performances in front of Presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower and John F. Kennedy. By the time Ma was just eight years of age, he made his very first national television appearance in United States when he performed alongside his sister in Leonard Bernstein’s concert. Amidst all these live performances, Ma was also studying at the Trinity School, and by the time he had graduated from the school, he went on to perform along with the Harvard Radcliffe Orchestra as a soloist.
For his higher education Yo Yo Ma attended Harvard University, but before that he also attended Juilliard School with Leonard Rose and Columbia University for a short amount of time. Before Ma got enrolled for Harvard University he also performed under the conductor, Pablo Casals, as he played along with the Marlboro Festival Orchestra. He enjoyed good amount of popularity even before he got enrolled at the Harvard University. He had already performed extensively with some of the best orchestras of that time. He performed and recorded Cello Suites by Johann Sebastian Bach in 1983, and received critical acclaim for that. In collaboration with the pianist Emanuel Ax, Ma also played chamber music a number of times. Yo Yo Ma passed out as a Harvard graduate later in 1976 and later in 1991 he also received an honorary doctorate.
Yo Yo Ma currently uses a 270 years old cello named Petunia that was made back in 1733 by Domenico Montagnana. The Cello was named by one of his students at the Salt Lake City, and it valued at US$ 2.5 Million. During the fall of 1999, Ma accidently misplaced the cello when he left it in a cab in New York by mistake. However the cello was later recovered without any damages. Currently, he tours and performs along side his Silk Road Ensemble. Silk Road Ensemble has a diverse lineup of musicians that come from different backgrounds and countries. The ensemble has signed a record deal with Song Classical Label. Throughout his career, Ma has released a total of seventy five studio albums and has claimed fifteen Grammy Awards for his studio work as well. He was also the recipient of the title of Peace Ambassador by UN General Secretary in 2006. Currently Ma also serves on President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities, after being appointed by President Obama himself in 2009.
Yo Yo Ma’s live performances along with his ensemble are nothing less than a musical treat to the ears. So feast on his musical excellence with our Yo Yo Ma tickets.
Yo Yo Ma Events Tickets Prices
The average price for Yo Yo Ma Tickets start from $176. The minimum get in price is $35 for Yo Yo Ma Tickets at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center - Prudential Hall, Newark. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer||Chicago||24-Apr-17||$577||$451|
|Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer||Nashville||26-Apr-17||$253||$238|
|Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile||Berkeley||30-Apr-17||$227||$160|
|Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile||Santa Barbara||2-May-17||$276||$276|
|Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer||Los Angeles||3-May-17||$319||$165|
|Yo-Yo Ma||Los Angeles||12-Sep-17||$208||$54|
|Emanuel Ax, Leonidas Kavakos & Yo-Yo Ma||Chicago||25-Feb-18||$198||$78|
|Yo-Yo Ma, Leonidas Kavakos & Emanuel Ax||Los Angeles||4-Mar-18||$185||$68|
|Silk Road Ensemble & Yo-Yo Ma||Newark||8-Apr-18||$176||$35|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.