Yo La Tengo Tickets
Yo La Tengo has been active on the music scene for almost thirty years now. This band has won accolades from the critics and enjoys a cult following all over the world. Till date Yo La Tengo has released thirteen studio and four compilation albums. The band has also performed over eighty covers songs. Yo La Tengo tickets for their last show ran short because of the increasing demand of the fans. .
Yo La Tengo Venues
- Yo La Tengo Academy of Music Theatre
- Yo La Tengo Baltimore Soundstage
- Yo La Tengo Exit In
- Yo La Tengo Jefferson Theater - VA
- Yo La Tengo Landmark Loews Theatre
- Yo La Tengo Music Farm - Charleston
- Yo La Tengo The Orange Peel
Yo La Tengo Cities
- Yo La Tengo Asheville NC
- Yo La Tengo Baltimore MD
- Yo La Tengo Charleston SC
- Yo La Tengo Charlottesville VA
- Yo La Tengo Jersey City NJ
- Yo La Tengo Nashville TN
- Yo La Tengo Northampton MA
Latest Yo La Tengo Events
- Yo La Tengo, Jefferson Theater - VA tickets for 03/27 08:00 PM at Jefferson Theater VA, Charlottesville, VA
- Sun Mar 27 2016
- Yo La Tengo, The Orange Peel tickets for 04/02 09:00 PM at The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC
- Sat Apr 02 2016
- Yo La Tengo, Music Farm - Charleston tickets for 04/03 09:00 PM at Music Farm Charleston, Charleston, SC
- Sun Apr 03 2016
- Yo La Tengo, Baltimore Soundstage tickets for 04/05 08:00 PM at Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimore, MD
- Tue Apr 05 2016
- Yo La Tengo, Academy of Music Theatre tickets for 04/07 07:30 PM at Academy of Music Theatre, Northampton, MA
- Thu Apr 07 2016
Yo La Tengo history dates back to the year 1984. The band was founded by a husband and wife music duo namely drummer Georgia Hubley and guitarist Ira Kaplan. The band name is taken from Spanish language and means "I Have it". The duo then decided to hire other musicians to play bass and lead guitar. They were joined by bassist Dave Rick and guitarist Dave Schramm. The group started writing and performing music in genres like noise pop, indie rock, dream pop and experimental rock.
From their debut till 1993, the band was signed with major labels like Coyote Records, Alias and Bar None Records but since then all the albums have been released by Matador Records. Yo La Tengo members cite critically acclaimed post punk and psychedelic rock bands like Arthur Lee’s Love, The Soft Rock Boys and Missions of Burma.
After doing a few local gigs Yo La Tengo managed to release the first studio album titled Ride the Tiger through Coyote Records. Overall the album didn’t receive favorable reviews but Dave Schramm guitar playing was appreciated. Under the same label two more albums were released namely New Wave Hot Dogs (1987) and President Yo La Tengo (1989). Both these albums received moderate success but the band started to get attention of the critics as well as music lovers. In 1990 came Fakebook that was released by Bar None Records and in 1992 May I Sing with Me that was produced by Alias and Virgin Records. By this time Yo La Tengo was enjoying a hardcore fan following due to their unusual lyrics and offbeat experimental music.
In 1995, the band signed an exclusive recording deal with Matador Records and since then it has released eight more studio albums including chart hits like And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside out (2000), Summer Sun (2003), I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat your Ass (2006) and Popular Songs (2009). These four albums managed to hit the US Billboard chart at #138, #115, #66 and #58 respectively. The latest album by Yo La Tengo is Fade that was released in January 2013. This album has already entered the US Billboard at #26 and is going strong. This has become the band’s highest charting album ever and there is a fair chance that it will improve its overall chart position. Fade includes tracks like "Is That Enough", "The Point of It" and "Before We Run".
Yo La Tengo's latest album came out after a long gap and it’s doing well on the charts. Their concerts are a must watch event for music lovers. Yo La Tengo tickets of their last show sold very quickly..