The Lumineers Philadelphia Tickets
The Lumineers have joined forces with U2 for “The Joshua Tree Tour” 2017 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of U2’s epic album. The Lumineers are going to open for the rock icons and you can catch the two bands share the stage when they perform at the Lincoln Financial Field on June 18. It is going to be an explosive Sunday night. Secure The Lumineers Philadelphia tickets because it is not every day that you get to see two celebrated bands on one stage.
About the Tour
2017 came with the welcome news that The Lumineers are all set to hit the road with U2 as part of their “Joshua Tree Tour” 2017. The tour kicks off May 12 and the US dates as well as the European stops have been announced.
Some Interesting Facts
- The Joshua Tree Tour is actually the 30th anniversary of U2’s album that was written in the mid 80s. Now given the political scenario of the US, the album has taken a new meaning and hence a tour seemed apt. The Lumineers are headlining for U2.
- The Luminners have managed to become a big name in the folk rock world with only two albums to their credit.
- They are best known for their double platinum single “Ho Hey.” It was all over the media when it released, be it the TV shows, ads or movies. So even if you haven’t heard of the band you must have heard this song at some point, such was the success of the single.
- The Luminners came together under unusual circumstances. A death of a loved one brought them together as they found solace in music.
- Wesley Schultz and Jeremiah Caleb Fraites who made up the band were later joined by Neyla Pekarek when the two gave an ad on Craigslist for a cellist.
- The band never picked their own name, in fact it was given by a promoter who mistook their name and somehow it stuck.
- The Lumineers are quite modest about their success. Schultz’s take on success: “It’s really arbitrary to us. I’m really thrilled, but I also take it with a grain of salt…I feel really lucky because I know how fickle the business, the industry is.”
Do not miss the Grammy nominated band perform live when they join U2 on a tour that is already making headlines. The band is thrilled to play these shows. Get The Lumineers Philadelphia tickets in time to see them live in concert.