The Florida Orchestra Tickets
The Florida Orchestra is an orchestra that is located in Florida in the United States of America. When it was formed, it was known as the Florida Gulf Coast Symphony. In 1968, the Tampa Philharmonic as well as the St. Petersburg Symphony Orchestra merged together. By 1984, the new orchestra was known as The Florida Orchestra, a terrific ensemble that provides some of the most entertaining live concerts in St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Tampa.
Latest The Florida Orchestra Events
- Pensacola Symphony Orchestra: Mozart & Mahler, Saenger Theatre - FL, tickets for 04/26 8:00PM at Saenger Theatre - FL, Pensacola, FL
- Sat Apr 26 2014
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, tickets for 05/09 8:00PM at Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, Orlando, FL
- Fri May 9 2014
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, tickets for 05/11 2:00PM at Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, Orlando, FL
- Sun May 11 2014
- Russian State Symphony Orchestra, Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall, tickets for 11/18 8:00PM at Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall, West Palm Beach, FL
- Tue Nov 18 2014
- St. Petersburg State Orchestra, Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall, tickets for 01/07 8:00PM at Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall, West Palm Beach, FL
- Wed Jan 7 2015
- Budapest Festival Orchestra, Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall, tickets for 01/20 8:00PM at Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall, West Palm Beach, FL
- Tue Jan 20 2015
- Mariinsky Orchestra, Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall, tickets for 02/04 8:00PM at Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall, West Palm Beach, FL
- Wed Feb 4 2015
- Danish National Symphony Orchestra, Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall, tickets for 02/15 8:00PM at Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall, West Palm Beach, FL
- Sun Feb 15 2015
The premier music director of TFO was Irwin Hoffman who served for 19 years from 1968 till 1987. From 2003 to 2012, the post of the music director was filled in by Stefan Sanderling. The contract that he had signed with the orchestra was supposed to end in the season of 2013-2014. However, reports of conflict between him and the organizers of the orchestra sprung up which ultimately led to his departure from the company.
In 2003, the musicians working in The Florida Orchestra consented to a legal contract whereby their salaries were cut by 16%. This happened due to the fiscal deficit that had taken place in a season prior to 2003. A strategy to raise the endowment of the company from $8 million to $25 million was planned. Yet, this strategy did not work in favor of the orchestra and it was not executed by the start of 2004. This resulted in seven musicians of the ensemble leaving the orchestra. In November 2006 another deficit which amounted to $676,615 for that year was reported. In 2012, the financial state of the orchestra looked much better than before. After successfully performing to dozens of live shows and gaining a great fan following, the orchestra was seen rising back up to its former glory.
The Florida Orchestra has a commendable mission statement. It states that the aim of the orchestra is to enhance and deepen the quality of artistic life existing in the Tampa Bay area by inspiring, educating and entertaining an audience that is huge and quite diverse. It allows one to enjoy a rather unique experience of being a part of a brilliant live symphony music show which ensures that the future generations will carry on enjoying the legacy of the orchestra that so admirably aims to celebrate the human spirit.
The orchestra is rendered to be Tampa Bay’s primary and foremost performing arts institution. It is definitely the most successful professional orchestra’s in the state of Florida and is ranked amongst the best orchestra in the entire country. By performing live to some of the most astonishing and totally amazing musical shows, this orchestra truly stirs the community of Tampa Bay and also aids in serving as a leader for the musical arts in the entire state. If you are a fan of the orchestra or want to be a part of an exciting live music experience then this is the optimum time for you to book The Florida Orchestra tickets and enjoy a live performance by this ensemble that will be totally out of this world.
Every year, The Florida Orchestra is known for performing to more than a 100 live music shows in the beautiful tri-city of Clearwater, Tampa and St. Petersburg. A few of the series that are comprised in the concerts are the Tampa Bay Times Masterworks, Raymond James Pops, Progress Energy Morning Masterworks, Coffee Concert matinees, instructive Youth oriented concerts as well as free Pops in the Park Concerts. With The Florida Orchestra tickets in your hands, you are surely going to get the chance of experiencing one of the finest Symphony Orchestras in the United States performing to the most dazzling and mesmerizing live music concerts. There is no doubt in the fact that the time that you will have at this event will be enlightening and it will be a spectacle that will be memorable for years to come.
Q:How long before you start selling cheaper The Florida Orchestra Tickets?
A:Discounted The Florida Orchestra Tickets are already available with us. Check out the prices and order right off.