The Bacon Brothers Tickets
The Bacon Brothers Venues
The Bacon Brothers Cities
Latest The Bacon Brothers Events
- The Bacon Brothers, The Ridgefield Playhouse tickets for 06/19 08:00 PM The Ridgefield Playhouse
- Fri Jun 19 2015
- The Bacon Brothers, New York City Winery tickets for 06/22 08:00 PM New York City Winery
- Mon Jun 22 2015
- The Bacon Brothers, Arcada Theater tickets for 07/07 07:30 PM Arcada Theater
- Tue Jul 07 2015
- The Bacon Brothers, Birchmere Music Hall tickets for 07/16 07:30 PM Birchmere Music Hall
- Thu Jul 16 2015
- The Bacon Brothers, Birchmere Music Hall tickets for 07/17 07:30 PM Birchmere Music Hall
- Fri Jul 17 2015
- The Bacon Brothers, Birchmere Music Hall tickets for 07/18 07:30 PM Birchmere Music Hall
- Sat Jul 18 2015
- The Bacon Brothers, Showroom The Orleans Hotel tickets for 08/01 08:00 PM Showroom The Orleans Hotel
- Sat Aug 01 2015
- The Bacon Brothers, Showroom The Orleans Hotel tickets for 08/02 08:00 PM Showroom The Orleans Hotel
- Sun Aug 02 2015
The duo has been successful in earning considerable amount of attention even before the group was established. Kevin Bacon was already a prolific movie star and Michael was a professional musician. Michael Bacon had initiated his musical career in the 60s and would perform regularly with his band in Philadelphia’s premier music venue named Electric Factory. At this point a young Kevin would tag along his brother whenever he could. In 1994, Kevin originally took the initiative to form a band with Michael when they had to perform a charity event in their hometown of Philadelphia. After the initial formation, both the Bacon brothers alongside the drummer Marshal Rosenberg and bassist Paul Guzzone hit the road and performed gig after gig and managed to win critical acclaim.
Following their first album, "Forosoco" which came out in 1997, the group has released a total of six albums to date. All of these albums lie between an acoustic, folkier side to a bolder genre of rock n roll with a touch of blues. Their most recent album, "New Year’s Day" came out in 2009 and was released both in the US and Europe. Unlike their previous albums this one has most of its numbers performed by Kevin. The majority of the songs by this ensemble are based upon character’s perspective or events and due to this one can readily identify the ardor in them. Their hit singles ‘Go My Way’ and ‘Unhappy Birthday’ are two such songs, the former one is funky number based on the story of a young man struggling to make it in New York where as the latter song contains great harmony and depth and is related to events of 9/11.
The Bacon Brothers provided the title theme track of the 2003 movie, Red Betsy. One of their songs, ‘Chop Wood’ is also on the soundtracks of the movie, The Woodsman. In 2009, both Michael and Kevin teamed up with legendary R&B and pop singer Bunny Sigler and a group of local mummers to record a varied edition of their song, New Year’s Day as part of fundraising efforts for the famous Mummers Parade of their hometown. The band is currently on tour and their upcoming performances are scheduled to take place at New York, Annapolis, Ridgefield and Boston. They would be performing at world class venues like Patchogue Theatre of Performing Arts and Wilbur theatre which are equipped with modern and state of the art sound systems alongside luxurious seating for the audience.
The musical performances of band are quite distinctive because they tend to include the crowd in their performance by telling jokes and personal stories about the origins of their songs. So get ready for a smashing night filled with spectacular music by purchasing your The Bacon Brothers tickets.