The American R&B vocal trio SWV has been announced as the opening as for the seven-time Grammy award winner Toni Braxton’s upcoming tour. Titled As Long As I Live, the outing is in support of the singer’s latest album release Sex & Cigarettes. But besides the new music material, both Braxton and SWV will be playing all their classic hits released throughout their music career. The itinerary includes stops in main cities such as Houston, Nashville, Detroit and Atlantic City among others. So, check out the dates and book SWV tickets for the show in your town.
The name SWV stands for Sisters With Voices. The trio started out by recording demos which were sent out by their manager along with bottles of Perrier to grab the attention of record executives around the US. In the year 1992, they were invited to perform before RCA executives which led to an eight album contract with the label.
SWV’s debut studio record titled It’s About time was released via RCA Records in October of 1992. It received multi-platinum certification from the RIAA. The group’s first single Right Here hit the thirteenth spot on the R&B charts. The album reached the eighth position on the Billboard 200. After its massive success, SWV made an appearance on the soundtrack of the 1994 movie Above the Rim.
Early Releases and Spilt
SWV followed up the success of their first music album with New Beginning. Its first single You’re the One reached the fifth spot on the Billboard Hot 100. The record achieved Platinum status and sold 1,000,000 copies in America alone.
The vocal trio’s third studio album Release Some Tension featured guest appearances by artists including Puff Daddy, Snoop Dogg, Redman, Queen Latifah, Foxy Brown, MC Lyte and A Tribe Called Quest among others. The record spawned hits such as Can We, Rain and Someone. It received Gold certification and sold 500,000 copies in the US lone.
In 1997, the music group released a holiday album titled A Special Christmas that comprised cover songs as well as original material. Following its release, the group parted ways in 1998 and their lead singer Coko went on to release her debut solo record in 1999.
Reunion and Further Contributions
SWV reunited in the year 2005 and soon announced their plans to record a new music album but were eventually not able to do so. In 2007, they performed shows with music acts such as Backstreet Boys, New Edition, Bobby Brown and After 7.
In 2011, the vocal trio signed a recording contract with E1 Entertainment and Mass Appeal Entertainment and in June of the same year, the group featured on Chris Brown’s remake of the group’s song She Ain’t You. SWV released the song Co-Sign as the first single of their fourth studio effort, I Missed Us. The album debuted at the 25th position on the Billboard 200 and sixth on the Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums chart.
In June of 2012, SWV released the song I’m So Into You that featured on their triple Platinum record It’s About Time. The song ranked eighteenth on VH1’s list of the 40 Greatest R&B Songs of the ‘90s.
SWV’s latest and fifth studio record is Still. It hit the shelves in February of 2016 and was preceded by singles including Ain’t no Man, on Tonight and MCE. The album hit number 80 on the Billboard 200 and number 5 n the R&B Albums chart, selling about 10,000 copies in its opening week. It comprised a total of ten tracks all of which were original. They were written as well as produced by Derrick ‘Bigg D’ Baker and Cainon Lamb along with co-writers such as Ralph Jeanty, Sean McMillion, Patrice Rushen, August Rigo and many others.
R&B music fans would be delighted to know that SWV will be hitting the road very soon. That is right. They have been roped in by iconic singer Toni Braxton as special guests on her As Long As I Live Tour. Both music acts will be performing their latest songs as well as old classics live as part of this outing. So, check out the itinerary and book SWV tickets for the show in your city.
How to Buy Swv Tickets?
- Go to the relevant Swv tickets page on our website. Once you are there, you will see a grid showing multiple Swv concerts. You can also go to a particular event by using our "Location" and "Date" filters.
- Simply click on the relevant event and it will take you to a page with prices for that event.
- You can go through the prices and pick the one that suits you the most. You also have the option of going through the Swv seating chart for that particular venue. You can also use the "Filters" option at the top right end of the price grid to sort tickets even more conveniently. Once you have picked the tickets you want, simply press "GO" and move to the next page.
- You can now pick the number of Swv tour tickets on that page. Once you are done with that, just fill out the form on the page and click on "Proceed to Payment." At the next page all you have to do is pick your payment method, enter your billing address and credit card details.
- After filling out the form, click "Review My Order" and go through the details. Once you are satisfied with the information on the page, click "Place Order" and your Swv tickets order will be processed.
Swv Tour Dates 2070 & Concerts
Nothing beats the joy of watching your favorite music artist perform live! Swv's concert dates are out and fans are looking forward to the upcoming shows. The next concert will be held in Houston at the House Of Blues - Houston on 19-Mar-70. For complete information regarding dates and venues, please visit our website.
|SWV||House Of Blues - Houston||Houston, TX||Wed Mar 19 207003:30 AM|
Swv Ticket Prices
Currently the average price for Swv tickets is $78. The date and location for this event is 19-Mar-70 at House Of Blues - Houston, Houston. The minimum get-in price for Swv tickets is $39.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.