Stryper is a heavy metal band from Orange County, California that has been around since 1983 except a hiatus from 1992 to 2003. It has been signed onto a number of record labels including Enigma Records, Big 3 Records and Hollywood Records. It has also been involved with a number of other bands including Boston, King James, SinDizzy and Blissed. Its current lineup consists of Michael Sweet as the lead vocalist and guitarist, Tim Gaines as the bassist and Robert Sweet as the drummer. This is a band to watch live for one of the most sensational styles in the world of metal, with Stryper tickets in hand, for an experience that is bound to amaze each and every fan of good music.
- Stryper Agora Ballroom
- Stryper Alrosa Villa
- Stryper Cabooze
- Stryper City Limits Saloon
- Stryper Egyptian Room At Old National Centre
- Stryper Gin Mill and Grille
- Stryper Gramercy Theatre
- Stryper House Of Blues - Chicago
- Stryper Intersection
- Stryper Limelight Eventplex
- Stryper Marathon Music Works
- Stryper Mercury Ballroom
- Stryper Saint Andrews Hall - Detroit
- Stryper Stone Pony
- Stryper The Forum
- Stryper The Ready Room - St. Louis
- Stryper The Summit Music Hall
Latest Stryper Events
- Stryper, Egyptian Room At Old National Centre tickets for 10/29 04:00 PM Egyptian Room At Old National Centre
- Sat Oct 29 2016
- Stryper, Cabooze tickets for 11/02 07:30 PM Cabooze
- Wed Nov 02 2016
- Stryper, The Forum tickets for 11/05 07:00 PM The Forum
- Sat Nov 05 2016
- Stryper, Mercury Ballroom tickets for 11/06 08:00 PM Mercury Ballroom
- Sun Nov 06 2016
- Stryper, The Ready Room St. Louis tickets for 11/08 08:00 PM The Ready Room St. Louis
- Tue Nov 08 2016
- Stryper, Marathon Music Works tickets for 11/09 08:00 PM Marathon Music Works
- Wed Nov 09 2016
- Stryper, Intersection tickets for 11/11 07:00 PM Intersection
- Fri Nov 11 2016
- Stryper, Agora Theatre tickets for 11/12 07:00 PM Agora Theatre
- Sat Nov 12 2016
- Stryper, Alrosa Villa tickets for 11/13 07:00 PM Alrosa Villa
- Sun Nov 13 2016
- Stryper, Saint Andrews Hall Detroit tickets for 11/16 07:00 PM Saint Andrews Hall Detroit
- Wed Nov 16 2016
- Stryper, Gin Mill and Grille tickets for 11/17 07:00 PM Gin Mill and Grille
- Thu Nov 17 2016
- Stryper, Stone Pony tickets for 11/19 07:00 PM Stone Pony
- Sat Nov 19 2016
- Stryper, Gramercy Theatre tickets for 11/20 07:00 PM Gramercy Theatre
- Sun Nov 20 2016
- Stryper, City Limits Saloon tickets for 11/21 07:00 PM City Limits Saloon
- Mon Nov 21 2016
Stryper was founded in 1983 and was first known by the name Roxxx Regime. It started out as a Christian rock band and became one of the first to be popular in mainstream music. As such, it can be regarded a pioneer of Christian rock music and in 1983, the band was signed onto Enigma Records. It then released its first EP, The Yellow and Black Attack, which was an instant hit. It was followed by a number of live concerts with Stryper touring alongside Bon Jovi and Ratt amongst others. In 1985, it then released its first studio album titled as Soldiers Under Command which was highly successful and was certified gold.
In 1986, Stryper released the album To Hell with the Devil which was a massive success and was certified platinum by the RIAA after selling over a million copies. It ranked high on the Billboard album charts and eventually went on to sell more than two million copies, becoming the first Christian metal album and the first contemporary Christian music album to do so. It contained hit singles such as Free, Honestly and Calling on You which achieved widespread fame, particularly on MTV where they were often requested and became the most requested on the MTV request show, Dial MTV. After Degarmo & Key, they became the second Christian music band to achieve airplay on the MTV channel. This album also received a Grammy Award nomination.
After the release of its platinum album, Stryper went on a famous international tour, performing at festivals such as the Dynamo Open Air Festival that takes place each year in the Netherlands. In 1988, Stryper released its next album titled as In God We Trust. This album was a big hit and was certified gold after selling numerous copies. It was also a hit on MTV and spent around five weeks on the Billboard music charts. It contained hit singles such as I Believe in You and Keep the Fire Burning. This album also won two spectacular GMA Dove Awards for the Hard Music Song and the Hard Music Album. This album was followed by the band’s second world tour.
In 1990, Stryper released its next album titled as Against the Law, moving towards a more classical metal sound. In 1991, the band was signed onto Hollywood Records and released a compilation album of their greatest songs Can’t Stop the Rock which also contained two never before heard songs such as Believe, based on the Gulf War. They then went on hiatus and saw a reunion occur in 1999 at the Puero Rico rock festival where they performed a number of songs together after many years apart. In 2000, the Stryper Expo was launched and the band performed live on stage after nine years.
In 2011, Stryper released the album The Covering in which they covered famous songs from bands such as Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Kansas and Black Sabbath. Today, this is a band that is regarded as the first popular Christian heavy metal band with its fame spreading as far as Japan and the Netherlands. It is therefore the band to catch live for fans of heavy metal and Christian music through Stryper tickets.
Q:I need discounted stryper tickets. Do you have any to offer?
A:Definitely! You can get your Stryper Tickets at a great discount. Simply, Call our help desk for discount code queries.